ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Kitchener, Ontario - August 8th 2003
By Toronto Tom with thanks to Lazy Bones

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones Live Footage to be broadcast on CNN NOW! Return to archive
07-30-03 09:28 PM
Martha Breaking: For those of you interested CNN just had some footage of the concert, has someone there reporting and says they'll show the Stones jammin' soon...stay tuned.

AND..........that U-2 IS there and will guest with the Stones at the end.

What?!

Anyone seen U-2 .....has it been reported from the gig?
07-30-03 09:29 PM
steel driving hammer Your kidding?
07-30-03 09:40 PM
Martha No I'm not kidding...check it out...there in commercial right now. No Stones yet..but they are just about to take the stage...if they hit it at 9:45.
07-30-03 09:46 PM
Martha Horrors..I just sawa a clip of Justin Timberfake at the concert doing his...well I don't know what he does.

They are again at commercial and will be on in the next segment..gotta get my VCR fired up!
07-30-03 09:52 PM
Martha Oh my Gawd...the crowd is enormous!!!!

Only saw Dan and Jim the Blues Brothers..no Stones! Grrrrr!
07-30-03 09:56 PM
Nellcote Hey Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaby!!!

This Canuck station may have 'em live.....

I'm streaming it now.....

http://www.q107.com/station/sp_stones.cfm

Click on listen live....
07-31-03 01:56 AM
gypsy Damnit! We had a huge storm last night...electricity has been out...now the cable is still out...I can't even catch the damn highlights on tv! I feel as miserable as Maxy's dog.
07-31-03 09:10 AM
Martha There, there Gypsy nobody should feel as miserable as that poor dog of Maxy's. I've been so utterly horrified over that new avatar I haven't known how to speak to Maxy anymore.

Anyway....The CNN highlights were not anything to get distraught over as they were brief. The first piece was fed so far back from the stage that I couldn't figure out what song they were playing until the very last minute...it was TDice. Later, they had close up footage of the opener, Start Me Up which was great and only lasted seconds....rest easy, you didn't really miss anything much on CNN.

07-31-03 01:37 PM
gypsy Thank you, Martha!
Yeah, the dog pic is disturbing.
07-31-03 04:16 PM
Joey I thought I just saw Nanky !
07-31-03 04:24 PM
Joey " Thank you, Martha!
Yeah, the dog pic is disturbing. "

Come To Joey .......................

Wait ..............Oh my God !!!! Poem alert !

Go NOW :

Surrounded by people ,
A real heavy crowd ;
But inside I still feel lonely now ..........

Should I get away ,
From the high heels so proud ;
Is there something different life can show me now .

First chance - I blew it, I better start it all again
Second chance - Ooh, I knew it wouldn't be as easy as they said
Third chance - I'm cut up, life's like a razor's edge
Fourth chance - Ooh, I'm all shut up and I'm standing on the ledge

I'm not a loser ,
But did I really win?
Can I afford to go through it all again?

-- Thank You

The Joey ( Providing Quality posts like this and many others like it on a continuous basis since 1999 .............and you ???? )

08-01-03 11:40 AM
Martha Joey, has Bob Dylan ever stole lines from you????
08-01-03 11:42 AM
gypsy Martha, I never thought of that...but now that you mention it, I would bet my life savings that Bob has ripped Joey off.
08-01-03 12:07 PM
Joey " I would bet my life savings that Bob has ripped Joey off. "

Everybody steals from the Joey .
08-01-03 03:14 PM
gypsy Well, now that I think about it...the Traveling Wilburys...it's all Joey. Dylan replaced Jeff Lynne's lyrics with Joey's. It's so obvious.
08-01-03 03:38 PM
Joey " Well, now that I think about it...the Traveling Wilburys...it's all Joey. Dylan replaced Jeff Lynne's lyrics with Joey's. It's so obvious. "

I would like to clutch you to my bosom this evening and softly , gently and sweetly stroke your young , moist , sweaty , glistening Gypsy forehead ( with eyes looking up at me longingly and all Bambi-like ) and just say " Thanks " for being so smart .

You make complete my Stonesworld .

" Hit Me Ronnie "

Jacky !