ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: My phone conversation with Bobby Keys Return to archive
August 4th, 2005 08:26 PM
Riffhard So a good friend of mine is in Toronto all this week on a bussiness trip. It just so happens that he is staying at the Four Seasons. As luck would have it,that is the same hotel that Bobby,Bernard,Lisa,and Blondie are in. There are some rumours that Keith and Charlie may be there as well,but my buddy has seen hide nor hair of them. He has seen all the others mentioned though,and has shared an elevator with Lisa on two occassions in the past couple of days.

So my friend calls me and tells me that last night he was in the lounge when Bobby sideled up to the bar and sits right next to him! My friend,Mike,immediatly introduces himself as a major Stones' fan,and proceeds to get all kinds of great anecdotes from Bobby about Stones' history as seen through his eyes! Cool,huh?!

So this morning Mike is telling me all about this meeting with Mr. Keys,and he is obviously pretty stoked about the whole event. All of the sudden he says in hushed whisper,"Oh shit there he is again! Hey Bobby! How ya doin'?" I then hear Bobby say,"Hey Mike nice talkin' with you last night. Maybe I'l see you again tonight. On my way to rehersal." Mike says hey Bobby can you say hello to a friend of mine in Jersey? His name is Steve." All of the sudden a thick Texas accent is in my ear,"Hey Steve! We'll see you on tour my friend!"

A pretty cool experience to be sure,and it really got that whole tingle,tingle,tingle going for me!

Thought I'd share that with the rest of the class.

Riffhard
August 4th, 2005 08:35 PM
Nellcote Bobby enjoys the Four Seasons life!
Met him in his jogging sweats @ Boston Four Seasons Jan '03.
Real genuine guy, easy to talk to, he's the real deal.
Said he was late getting to the gig because he had the flu, and that he was not jogging.
Sat right down at the couch to talk to him.
God, he goes back to the 60's with the band...

Great story, thanks for sharing Riff!
August 4th, 2005 08:39 PM
mac_daddy 2 great stories.

thanks.
August 4th, 2005 09:43 PM
pdog EXCE- A - FUCKING - LENT !!!
August 4th, 2005 09:45 PM
glencar Timing is everything! Great story!
August 4th, 2005 09:46 PM
corgi37 He just looks like a nice guy, doesnt he?
August 4th, 2005 10:32 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Bobby enjoys the Four Seasons life!

Yes, when there's mayonnaise and coca-cola to score in a nearby shop. At least, he did in Paris last time...

Good for you Riffhard, very cool! Must have made your day!

[Edited by Angiegirl]
August 4th, 2005 10:45 PM
Mr Jimmy Great story!

Tell your friend to look for Charlie because he's definitely staying at the Four Seasons... he signed for a few people last week when he returned from rehearsals. Keith is staying at a house on the Bridle Path near where Prince (former artist guy) lives. Keith has barbecues every Sunday and the whole entourage is invited over.
[Edited by Mr Jimmy]
August 5th, 2005 01:24 AM
Child of the Moon Wow! Excellent to know, Riff! Bobby's always struck me as very cool, right down to his '72 comment that "TV's boring, anyway," shortly before he and Keith threw the damn thing over the balcony.
August 5th, 2005 06:25 AM
Monkey Woman Way cool! This building up to the tour is even more exciting than last time... God, I can't believe they're beginning in less than three weeks...
August 5th, 2005 06:39 AM
Poplar
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
This building up to the tour is even more exciting than last time...

I was just thinking the same thing. Hell yeah, kids!
August 5th, 2005 08:17 AM
gimmekeef Start Us Up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)