ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Santana Rocks Hiroshima Return to archive
August 3rd, 2005 05:15 PM
Ten Thousand Motels SANTANA ROCKS HIROSHIMA

Veteran guitarist CARLOS SANTANA helped mark the 60th anniversary of the world's first atomic bomb attack by headlining the Emissaries For Peace concert in Hiroshima, Japan yesterday (02AUG05).

The rock spectacular was part of a giant festival being held in honour of the 200,000 people killed by the blast during World War II.

Santana, who rocked the city alongside jazz icons HERBIE HANCOCK and WAYNE SHORTER, told the excited crowds he was on a "mission to ignite peace".

He continued, "It is an honour to be here and to be of service with our music. We want to give birth to a world with peace in our lifetime."

A week previously, the groovy threesome appeared onstage in Nagasaki, which was targetted with the same device just three days after Hiroshima was attacked in 1945.

03/08/2005 13:57

August 3rd, 2005 06:24 PM
glencar I hear the show was a real bomb!
August 3rd, 2005 06:26 PM
MrPleasant LOL!!
August 4th, 2005 05:47 AM
Jumping Jack Funny joke, but I saw Santana a June and he still does a great show!!!
August 4th, 2005 07:23 AM
TooTough

Neue Seite 1

Glencar, you are such an asshole!

Proud of this?

August 4th, 2005 08:13 AM
Maxlugar Jeff Beck just played there too.

Jeff Beck rules!
August 4th, 2005 08:35 AM
telecaster "being held in honour of the 200,000 people killed by the blast during World War II."

Holy shit

When is Santana having a concert for the families of the Marines & Navy that liberated Tarawa, Iwo Jima, Okinawa, Guadalcanal, Chi Chi Jima, Korea, etc?

Did I miss the "concert" for the victims of Pearl Harbor, Midway, Coral Sea? When was that? Did Santana play his SG or a Les Paul????

Was it good show? Anyone have the DVD?

200,000? Now the libs have doubled the number!

Of course they would be happier if we killed 100,000 per raid as we did on a daily basis like we did before we dropped the big one and big two

Is Santana doing a show for the 1 million plus Asians killed by the Japs in WWII?

That Santana, he is one sharp cookie

August 4th, 2005 09:22 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
glencar wrote:
I hear the show was a real bomb!

OK, that's awful but funny. I admit a chuckle when I read that.

Much better than tele bitching about Carlos Santana having made no concert for the victims of Pearl Harbor or the survivors of Iwo Jima...
Hey, Mr telecaster, maybe the reason he made no concert for them is because he wasn't born yet! And if you think the American victims and veterans of the Pacific war and their families had to wait 60 years to be given recognition, honors, relief concerts and what not, then think again...

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
August 4th, 2005 01:24 PM
glencar
quote:
TooTough wrote:

Neue Seite 1

Proud of this?

No, dipshit, but I'm always proud that my country stands for freedom & democracy around the world. There's no one who doesn't feel bad for the A-bomb victims but there would have been several hundred thousand more deaths if HST hadn't done it. BTW Sometimes a joke is a joke is a joke. Sense of humor, get one!
August 4th, 2005 01:27 PM
glencar MW, what would be the problem with doing a concert for the victims of those other events? Why not one for the 6 million jews gassed? The 5 million others gassed? The 20 million Russians starved & murdered? The gulag folks? Santana wasn't around for most of that stuff nor was he alive for Nagasaki/Hiroshima. Terrible things have happened across the centuries. It'd be nice if Santana was a bit more forthcoming with his concerteering for humanity.
August 4th, 2005 01:41 PM
telecaster
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:

Much better than tele bitching about Carlos Santana having made no concert for the victims of Pearl Harbor or the survivors of Iwo Jima...
Hey, Mr telecaster, maybe the reason he made no concert for them is because he wasn't born yet! If you think the American victims and veterans of the Pacific war and their families had to wait 60 years to be given recognition, honors, relief concerts and what not, you're dumber than two thick planks.

Monkey Women will you please send me a photo of yourself and sign it?

Thanks

I want to show people 20 years from now I knew the dumbest person who stated the dumbest post on the entire history of the Internet

Santana was born in 1947. Years after WWII

If I am dumber than "two thick planks" you are a fucking forest

Where are you from BTW, let me check your ......

Oh, I see....that explains it all....sorry
August 4th, 2005 01:53 PM
Joey
quote:
TooTough wrote:

Neue Seite 1

Proud of this?

DAMN STRAIGHT !!!!

Japan took the war to us ...........................

.......so it was our duty to take the war to THEM !!!!!

Joey " Harrykins " Truman
August 4th, 2005 03:33 PM
glencar Once again, Joey proves that blind squirrel theory!
August 4th, 2005 03:59 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Once again, Joey proves that blind squirrel theory!

************** BLANK FRIGGIN STARE ***********

You make Joey say , ......... " Huh ?!?! "

{{{{{{{{ **** WTF ?!?! ***** }}}}}}}}}

Kins !
August 4th, 2005 05:14 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Monkey Women will you please send me a photo of yourself and sign it?

Thanks

No, thanks. You'd be too happy.

quote:
I want to show people 20 years from now I knew the dumbest person who stated the dumbest post on the entire history of the Internet

Wow! You're flattering me, that's impressive!

quote:
Santana was born in 1947. Years after WWII

Gee, I didn't guess that!
And you didn't read my post (just browsed for flame fuel as usual) but I did write in it that Santana "wasn't born yet" in 1945. That was my whole point. So next time you want to post a scathing answer, read it whole. Or don't post.

quote:
If I am dumber than "two thick planks" you are a fucking forest

Fine, I edited my post to change that because in second (and more sober) thought, that insult was ungracious and unnecessary. My point is still the same: you attacked Santana's concet from a narrow, chauvinistic political viewpoint.

quote:
Where are you from BTW, let me check your ......

You're a poor comedian. You know perfectly where I'm from. go on, just say it, that'll be one more racist insult to your name.

quote:
Oh, I see....that explains it all....sorry

Yes, you should apologize. To all non-Americans who are tired of manic propaganda on an international message board. Not even a political message board, even!
August 4th, 2005 05:17 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
glencar wrote:
MW, what would be the problem with doing a concert for the victims of those other events? Why not one for the 6 million jews gassed? The 5 million others gassed? The 20 million Russians starved & murdered? The gulag folks? Santana wasn't around for most of that stuff nor was he alive for Nagasaki/Hiroshima. Terrible things have happened across the centuries. It'd be nice if Santana was a bit more forthcoming with his concerteering for humanity.

No offense, Glencar, but why answer my post if you don't read it first? I didn't say anybody shouldn't do a concert for the victims of the Japanese during WWII, or for the victims of anybody, for that matter. What you just wrote is a misrepresentation of what I said.
August 4th, 2005 07:11 PM
glencar MW, I see I was a bit too fast with my criticism of you. My criticism of Santana stands although it's not meant to be scathing. It'd be nice if some of these folks would do benefits that weren't weighed down with PC goo.
August 5th, 2005 06:00 AM
Monkey Woman Thanks for seeing that, glen. Though as it's right now (well, tomorrow) the 60th anniversary of Hiroshima, you can hardly fault people to do remembrance things, as they did earlier in the year for Auschwitz or the capitulation of the Nazis.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)