ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: JAGGER WANTED TO KICK STONES OUT OF HIS HOUSE Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 3rd, 2005 12:07 PM
moy JAGGER WANTED TO KICK STONES OUT OF HIS HOUSE

SIR MICK JAGGER

SIR MICK JAGGER was considering kicking his bandmates out of his house during the making of the forthcoming ROLLING STONES album, until KEITH RICHARDS gently reminded him of the time they recorded in his home.

Jagger allowed the group - also including CHARLIE WATTS and RONNIE WOOD - to tape A BIGGER BANG in his French house, but soon wanted some peace and quiet.

However, guitarist Richards soon pointed out the raucous recording sessions for the classic 1972 double album EXILE ON MAIN ST, which took place in his own French property.

Richards says, "There was a point, I'm sure, where Mick wanted to kick us out.

"But as I said to Mick, 'Listen, once upon a time we cut a record in the south of France in my house, and it's called Exile On Main St, and now it's your turn.'"
03/08/2005 09:37
August 3rd, 2005 12:09 PM
jb Jagger really despises all but Charlie...
August 3rd, 2005 12:21 PM
ListenToTheLion But what to do when Keith drinks all your whisky ?
August 3rd, 2005 12:25 PM
lotsajizz break out the brandy!!
August 3rd, 2005 12:27 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Jagger really despises all but Charlie...

I wonder what Charlie thinks of Mick ?!?!

I wonder ....................?!?!

I .......................................

********* END TRANSMISSION **************
August 3rd, 2005 12:28 PM
Monkey Woman Easy answer: "You're my fucking singer!"
August 3rd, 2005 12:38 PM
jb
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Easy answer: "You're my fucking singer!"

MIck has so lost touch with what we Stones fans like, that he would release a unmitigated disater like SOL then pull something out of the vaults just to get a little exciting going for the tour.....this is almost as bad as Rod "jism sucking" Steward singing American Standards.
August 3rd, 2005 01:17 PM
Monkey Woman Granted, Mick's wine and liquor vault must be something and it would have been a hard job to keep Keef away from it!
August 3rd, 2005 02:35 PM
glencar Joshy, is Streets Of Love that bad???
August 3rd, 2005 02:37 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, is Streets Of Love that bad???

Yes Blue..do not listen to it...Ihave not heard one other song off the album as it sounds dreadful. Do you want to spilt 2 seats for Boston at around 2k a pop? I can't get a good single >>>>>>>>>>>
August 3rd, 2005 02:39 PM
glencar Joshy, I don't think I'll do Boston. $2K? Are they front row center?
August 3rd, 2005 02:41 PM
jb Pretty close ...but not dead center...
August 3rd, 2005 02:46 PM
glencar I'll think about it. First show or second?
August 3rd, 2005 02:48 PM
jb First
August 3rd, 2005 02:52 PM
glencar Keep me posted. Let's try to jew them down. $2K is mucho dinero.
August 3rd, 2005 03:00 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Keep me posted. Let's try to jew them down. $2K is mucho dinero.

Omaha will be $175.00 Dead Center .

August 3rd, 2005 03:03 PM
FPM C10
quote:
glencar wrote:

I would try to presbyterian them down if I was you.
August 3rd, 2005 03:07 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:

You're funny!!!!
August 3rd, 2005 03:18 PM
Irresistible-Lady Mick became very old..if he really want some peace..
August 3rd, 2005 03:28 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

You're funny!!!!

LOL Thanks for having a sense of humor! $2K is fine. Where are you staying?
August 3rd, 2005 03:32 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:

LOL Thanks for having a sense of humor! $2K is fine. Where are you staying?

I have made no arrangements as of yet...I will probably go for the Ritz at 1.4 miles from fenway...I have AA flight direct from Miami...but really need to see if this ticket thing can be worked out....I was offered a single in A2. row 1 for 1500....off to the side......I am asking Pug for help.

If you have a local broker that can do better, contact and we can each charge our tickets seperately to avoid any problems.
[Edited by jb]
August 3rd, 2005 03:47 PM
glencar The only local broker I know does stocks. PM me if you find any good deals. Perhaps that ticket selling page at shidoooooobe?
August 3rd, 2005 03:49 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
jb wrote:
I have made no arrangements as of yet...I will probably go for the Ritz at 1.4 miles from fenway...I have AA flight direct from Miami...but really need to see if this ticket thing can be worked out....I was offered a single in A2. row 1 for 1500....off to the side......I am asking Pug for help.

If you have a local broker that can do better, contact and we can each charge our tickets seperately to avoid any problems.
[Edited by jb]

If I may give you two an advice. Don't go. The tour is a bust. This all may end with a big hangover. Keith balding, only warhorses, all the footmen on stage, no obscure songs, streets of love, an half empty stadium, Ron Wood playing the clown and hardly hitting a note. Must I go further?
August 3rd, 2005 03:49 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
The only local broker I know does stocks. PM me if you find any good deals. Perhaps that ticket selling page at shidoooooobe?

I will check it out.....but I doubt they have high end tickets. For me, it's the best, or I don't go.
August 3rd, 2005 03:51 PM
glencar Joshy, you have to promise that if I do go with you, you will enjoy the show. No MT whining & all that other stuff that the Lion lists above!
August 3rd, 2005 03:53 PM
ListenToTheLion Don't say I haven't warned you!
August 3rd, 2005 03:54 PM
glencar Nigger please! I'm well aware of Joshy's ytials & tribulations. It's why I love him.
August 3rd, 2005 03:54 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, you have to promise that if I do go with you, you will enjoy the show. No MT whining & all that other stuff that the Lion lists above!

I think I can do that....but I need to move fast as I need ticket in hand before I make travel plans(another 2k).
August 3rd, 2005 03:57 PM
glencar Keep me posted. This could be fun!
August 3rd, 2005 03:57 PM
ListenToTheLion Have much fun!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)