ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Concert For Bangladesh/Tribute to the King Return to archive
August 3rd, 2005 08:32 AM
justinkurian Some more new products just in time for the holidays...

Concert For Bangladesh CD & DVD:

http://www.concertforbangladesh.com/

Tribute to the King, with Scotty Moore and Friends DVD:

http://www.ericclaptonportal.com/news/2005/07/tribute-to-the-king-scotty-moore-eric-clapton.html
August 3rd, 2005 09:20 AM
gimmekeef Should be great holiday gifts!...Bangladesh?..hmmmmm...wonder how they're doing over there after all that attention and help?.....yeah...
August 3rd, 2005 10:12 AM
FPM C10 I'm going to have to get this. I remember going to see the movie in the theater when it was released - I think it was the first film of Bob Dylan I ever saw. An excellent performance. I remember reading that George asked Bob if he would sing "Blowin' in the Wind" and "A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall" and he said "Um...tell me, George, will you be playing 'I Wanna Hold Your Hand' and 'She Loves You'?" Yet he showed up and, like a trooper, did incredible versions of both of those songs.

The extras sound GREAT! I can't believe that someone sat on out-takes from this historic get-together for 34 years!

[Edited by FPM C10]
August 3rd, 2005 11:33 PM
Bruno Stone Watch them performing "Beware Of Darkness". Incredible.

And there`s a great version to J.J Flash.

And the great That`s The Way God Planned It by Billy Preston.
August 4th, 2005 03:31 AM
albert I got the Bangladesh concert on DVD.
Like FPM I saw it in the theatre when it as just released. Als bought the 3 box LP set those days in a paper box with a nice photo album to go with it.
So now it's a very nice souvenir.
Amazing to see the simplicity of lightning and sound equipment. Almost amateur like,....but sure good music of a lot musicians on stage.

Stones related: an energetic performance of Billy Preston'That's the way God planned it
Leon Russel performing a good but different version of Jumping Jack Flash.

gr,
Albert
Holland
August 4th, 2005 08:45 AM
gimmekeef Is that the Leon Russell version of JJF thats great until that gal starts whining her head off and screaming to ruin the ending???
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)