ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Metallica to open in San Francisco Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 3rd, 2005 12:02 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:

The UC show is still open........................

No it isn't, try ticketmaster
August 3rd, 2005 12:03 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Actually Saint they should have the Black Crows open

That would be a hell of a show

Maybe for Chicago to sell out UC show.........they are simply the best live band perfoming today..........Rich Robinsonis a MT like figure to me....
August 3rd, 2005 12:18 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

August 3rd, 2005 12:21 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Come on..you know what they do..a sell out, then a post sale sell=out, then tickets open up.....The UC show has sold well..around 18-19, but not sold out.
August 3rd, 2005 12:26 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Rumors say the Stones would perform "Streets of Love" with Metallica...

LOL, now THAT would be a world-shocking moment I'll bet!!
August 3rd, 2005 12:29 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Actually Saint they should have the Black Crows open

That would be a hell of a show

The Black Crowes did open for the Stones already, Wembley Stadium July 1995. I was there. It started to rain quite heavily and the Crowes had to stop playing after a mere 30 minutes because their equipment wasn't up to playing in the rain like the Stones' stuff is (??!!!), is what we were told...
They sounded like crap BTW in such a large stadium, songs totally didn't have the impact they normally have in a club. More so than with the Stones.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
Saint Sway
quote:
telecaster wrote:

After having Prince, ZZ Top & Van Halen open for them, I am sure The Stones know what they are doing

but those bands you mentioned are pretty tame live. Mettallica gets fans pretty rabid. I suspect we are in for another AC/DC dibacle (sp?)

you are right that The Black Crowes should open for the Stones!

Every fucking show!

its a BRILLIANT IDEA cuz then they could have the Crowes playing in the wings covering for the Stones!!!! This way, when Keef plays the intro to CYHMK it'll sound like Keith Richards playing it and not like Melissa Ethridge. And all those times when Ronnie is acting the fool and waving to the crowd, there will be a soaring Mick Taylor-esque solo in its place.

great, great idea!!!
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

LOL, now THAT would be a world-shocking moment I'll bet!!

HELEN REDDY lyrics - "Angie Baby"

You live your life in the songs you hear
On the rock and roll radio
And when a young girl doesn't have any friends
That's a really nice place to go
Folks hoping you'd turn out cool
But they had to take you outta school
You're a little touched you know, Angie Baby

Lovers appear in your room each night
And they whirl you across the floor
But they always seem to fade away
When your daddy taps on your door
Angie girl, are you all right
Tell the radio good-night
All alone once more, Angie Baby

Angie Baby, you're a special lady
Living in a world of make-believe
Well, maybe

Stopping at her house is a neighbor boy
With evil on his mind
'Cause he's been peeking in Angie's room
At night through her window blind
I see your folks have gone away
Would you dance with me today
I'll show you how to have a good time, Angie Baby

When he walks in her room,
He feels confused like he's walked into a play
And the music's so loud it spins him around
'Til his soul has lost its way
And as she turns the volume down
He's getting smaller with the sound
It seems to pull him off the ground
Toward the radio he's bound never to be found

The headlines read that a boy disappeared
and everyone thinks he died
'Cept a crazy girl with a secret lover
Who keeps her satisfied
It's so nice to be insane
No one asks you to explain
Radio by your side, Angie Baby

Angie Baby, you're a special lady
Living in a world of make-believe
Well, maybe
Well, maybe

August 3rd, 2005 12:31 PM
Angiegirl Gee, thanks Josh!
August 3rd, 2005 12:31 PM
jb
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Gee, thanks Josh!

"Well maybe"
August 3rd, 2005 01:22 PM
monkey_man Metallica playing in their hometown. . .I think the 2nd SBC show in SF will finally sell out. I'm actually looking forward to going to these shows now.
August 3rd, 2005 01:26 PM
jb
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
Metallica playing in their hometown. . .I think the 2nd SBC show in SF will finally sell out. I'm actually looking forward to going to these shows now.

YOu think so? They need to move around 25k seats!!!
August 3rd, 2005 01:31 PM
monkey_man
quote:
jb wrote:
YOu think so? They need to move around 25k seats!!!

Metallica has a huge fan base around here. I won't go out of my way to see Metallica but they do put on a hell of a show. Their fans are rabid! Who knows if they will pony up $450 for a ticket?
August 3rd, 2005 02:28 PM
Phog Shit, I think this is a pretty cool idea. The Stones will be just fine with Metallica as openers. Wish I were going to these shows.
August 3rd, 2005 03:10 PM
Gimme Shelter From Metallica's Official Web Site:

After taking three weeks off (!?) we thought it might be fun to play a few small intimate gigs (Kimo's, anyone??) so we called up our close personal friends, the Rolling Stones, to see what they were up to . . . turns out that they are doing a stadium tour of North America!

Nah - seriously . . . last week we were honored to receive an invitation from the Stones to share the stage with them in our home town. After having the thrill of playing with some of our personal heroes such as AC/DC, Deep Purple, Iron Maiden and Ozzy, how could we say "no" to the quintessential rock band, who are in some way responsible for all of this?

These two shows are about nothing other than having fun and playing music . . . nothing to sell, nothing to promote, nothing to talk about . . . no fuckin' agenda at all. Simply put, this is the reason we started a band 25 or so years ago, and we are psyched and appreciative of this awesome opportunity to get cracking again...

Tickets for November 13th are already sold out, but tickets are still available for the November 15th show. (click here for tickets). If you are a member of The Metallica Club, check the Metclub.com website to find out how you can purchase a special allocation of tickets, selected just for Clubbers!

Here's the full press release for the rest of the masses:

METALLICA TO SPECIAL GUEST FOR THE ROLLING STONES IN SAN FRANCISCO ON NOVEMBER 13TH AND 15TH AT SBC PARK
NEW YORK, NY - (August 2nd, 2005)

Metallica will be the special guest for the Rolling Stones as part of their "A Bigger Bang" World tour at SBC Park in San Francisco on November 13th and 15th. An additional opening act will be announced shortly with times for both concerts being moved up an hour to 6pm PST. Metallica joins a diverse list of top opening acts, including the Black Eyed Peas, Maroon 5, Pearl Jam, John Mayer Trio, Les Trois Accords, The Tragically Hip, Our Lady Peace, Trey Anastasio, Joss Stone and Beck.

"Over the course of our career we've been fortunate enough to share the stage with a select few of the bands we grew up on, admired and respected including AC/DC, Deep Purple, Guns N' Roses and Iron Maiden. The only band that we have never played with but have always wanted to is The Rolling Stones," says Metallica's drummer Lars Ulrich.

"Having the opportunity to play with them this November in our hometown of San Francisco is both an honor and a privilege. And it's bound to be a lot of fuckin' fun especially since we haven't special guested since 1992! These shows will enable us to recharge our batteries, both creatively and physically, as we prepare for the next phase of Metallica."

Tickets for The Rolling Stones at SBC Park on November 13th are sold out. Tickets for the November 15th performance are on sale now at BGP.com, Ticketmaster.com and at all Ticketmaster outlets including Tower Records, Wherehouse Music, Ritmo Latino, select Save Mart and select FYE stores, and Tix Bay Area in Union Square. To charge tickets by phone, call (415) 421-TIXS, (408) 998-TIXS, (510) 444-TIXS, (209) 485-TIXS or (707) 528-TIXS.

The U.S. leg of the "A Bigger Bang" World Tour is presented by Ameriquest Mortgage Company. Rolling Stones World tour 2005/2006 will be presented by Concert Productions International and produced by WPC Piecemeal Inc.

August 3rd, 2005 03:39 PM
pdog Is there anything Josh is capable of enjoying?
August 3rd, 2005 03:40 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
Is there anything Josh is capable of enjoying?

Yes .... Sweaters

August 3rd, 2005 03:43 PM
jb Has anybody seen my old friend baby steelie?
August 3rd, 2005 03:43 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

Yes .... Sweaters

Joey, Asheville was wild!!!
August 3rd, 2005 03:48 PM
pdog Lame posting time!
August 3rd, 2005 03:49 PM
glencar Who's opening MSG in Sept?
August 3rd, 2005 03:55 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Who's opening MSG in Sept?

Fuck I don't know! Since this show is selling well it might be George Michael, Timberlake or Josh.
I think it will be something cool, but I don't really care. I'm throwing water balloons off the Hotel Penn for openers!
August 3rd, 2005 03:56 PM
glencar Just watch me when I exit the train barn across the street.
August 3rd, 2005 04:12 PM
christijanus From RS.com

08.03.05 Metallica To Special Guest For The Rolling Stones
November 13th and 15th at SBC Park
NEW YORK, NY -- Metallica will be the special guest for the Rolling Stones as part of their "A Bigger Bang" World tour at SBC Park in San Francisco on November 13th and 15th. An additional opening act will be announced shortly with times for both concerts being moved up an hour to 6pm PST. Metallica joins a diverse list of top opening acts, including the Black Eyed Peas, Maroon 5, Pearl Jam, John Mayer Trio, Les Trois Accords, The Tragically Hip, Our Lady Peace, Trey Anastasio, Joss Stone and Beck.

"Over the course of our career we've been fortunate enough to share the stage with a select few of the bands we grew up on, admired and respected including AC/DC, Deep Purple, Guns N' Roses and Iron Maiden. The only band that we have never played with but have always wanted to is The Rolling Stones," says Metallica's drummer Lars Ulrich.

"Having the opportunity to play with them this November in our hometown of San Francisco is both an honor and a privilege. And it's bound to be a lot of fuckin' fun especially since we haven't special guested since 1992! These shows will enable us to recharge our batteries, both creatively and physically, as we prepare for the next phase of Metallica."

Tickets for The Rolling Stones at SBC Park on November 13th are sold out!

Tickets for the November 15th performance are onsale now at BGP.com, Ticketmaster.com and at all Ticketmaster outlets including Tower Records, Wherehouse Music, Ritmo Latino, select Save Mart and select FYE stores, and Tix Bay Area in Union Square. To charge tickets by phone, call (415) 421-TIXS, (408) 998-TIXS, (510) 444-TIXS, (209) 485-TIXS or (707) 528-TIXS.

The U.S. leg of the "A Bigger Bang" World Tour is presented by Ameriquest Mortgage Company. Rolling Stones World tour 2005/2006 is presented by Concert Productions International, The Next Adventure and produced by WPC Piecemeal Inc.
August 3rd, 2005 04:16 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Just watch me when I exit the train barn across the street.

Just don't wear any shirts that resemble targets.
You coming up? We'll probably miss the opener!
August 3rd, 2005 04:25 PM
parmeda
quote:
pdog wrote:
Is there anything Josh is capable of enjoying?

Hot Asians have always been well favored in his Top 10...
August 3rd, 2005 04:36 PM
Poplar
quote:
jb wrote:
Come on..you know what they do..a sell out, then a post sale sell=out, then tickets open up...

jb would have us all believe Keith has his knuckles injected with collagen to simulate arthritic swelling, all in a ruse to convince the world he actually plays guitar.
August 3rd, 2005 06:39 PM
Ten Thousand Motels The best of both worlds, a local band with a lot of drawing power to sell tickets and 0 chance of being upstaged. The crowd will be SO ready for The Stones.
August 3rd, 2005 07:44 PM
Soldatti A push up tickets idea, but the same happened with AC/DC and worked very well.
August 3rd, 2005 07:53 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
A push up tickets idea, but the same happened with AC/DC and worked very well.

Metallica and AC/DC should in no way be compared to each other. Two different leagues....Little League and the Pro's, the possiblity existed that AC/DC could upstage the Stones. No such possibilty exists with Metallica. But let 'em buy the tickets.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)