ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Metallica to open in San Francisco Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 2nd, 2005 09:48 PM
Soldatti METALLICA To Open For THE ROLLING STONES In San Francisco - Aug. 2, 2005

METALLICA will be the special guest for THE ROLLING STONES as part of their "A Bigger Bang" world tour at SBC Park in San Francisco on November 13 and November 15. An additional opening act will be announced shortly with times for both concerts being moved up an hour to 6:00 p.m. PST. METALLICA joins a diverse list of top opening acts, including THE BLACK EYED PEAS, MAROON 5, PEARL JAM, JOHN MAYER TRIO, LES TROIS ACCORDS, THE TRAGICALLY HIP, OUR LADY PEACE, TREY ANASTASIO, JOSS STONE and BECK.

"Over the course of our career we've been fortunate enough to share the stage with a select few of the bands we grew up on, admired and respected including AC/DC, DEEP PURPLE, GUNS N' ROSES and IRON MAIDEN. The only band that we have never played with but have always wanted to is THE ROLLING STONES," says METALLICA drummer Lars Ulrich.

"Having the opportunity to play with them this November in our hometown of San Francisco is both an honor and a privilege. And it's bound to be a lot of fuckin' fun especially since we haven't special guested since 1992! These shows will enable us to recharge our batteries, both creatively and physically, as we prepare for the next phase of METALLICA."

Tickets for THE ROLLING STONES at SBC Park on November 13 are sold out. Tickets for the November 15 performance are on sale now at BGP.com, Ticketmaster.com and at all Ticketmaster outlets including Tower Records, Wherehouse Music, Ritmo Latino, select Save Mart and select FYE stores, and Tix Bay Area in Union Square. To charge tickets by phone, call (415) 421-TIXS, (408) 998-TIXS, (510) 444-TIXS, (209) 485-TIXS or (707) 528-TIXS.

The U.S. leg of the "A Bigger Bang" world tour is presented by Ameriquest Mortgage Company. ROLLING STONES' world tour 2005/2006 will be presented by Concert Productions International and produced by WPC Piecemeal Inc.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=40018
August 2nd, 2005 09:51 PM
Angiegirl Oh wow, wish I could be there!! Metallica, I wish we would get some great opening bands like them. Sigh.

At least Sheryl Crow stops singing, I suppose I get lucky with that.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
August 2nd, 2005 09:54 PM
Poplar
i'm not a Metalica fan - but i am going to the sunday show.
this strikes me as big news out here.

August 3rd, 2005 12:31 AM
pdog
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Oh wow, wish I could be there!! Metallica, I wish we would get some great opening bands like them. Sigh.

At least Sheryl Crow stops singing, I suppose I get lucky with that.

[Edited by Angiegirl]

You won't see Mick and James riding on each other during a duet...
August 3rd, 2005 12:35 AM
Madafaka Wow! That could be an excellent concert!
August 3rd, 2005 12:41 AM
Stonesmillenium2001 This is the best bill on the tour.
August 3rd, 2005 12:54 AM
parmeda I can only hope that Hetfield ties Lars to a pole and bitch-slaps him a dozen times before they hit the stage forcing him to take it down a notch...

My god this man is so arrogant!
I'd like this band even more if it weren't for Lars' whining.

He sickens me.

August 3rd, 2005 12:55 AM
Gimme Shelter WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe it!!! I'm going to both SF shows!!!!
This is awesome!!!! I've seen Metallica five times and they rock!!! What a combination!!!! The Stones & Metallica!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 3rd, 2005 01:01 AM
beer I hopE SLAYER opens the show i'm goin to.. On and on south of heaven!!!

-
August 3rd, 2005 01:32 AM
gorda OH MY GOD! THIS IS JUST TOO COOL!

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!

MY BROTHER IS GOING TO PISS HIS PANTS WHEN I TELL HIM!

YES!

August 3rd, 2005 01:33 AM
corgi37 Lucky its sold out, or maybe 1 of 2 things could have happened.

1. All the Metallica fans walk out once they have finished playing.

2. Or, all the oldie Stones fans hang around the beer stalls, waiting for Metallica to finish.

Hope this doesnt turn out like Ac/Dc preceding the Stones at that Sars show.
August 3rd, 2005 01:36 AM
gorda
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Lucky its sold out, or maybe 1 of 2 things could have happened.

1. All the Metallica fans walk out once they have finished playing.

2. Or, all the oldie Stones fans hang around the beer stalls, waiting for Metallica to finish.

Hope this doesnt turn out like Ac/Dc preceding the Stones at that Sars show.

WELL, I WILL ENJOY BOTH SHOWS!

The SARS show was different for many reasons! (I'm too tired to type right now! )
August 3rd, 2005 01:56 AM
gorda IS THIS TRUE? I SEARCHED FOR CONFIRMATION OF THIS AND I HAVE NOT FOUND ANYTHING TO SUBSTANTIATE THIS CLAIM!

Anyways, I am sooooooo tired and sleepy, but I need to know, I want to know, so I can call my brother with the good news!
August 3rd, 2005 02:31 AM
Poplar Try a google news search. I think the San Jose Mercury/News had it late today.

As for the best bill of the tour: I vote Trey & Stones in Virginia. That'll rock.

Hey GimmieShelter, see ya in San Francisco on Sunday night!
I'll be there with bells on!
[Edited by Poplar]
August 3rd, 2005 04:18 AM
Freejack Tough act to follow.

Hopefully it will push the Stones to be on their A-game.
August 3rd, 2005 09:16 AM
gimmekeef Is this a ploy to sell the second show or has it already sold well?...Thought the 2nd show was wide open.Metallica would certainly bring their own legion of fans....Great news for those attending SF shows!!!!
August 3rd, 2005 10:47 AM
jb
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Is this a ploy to sell the second show or has it already sold well?...Thought the 2nd show was wide open.Metallica would certainly bring their own legion of fans....Great news for those attending SF shows!!!!

As I have posted for months , all shows are wide open. SBC2 has only sold b/t 5-10k. It is now a festival show as opposed toa RS concert. Detroit is equally as bad..........they will add some major act there as well if they hope to increase extremely low sales...let me repeat, no show is truly sold out.........................................
August 3rd, 2005 10:53 AM
corgi37 They must be close to cancelling.

See, they should only tour Oz in future.
August 3rd, 2005 10:57 AM
Jumacfly Rumors say the Stones would perform "Streets of Love" with Metallica...
August 3rd, 2005 11:10 AM
jb Again, I ask for all of those who questioned my info to apologize......I trust you now understand how dire some venues are.
August 3rd, 2005 11:16 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Again, I ask for all of those who questioned my info to apologize......I trust you now understand how dire some venues are.

I was also aware of slow sales in several venues, but did not want to be a buzz kill. There were many who attacked jb regarding his reports of ticket sales. It is starting to look like he has been pretty accurate.

I am curious to see the response from those who told jb he was full of it.
August 3rd, 2005 11:26 AM
gimmekeef Well here it is....He says "all shows are wide open".....thats bs ...Tell that to folks in Atlanta etc...Plus why is it so important to give a shit about jb anyway?....Any thread he touches turns to shit with his doomsday crap..So pug..no personal disrespect ...but theres one take anyway!
August 3rd, 2005 11:33 AM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Well here it is....He says "all shows are wide open".....thats bs ...Tell that to folks in Atlanta etc...Plus why is it so important to give a shit about jb anyway?....Any thread he touches turns to shit with his doomsday crap..So pug..no personal disrespect ...but theres one take anyway!

everyone is entitled to their opinion, and i certainly am quite charmed to see that you went out of your way to offer no personal disrespect. Many of my posts are not popular with some, and you utilized the forum to express your disagreement in a respectful manner, i commend you!
August 3rd, 2005 11:35 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I was also aware of slow sales in several venues, but did not want to be a buzz kill. There were many who attacked jb regarding his reports of ticket sales. It is starting to look like he has been pretty accurate.

I am curious to see the response from those who told jb he was full of it.

Thank you Pug for the kind words...You were kind in protecting you sources and not stating the obvious facts that most realists understood about ticket sales this tour. I have , sadly, received many angry responses, and even threats(which have been turned over to the DA for the Federal District Court For The Southern District Of Florida)
in the event something "unexpected" should happen to me.
Thanks again Pug as you have proven to be a true friend, where others, have turned there back.
[Edited by jb]
August 3rd, 2005 11:42 AM
voodoopug anytime my friend!
August 3rd, 2005 11:44 AM
Saint Sway the stones either have a huge set of nuts or senility has finally set in

I wouldnt want to be the band that FOLLOWS Metallica.

I hate Metallica. But I gotta admit that they know how to blow the roof off a place. They gotta be one of the toughest acts to follow.
August 3rd, 2005 11:47 AM
jb
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the stones either have a huge set of nuts or senility has finally set in

I hate Metallica. But I gotta admit that they know how to blow the roof off a place. They gotta be one of the toughest acts to follow.

Just another humiliation like AC/Dc at SARS..they simply are out of touch with any reasonable approach to this hap-hazardly put together tour....
August 3rd, 2005 11:56 AM
telecaster
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
the stones either have a huge set of nuts or senility has finally set in

After having Prince, ZZ Top & Van Halen open for them, I am sure The Stones know what they are doing

This board needs a Midol the size of a soccer ball
August 3rd, 2005 11:58 AM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

After having Prince, ZZ Top & Van Halen open for them, I am sure The Stones know what they are doing

This board needs a Midol the size of a soccer ball

The UC show is still open........................
August 3rd, 2005 11:59 AM
telecaster Actually Saint they should have the Black Crows open

That would be a hell of a show
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)