ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Matt Clifford Should Get Lost Return to archive
August 2nd, 2005 02:50 PM
The Wick Matt bloody Clifford is the shit bag that overproduces and comes up with all this keyboard garbage that takes over songs like SOL. I wonder how much better the song would have been if he wasn't around. Although, with those lyrics, you are struggling off the bat. It's high time the rest of the band, outside of Jagger, told him to get lost and go play for some tosser like Rob Thomas or Bono. And I'm not even from the "Keith is the Stones hate Jagger crowd." If I remember correctly, good old Cliffy wasn't involved in Wandering Spirit that much, and that was a solid record. Then he came back with a vengeance on Goddess Stuck in a Pile of Crap, and we all know how memorable that was. Instead of yearning for Chuck Leavell to leave, we should all pray that Clifford doesn't join them on tour with his lame keyboards and stays the fuck away from any future records. His favorite record is probably Tubular Bells.
August 3rd, 2005 01:56 AM
corgi37 Tubular Bells? How the fuck can you bag that record?
August 3rd, 2005 05:00 AM
Jumacfly it could be even worse! we could have Jean Michel Jarre on stage!
August 3rd, 2005 10:28 AM
T&A
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Tubular Bells? How the fuck can you bag that record?

Right - a good post until you concluded with that illogical/disconnected association.
August 3rd, 2005 10:40 AM
The Wick Mike Oldfield spawned the whole generation of nauseating keyboard masters that seemed to popup in the eighties, and whose stench still lingers today. Matt Boom Boom Clifford is another multi-instrument playing master of shite. Didn't mean to offend the fans of Tubular Bells, but that kind of stuff gives me the same feeling as all the other keyboard gurus around, albeit not as nauseating as Jean Michel Jarre or even worse, Yanni.
August 3rd, 2005 10:41 AM
M.O.W.A.T.
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
it could be even worse! we could have Jean Michel Jarre on stage!

or Yanni.
August 3rd, 2005 11:09 AM
FPM C10
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Mike Oldfield spawned the whole generation of nauseating keyboard masters that seemed to popup in the eighties, and whose stench still lingers today.

Aren't you forgetting Rick "Where's My Cape" Wakeman?

And Keith "I Invented The Mullet" Emerson?

Keyboards should be one of two things - the nice warm growl of a Hammond B3, or a good pounding piano. Er, I mean "pianner".

On RARE occasions (mostly in 1967), a mellotron.

Other than that, they can throw 'em all in the ocean.

August 3rd, 2005 12:10 PM
texile once again wick.......the gospel has been spoken;
clifford epitomizes jagger's descent into souless oblivion.
August 3rd, 2005 12:15 PM
jb
quote:
texile wrote:
once again wick.......the gospel has been spoken;
clifford epitomizes jagger's descent into souless oblivion.

100% correct...Jagger lost his edge when he made that video with Bowie.
August 3rd, 2005 12:22 PM
The Wick
quote:
jb wrote:

100% correct...Jagger lost his edge when he made that video with Bowie.

It's a tough one, but I would go with the Bette Midler video or State of Shock as the beginning of the descent: both of them were unimaginably horrid. Texile, totally agree on Jack White by the way. He might even have the respect of Richards and Watts from when they opened up because if I remember correctly Richards said that they liked the White Stripes' drummer and he's got the whole country thing going for him.
[Edited by The Wick]
August 3rd, 2005 12:24 PM
jb
quote:
The Wick wrote:

It's a tough one, but I would go with the Bette Midler video or State of Shock as the beginning of the descent: both of them were unimaginably horrid. Texile, totally agree on Jack White by the way. He might even have the respect of Richards and Watts from when they opened up because if I remember correctly Richards said that they liked the White Stripes' drummer.

Thanks for reminding me of those two other dreadful videos...thay, along with Live Aid, and he and Keith's mutual hatred for one another ended a great 20 yr run.....but at least the concerts were good up and until 97.......
August 3rd, 2005 12:25 PM
ListenToTheLion But the bloody limit was his duet with Michael Jackson. A total failure and one of the worst songs EVER recorded. Even worse than Streets of Love!
August 3rd, 2005 12:32 PM
jb
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
But the bloody limit was his duet with Michael Jackson. A total failure and one of the worst songs EVER recorded. Even worse than Streets of Love!

Agreed....although SOL is a close second.
August 3rd, 2005 01:58 PM
texile all of you are mistaken........
did you forget that epic disaster...running out of luck?
the unholy bowie/midler/jackson trinity was SILLY..
but Running out of luck was a calamity of biblical proportions - after that....i would question my faith forever.
August 3rd, 2005 02:17 PM
jb
quote:
texile wrote:
all of you are mistaken........
did you forget that epic disaster...running out of luck?
the unholy bowie/midler/jackson trinity was SILLY..
but Running out of luck was a calamity of biblical proportions - after that....i would question my faith forever.

With the then hot piece of ass (Tommy Chung's daughter)..yes, a real debacle..........Mick became very , very gay(nothing wrong with that mind you) in the 80's.
August 3rd, 2005 05:17 PM
Saint Sway those are some awful songs/videos

but nothing... and I mean NOTHING... nothing was WORSE than "Let's Work"

that was easily the worst song in the HISTORY of songs!!

THE WORST SONG EVER!!

appropriately accompanied by the lamest/gayest video EVER

I might of been able to dismiss it if it was put out by Wham or Hall & Oats - but the fact that it was recorded none other than Mick Fuckin Jagger makes it just criminal!

the song causes me to intantly projectile vomit!

"lets work, be proud, stand tall...."

and then the childrens chorus "la la la la la la la la la"

AGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[Edited by Saint Sway]
[Edited by Saint Sway]
August 3rd, 2005 10:51 PM
texile you win saint....that IS the worst thing in the stones history - it was downright stunning in its cluelessness -
it was so bad, i remember only seeing the video twice on mtv...NObody played that piece of shit. it was embarassing, degrading, insulting, and jagger had no idea WHY......
August 3rd, 2005 10:56 PM
Soldatti The Let's Work video is the funniest thing that I saw in my life. At the same time it was the most embarrassing event in the Stones history.
August 4th, 2005 06:44 AM
Zack I agree Let's Work is the ultimate nadir. I just picked up Primitive Cool in a used bin after not hearing it for decades and I couldn't believe it. I thought even Throwaway was horrid. I never saw the Let's Work video. Like an aerobics class was it?
August 4th, 2005 10:30 AM
jb I remember my local rock station palying it(Lets Work) and the D.J. said "thank god Keith is in the Stones to keep Mick in line".
August 4th, 2005 10:38 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Zack wrote:
I. I never saw the Let's Work video. Like an aerobics class was it?

I think Mick is jogging in the video
August 4th, 2005 11:54 AM
texile yeah, he's running through the streets........
god, it was awful - primitive cool was actually an improvement of she's the boss - nobody bought it...the novlety of a jagger solo album had worn off.
he was never held in esteem agter that, i remember being so demoralized that this great rock icon had become, virtually overnight - a joke, for the most part.
August 4th, 2005 11:58 AM
jb The mid 80's were a bad time for Stones fans...
August 4th, 2005 12:00 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
The mid 80's were a bad time for Stones fans...

....and WHO FANS ( MACCA too -- see : ' Press To Play' , circa 1986 ) .
August 4th, 2005 12:02 PM
nankerphelge Let's Work -- oh my god was that embarrassing.

There was a point in time -- probably late '87 or early '88 where I was kind of glad the boys had hung it up -- the stuff Mick was doing was just horrible. Remember the scenes of Jagger in concert without the Stones in that Steel Wheels documentary? Jeezus that was just so wrong on so many levels!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)