ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New "Uncut" Magazine Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 2nd, 2005 05:15 AM
Gazza

Keith is on the cover of this month's 100th issue of "Uncut" magazine, pictured with Paul McCartney.

Inside is a special feature to commemorate the 100th issue where various music and movie people write articles on the top 100 significant iconic moments in music, film and literature through the years.

At no.24 is Keith's piece on Chuck Berry's "Johnny B. Goode". Roger Daltrey's article on "Satisfaction" is at number 4.

Bob Dylan's "Like a rolling stone" is at #1. There is also a free CD of cover versions of all of the songs on Bob's "Highway 61 Revisited"
[Edited by Gazza]
August 2nd, 2005 05:41 AM
Jumacfly Thanks Gazza..the Stones look tired on the pic above....
this Macca Keith cover....I know some people here who will LOVE it
August 2nd, 2005 06:48 AM
thejuf by special request, ok, here you go love!

[Edited by thejuf]
August 2nd, 2005 07:05 AM
glencar Highly disturbing!
August 2nd, 2005 07:22 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Thanks Gazza..the Stones look tired on the pic above....
this Macca Keith cover....I know some people here who will LOVE it

oops..had a problem with my internet explorer earlier, so couldnt actually view the pic I was copying!
August 2nd, 2005 07:41 AM
luxury1 and Darryl Jones is on the cover of Bass Player magazine for AUgust. Good interview/article with him. He talks about the Stones alot. Seems like an intelligent guy. couple of mentions of this being the farewell tour for the band.........
August 2nd, 2005 07:59 AM
Gazza *gulp*

mentions by him or the interviewer?
August 2nd, 2005 08:11 AM
Mel Belli Did Keith and McCartney pose together or were they spliced?
August 2nd, 2005 08:16 AM
gimmekeef My point too Mel....seems starnge they would appear together....Bet its a cut and paste....
August 2nd, 2005 08:17 AM
Maxlugar [quote]luxury1 wrote:
and Darryl Jones is on the cover of Bass Player magazine for AUgust. Good interview/article with him. He talks about the Stones alot. Seems like an intelligent guy. couple of mentions of this being the farewell tour for the band.........

I was thumbing through that at the news stand the other day. I saw the writer's comment about that being the farewell tour in the first paragraph so I immediately thought it was written by an ametuer. Did Darryl himself say that?
August 2nd, 2005 08:20 AM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Did Keith and McCartney pose together or were they spliced?

together. Seemingly they were holidaying in the same place in the Caribbean a couple of months back (by coincidence, that is)
[Edited by Gazza]
August 2nd, 2005 09:48 AM
Martha Thanks for the heads up Gary! I have to ask my friend in Cleveland to pick it up for me since I still live in the cornfields and it feels like the '40's except I do have satellite TV and a 'puter. No pizza delivery though.

peace out,
Martha
August 2nd, 2005 09:52 AM
Joey [quote]Martha wrote:
" ......... No pizza delivery though. "

OUCH !!!!

Now THAT hurts .

Surscee Joe !

August 2nd, 2005 10:02 AM
corgi37 Man, Keith had a golden opportunity there.

If he still carries his gun, that is.
August 2nd, 2005 10:02 AM
padre Hello Martha. I'll send you the Uncut for the Southern Rock DVD. You still got it?
August 2nd, 2005 04:32 PM
luxury1 It seems the interviewer mentions it being the last tour, twice in the article. What the hell does he know, right?!
August 2nd, 2005 06:07 PM
pdog How is Jb handling all this?
August 2nd, 2005 07:00 PM
glencar
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Man, Keith had a golden opportunity there.

If he still carries his gun, that is.

I won't stop laughing at this until tomorrow...maybe!
August 2nd, 2005 07:04 PM
ListenToTheLion Keith looks like shit
August 3rd, 2005 01:51 AM
corgi37 Stopped laughing, Agent?

hahaha - I WAS pretty proud of my comment.

At least that photo proves 1 thing.

Despite all his wealth, McCartney (like the human dildo, Elton John) just have the worst idea of of hair "style".

Christ, whats his hairdressers qualifications? What edict does he give them?
"Make me look like a bottle top collecting Reverand from Putney".

Really, ya gotta think.
August 3rd, 2005 07:23 AM
LadyJane
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Stopped laughing, Agent?

hahaha - I WAS pretty proud of my comment.

At least that photo proves 1 thing.

Despite all his wealth, McCartney (like the human dildo, Elton John) just have the worst idea of of hair "style".

Christ, whats his hairdressers qualifications? What edict does he give them?
"Make me look like a bottle top collecting Reverand from Putney".

Really, ya gotta think.

Corgi..You KILL me. Between this and the post of Keith's missed opportunity, I'll be giggling all day!!

Macca looks a tad frightened in this pic, no???

LJ.
August 3rd, 2005 11:16 AM
corgi37 He does! He looks petrified. Maybe Keith said: "Just keep still, or i'll clock ya".

"Our drummer is better than yours".

Or "Where'd ya get the jumper? St. Vincent De Paul charity bin?"

Or "My wife has nice leg(s)".

Yes, i am a prick.
August 3rd, 2005 11:22 AM
Nellcote I love the Macca "why am I here" look.
Keith, on the other hand, gains stature with each
reappearance every tour time.
I'm actually thinking the fishing gear looks natural now.
Macca must be quaking in his boots about the
Stones having such a good reception to their
new tracks vs. his utterly forgetable new single.
Macca needs a foil to kick him up the butt, and
get his songs back to some respectability.
Or, just hurry up and go away and deal with the land mine issue with his self absorbed, gold digger wife.
Now, I feel better getting that off my chest.
August 3rd, 2005 11:25 AM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Now, I feel better getting that off my chest.

Come To Joey
August 3rd, 2005 11:29 AM
Nellcote Actually, Joey, YOU should come to Fenway, what are you waiting for?
August 3rd, 2005 11:50 AM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Actually, Joey, YOU should come to Fenway, what are you waiting for?

The Joey does NOT do stadiums ( only arenas )

W- W- W- What ?!?!

www.OmahaMeca.com

Nellcote , the weather in Nebraska during the month of October is simply beautiful .

Come .....................and party with the Stones / Joey this fall .

Kins ! ™
August 3rd, 2005 11:58 AM
Nellcote The horrid misconception is that Fenway is a stadium.
It is an intimate, hallowed shrine, a bandbox if you will.
Only Wrigley is it's close equal.
I'd not call either venue a stadium in the modern sense of the word.
August 3rd, 2005 12:20 PM
Joey
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
The horrid misconception is that Fenway is a stadium.
I'd not call either venue a stadium in the modern sense of the word.

Either way it is susceptible to torrential downpours the night of the gig ( and your young Joey DON'T play THAT game )

|
|
|
|
V

August 3rd, 2005 12:28 PM
Nellcote Praise Be Allah!
August 3rd, 2005 12:49 PM
Monkey Woman **Beware, irony ahead**

The Gospell According To The Rolling Stones:

"In the Beginning, there was the Blues... Then Rock'n'Roll emerged and Bands began growing and multiplying on the surface of the Earth and in the Airwaves and among the Water that run with a little Alcohol in it...

"Then God said "Let the The Rolling Stones be" and The Rolling Stones were and God saw that it was Good. Then he thought he had Done enough for a long time and let Keith Richards have his place and poured himself a Stiff one and sat down near the Stereo set to listen to their almighty Albums.

"Then Mick Jagger said 'What the hell, if God himself is letting us the Run of the Place, we might as well enjoy it!' Then there was much Overpricing of concert Tickets and Wailing and gnashing of Teeth but the base of Fans never really Diminished, quite to the contrary.

"To reward Them at last, the Band sat down in Closed but Luxury quarters and work hard to Please the multitude of Ears. Thus was A Bigger Bang created.

"And here Endth the lesson in Crea... oops, Intelligent Music Design. Next Sunday, bring your wallet to buy the new Bible, we'll show you how the Babylonians had it right after all and Music/Life As We Know It came from Muddy Waters, though there was No fearful Monster who had to be Slaughtered. Except for the Segregation maybe."

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)