ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Just played Back of My Hand on the air Return to archive
August 1st, 2005 09:34 PM
Riffhard Well I teased the hell outta BOMH for the last hour or so on my show,and then I played it about ten minutes ago. The phones went nuts! The vast majority of comments were along the lines of,"You have got to be kidding me! That song fucking rocks!","About time the Stones dug back into their roots! Great tune!","Thanks soooo much for playing that dude! It kicked!"

Ofcourse I also got the couple of idiot phone calls from prepubesent kids who complained that it,get this,"had no balls!" I chalk that response up to sheer idiocy,and the immaturity of some stupid fuckin' kids that think that System of a Down are the greatest band ever. There is no accounting for tastes that much is true,but I still have to hang my head in utter disbelief as to what kids consider good these days. I guess I'm turning into my oldman!

Of the calls I received I'd say 90% were positive,and not only positive,but strongly positive. While I don't think that BOMH is a very commercialy viable song as far as airplay is concerned,it is nice to get such an overwhelmingly positive response from the "average" fan as opposed to us lot.

Oh well,thought I'd pass that along.

Riffhard
August 1st, 2005 09:45 PM
Daethgod go Riffy !

i m back on teh air this arvo
im gonna slip BOMH in as well

Go Stones !

August 1st, 2005 09:48 PM
Soldatti Well done Riffhard.
August 2nd, 2005 08:18 AM
Gazza Well done, Riffy

The Rolling Stones Liberation Front is alive and well
August 2nd, 2005 08:24 AM
gimmekeef Way to go guys!....Forget the Stones were even involved.If you dont like this song for its musical expression,content and playing...not sure you really like blues and rock at all....
August 2nd, 2005 08:53 AM
charlotte "The Rolling Stones Liberation Front is alive and well"

we have received our marching orders...for the next few months the country is ours...then the world in 06...
August 2nd, 2005 09:24 AM
FPM C10

Excellent work, Riffy! It's so great that you're in a position to REALLY spread the word!

Everyone I've played it for at home has LOVED it. Especially after SOL, the reaction has been "THANK GOD!!!"

August 2nd, 2005 10:04 AM
corgi37 I must start listening to K Rock, Daeth. What time u on?
August 2nd, 2005 01:09 PM
Monkey Woman Yeah! Good job, Riffhard and Daethgod! The Stones Nation is on the march!
August 3rd, 2005 11:32 PM
Bitch Yes I heard it, I listen to your station. The WRAT never dissapoints! I always can count on catching a STONES tune, and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Next, how about some ticket give-aways? Wishful thinking?
August 3rd, 2005 11:39 PM
pdog Way to go. Don't worry about the youngsters not getting into it. Shit, I didn't get Exile until I was older, somethings just take time. System Of Down really blows. I made fun of my daughter for liking them, and used your Down Syndrome put down too!
You gonna play Neo Con? That;s your real test...
LOL!
You rock... I'll be in AC next week, does The WRAT carry that far south? I'll be in AC this weekend, actually!
I better pack soon!
[Edited by pdog]
August 3rd, 2005 11:50 PM
Daethgod hey corgs
im on air 4-8pm M-F

95.5 on ya dial

August 4th, 2005 12:06 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Yes I heard it, I listen to your station. The WRAT never dissapoints! I always can count on catching a STONES tune, and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! Next, how about some ticket give-aways? Wishful thinking?

Cool Bitch! I'm glad you caught that. Today I made a "happy accident" on the air concerning the Stones. I was schedualed to play IORR,but,as fate would have it I accidently cued the disk to track 5 instead of track 3 as I should have done. So the Jersy Shore was digging a little "Time Waits For No One" instead of IORR. I can't say that that's a bad thing,ya know? Not a bad thing at all.

Riffhard
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)