ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Weak sales in Buffalo ... for Bruce Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 20th, 2005 11:03 PM
Mel Belli JB -- Could it be that the Stones aren't the only ones who occasionally fail to pack the house?

From Backstreets.com:
7/18, BUFFALO: TOUR DEBUTS, WON'T YOU COME OUT TONIGHT?
We'll be the first to point out that the setlist is not necessarily the story of the show. Except on nights like tonight. It was a sparsely attended show in a seemingly sparsely populated upstate burg: "I've been in Buffalo for two days," Bruce said, "These are the first people I've seen. Where is everybody?" But after some Man in Black upgrades consolidated the crowd mostly to the floor and lower-level sides, those who were there saw Springsteen throttle the setlist within an inch of its life. Opening with "Prove It All Night" on acoustic, a particularly loose Bruce played 14 different songs from the previous concert, leaving only the barest of setlist skeletons. Six tour premieres -- that's a quarter of the show: the "Prove It" opener, which was an audible and a new arrangement; "Sandy" on electric piano (by request); piano versions of "Leap of Faith," "When You're Alone," and "You're Missing" (requested as "Everything is Everything," which Bruce admitted had him racking his brain for a few minutes); and "Darkness on the Edge of Town." Many of the non-premieres were rarities or recent absentees which alone would have been highlights: "State Trooper," "Nebraska," "Maria's Bed," "The Line" (by request), "If I Should Fall Behind," "Does This Bus Stop," and "My Best Was Never Good Enough." So if you were worried that he'd revert to the "standard" set after Europe... be not afraid. Next: Wednesday night in Bridgeport, CT.
-July 18, 2005
July 21st, 2005 06:11 AM
Jumping Jack Where is everyone?

I don't think I am the only person born in Buffalo to leave due to horrendous taxes and weather.
July 21st, 2005 08:03 AM
telecaster Bruce's tour is a bust
July 21st, 2005 08:18 AM
parmeda I don't believe the tour is a bust, tele...but I could almost bet on my life Bruce never plays Buffalo ever again.

Not in this life at least.

That's too bad.
The only good thing that came of it was that they pulled everyone together...if you had a crappy seat, things worked out for ya!
July 21st, 2005 08:23 AM
telecaster
quote:
parmeda wrote:
I don't believe the tour is a bust, tele...but I could almost bet on my life Bruce never plays Buffalo ever again.

Not in this life at least.

That's too bad.
The only good thing that came of it was that they pulled everyone together...if you had a crappy seat, things worked out for ya!

I know it isn't a bust Parmy. I was just imitating a certain poster here from South Florida
July 21st, 2005 08:23 AM
parmeda ...you're sick, lol
July 21st, 2005 10:13 AM
jb Thats why the Stones shall never play that rat-infested city.
I feel bad that LJ has been humiliated.
July 21st, 2005 10:26 AM
Lavendar Okay!!!! I WANTED to go SOOOOOOO bad,:{ but at 100$ bucks a ticket, CHOICES had to be made!!!!!!! BRUCE got a wonderful review and played songs that haven't been played elsewhere! As Pink Floyd wrote "Wish You Were HERE" He has sold out here in Buffalo many times!!!!! I can agree tho, Where are the people???? Dreamin of a SOLO BRUCE! Ahhhhhh WOOOOOOOO DREAMS.............. ; - ;
July 21st, 2005 10:34 AM
Gazza that was an arena show, right?

That type of show simply doesnt work in an arena. The rest of the tour was theatres and sold out in seconds
July 21st, 2005 10:35 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
that was an arena show, right?

That type of show simply doesnt work in an arena. The rest of the tour was theatres and sold out in seconds

Now you feel my humiliation Gazza!!!! Hope your O.K.
July 21st, 2005 10:40 AM
Gazza I dont feel remotely "humiliated" as I dont live vicariously (sp?) through attendance figures and concert grosses, but thank you for your concern!
July 21st, 2005 10:41 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I dont feel remotely "humiliated" as I dont live vicariously (sp?) through attendance figures and concert grosses, but thank you for your concern!

Sadly, I do as far as the Stones are concerned. Are you going to Boston?
July 21st, 2005 10:54 AM
GimmeExile Don't worry about Bruce! Last night he sold out in Connecticut. 10,000 in attendance.
July 21st, 2005 11:01 AM
jb
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Don't worry about Bruce! Last night he sold out in Connecticut. 10,000 in attendance.

he sales for Hartford for the Stones are dreadful..same for Hershey.
July 21st, 2005 11:25 AM
jb Yes Joey, ticket sales are a bust with most venues not selling out and very few 2nd shows added. The Stones will get their guarantees, but sadly, many of us will be humiliated in 1/2 to 3/4 filled venues. I shall attend only sold out shows.
I am very close to going to Boston if security details can be worked out....many people are demanding my presence, but many enemies will be there as well.
July 21st, 2005 11:30 AM
parmeda Then put your money where your mouth is, jb, and get your ass up to Chicago!

Chicago = SOLD OUT
Chicago = NO ENEMIES
Chicago = NO HUMILIATION

...'nuff said!
July 21st, 2005 11:34 AM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Then put your money where your mouth is, jb, and get your ass up to Chicago!

Chicago = SOLD OUT
Chicago = NO ENEMIES
Chicago = NO HUMILIATION

...'nuff said!

Pam, Kerry Wood was humiliated again yesterday!!!!
July 21st, 2005 11:37 AM
parmeda FUCK KERRY WOOD!
July 21st, 2005 11:40 AM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
FUCK KERRY WOOD!

The Chicago heat wave has been very hard on the sick and elderly. Please make sure you are adequately hydrated Pam.
Also, when someone is embalmed, howe long can the body remain preserved w/out refrigeration....for example, can the body go on a mini-theater tour?
July 21st, 2005 11:46 AM
parmeda No... absolutely not.
July 21st, 2005 11:52 AM
jb
quote:
parmeda wrote:
No... absolutely not.

A club show?
July 21st, 2005 11:53 AM
parmeda lmfao!

..............ass
July 21st, 2005 11:56 AM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:
lmfao!

..............ass

Please note that yesterday under the "Be Careful" thread, i posted a wonderful "ADDA Influenced" step by step plan to remain safe during the intense heat.

Please note: 13 fatalities in Phoenix on Tuesday due to heat...many are not taking the adequate precautions.
July 21st, 2005 11:59 AM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Please note that yesterday under the "Be Careful" thread, i posted a wonderful "ADDA Influenced" step by step plan to remain safe during the intense heat.

Please note: 13 fatalities in Phoenix on Tuesday due to heat...many are not taking the adequate precautions.

I posted the warning ti help those, who unlike me, cannot handle the intense heat wave. Being in Fla. almost 33 yrs, has exposed me to tropical heatwaves and resulted in my body adjusting to these extrem temperatures. ADDA, as you illustrated, provided a useful toll for guiding one's activities during these hot times. Chicago, having many pollutants in the air, is even more dangerous than many other cities suffering from the heat.
July 21st, 2005 12:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Sadly, I do as far as the Stones are concerned. Are you going to Boston?

No. Whilst you wont "do" non sold-out shows, I shall no longer "do" stadiums.

Slight chance of NY in January if they play there. Not sure yet, however.
[Edited by Gazza]
July 21st, 2005 12:03 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

No.

Slight chance of NY in January if they play there. Not sure yet, however.

Why slight-I thought it was a go!!!!
July 21st, 2005 12:04 PM
Gazza I like to play "hard to get"...
July 21st, 2005 12:41 PM
Dan I am surprised he even played there. Last tour he got bumped from a stadium down to a shed and even that was only half full.
July 21st, 2005 12:45 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:
I am surprised he even played there. Last tour he got bumped from a stadium down to a shed and even that was only half full.

Mattman and Ladyjane must feel humiliated...Buffalo is a stagnant town.
July 21st, 2005 12:51 PM
72Tele As for a poor crowd for a guy alone playing an acoustic guitar in a 16,000 seat barn. The same guy that was just here in the last year or so by the. I say the people of Buffalo are smart.

As for rat infested city. The City was just voted the 2nd cleanest city in the USA.

As for high taxes- A recent study just said that if you compared households with a $100,000 gross income and $150,000 in property(morgaged or otherwise) and two cars the difference between Erie County and the lowest taxed place in the USA (Birmingham AL) is $3000. I peronaly love the NE and hate the south so $3000 isn't shit to me. And try putting your kid in a public school in AL.

Western NY is a great place to live but I wouldn't want to visit.

As for the Stones Buffalo lost its importance once they started playing Toronto again.

I could give a shit if the Stones play here or not but what does bother me is when bands like Kings Of Leon or the White Stripes any many others don't come around. Its almost always Pittsburgh and or Cleveland then Toronto in which case they have to drive right through Buffalo then on to Boston where they have to drive through once again.

Bruce with a guitar and nothing else? Please!! I would rather wash my balls in a pitt bulls mouth.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)