ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
RIP Carlo
RIP our friend Carlo Little
© Topfoto with thanks to Gypsy!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Tour schedule (confirmed dates) Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 11th, 2005 07:41 PM
Gazza the original thread seems to have inadvertently fallen into the archives, so here it is

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/07%2D08%2D2005/211510-1.html

Confirmed dates as of today :

05-08-21 Boston MA Fenway Park
05-08-23 Boston MA Fenway Park
05-08-26 Hartford CT Rentschler Field
05-08-28 Ottawa ON Frank Clair Stadium
05-08-31 Detroit MI Comerica Park
05-09-03 Moncton NB Magnetic Hill
05-09-06 Minneapolis MN Xcel Energy Center
05-09-08 Milwaukee WI Bradley Center
05-09-10 Chicago IL Soldier Field
05-09-13 New York NY Madison Square Garden
05-09-15 E. Rutherford NJ Giants Stadium
05-09-17 Albany NY Pepsi Arena ***NEW***
05-09-24 Columbus OH Nationwide Arena
05-09-26 Toronto ON Rogers Centre
05-09-28 Pittsburgh PA PNC Park
05-10-01 Hershey PA Hersheypark Stadium
05-10-03 Washington DC MCI Center
05-10-06 Charlottesville VA Scott Stadium
05-10-08 Durham NC Wallace Wade Stadium
05-10-10 Philadelphia PA Wachovia Center
05-10-12 Philadelphia PA Wachovia Center
05-10-15 Atlanta GA Philips Arena
05-10-17 Miami FL American Airlines Arena
05-10-19 Tampa FL St. Pete Times Forum
05-10-21 Charlotte NC New Charlotte Arena
05-10-28 Calgary AB Pengrowth Saddledome
05-10-30 Seattle WA Key Arena
05-11-01 Portland OR Rose Garden
05-11-04 Anaheim CA Angel Stadium of Anaheim
05-11-06 Hollywood CA Hollywood Bowl
05-11-08 Hollywood CA Hollywood Bowl
05-11-11 San Diego CA Petco Park
05-11-13 San Francisco CA SBC Park
05-11-15 San Francisco CA SBC Park
05-11-18 Las Vegas NV MGM Grand Garden Arena ***NEW***
05-11-20 Fresno CA Save Mart Center
05-11-22 Salt Lake City UT Delta Center
05-11-24 Denver CO Pepsi Center
05-11-27 Glendale AZ Glendale Arena
05-11-29 Dallas TX American Airlines Arena
05-12-01 Houston TX Toyota Center

06-01-10 Montreal QC Bell Centre
06-01-23 Chicago IL United Centre

++ This post will be updated as more shows are confirmed ++

Last updated on 2nd August @ 02.00 PT

For all public and presale ticket information, please check

Rolling Stones Official Site

Ticketmaster Rolling Stones Tickets

[Edited by Gazza]
July 12th, 2005 10:38 AM
mac_daddy damn - i was hoping we would have some new word on the palladium gig...

July 12th, 2005 01:11 PM
JaggerLips Wondered where this thread got to!
July 13th, 2005 10:09 PM
corgi37 Who cares.
July 15th, 2005 09:35 PM
mac_daddy

July 18th, 2005 11:59 AM
Gazza with thanks to our friend Joelle from France who posted the info on IORR:

Friday, July 15, 2005
Copyright © Las Vegas Review-Journal

Stones coming to town

Sources say Mick and company to return to MGM

By MIKE KALIL
© Copyright 2005, REVIEW-JOURNAL

The Rolling Stones have been booked to play the MGM Grand Garden in November during a gap between Northern California shows, sources confirmed Thursday.

Although officials with the MGM Grand declined to comment, three sources with knowledge of the deal verified that the British rock legends are slated to perform Nov. 18 at the hotel's arena.

"This has been kept pretty quiet, but it's a done deal," said one source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. "They're sandwiching the Vegas dates between the ones in California."

Ticket prices and an on-sale date remained unclear Thursday.

Attempts to reach Stones tour promoter Michael Cohl in Toronto were unsuccessful.

Singer Mick Jagger, drummer Charlie Watts, and guitarists Keith Richards and Ronnie Wood were holed up with backup musicians Thursday in that Canadian city's Greenwood College School practicing for the tour, which kicks off Aug. 21 at Boston's Fenway Park.

The four-day opening between a Nov. 15 appearance in San Francisco and a Nov. 20 gig in Fresno suggests the group could schedule a second Las Vegas date, as it has on its past two tours.

In the late 1990s and in 2002, the Stones played both the 14,800-seat MGM Grand Garden arena and a more intimate show at The Joint, the 2,000-capacity theater at the Hard Rock Hotel.

Hard Rock officials were tight-lipped Thursday.

"We cannot confirm a date," said Phil Shalala, Hard Rock's vice president of marketing.

It also remains unclear who will open for the band here. Confirmed acts for early East Coast and Canadian dates include Beck, Black Eyed Peas, Maroon 5, John Mayer, Pearl Jam and Joss Stone.

While ticket prices have not been announced, fans who want to spend the night together with the Stones better make sure they got the silver.

During the past 11 years, Las Vegas has four times been the host city for the Stones to set a new benchmark for ticket prices.

The band's Las Vegas debut during the Voodoo Lounge tour in October 1994 saw tickets offered for $100 to $300, prices unheard of at the time.

But that was a bargain by the time of the group's November 2002 appearance at The Joint. Tickets for that gig topped out at $1,000, but several concertgoers reported paying several times that to scalpers.
July 18th, 2005 08:34 PM
charlotte A Second Show At The Hollywood Bowl Announced!
Los Angeles Hollywood Bowl November 8,
2005 Tuesday,

[Edited by charlotte]
July 19th, 2005 08:04 AM
corgi37 Lotsa talk here in Oz about ticket prices. Eminem appartently asked for $2mill a show - an every promoter told him to fuck off. If the Stones are doing the same, they wont tour here.

And, i thought they wouldnt anyway.

Anyone heard any more about the Auckland show though? I got my passport ready.
July 20th, 2005 01:18 PM
mac_daddy tickets for the second show at the hollywood bowl just went onsale for amex gold cardholders and postmay10 club members...

July 21st, 2005 05:18 AM
Child of the Moon So, who am I gonna see in Portland on November 1st?
July 21st, 2005 10:35 AM
Gazza kath! and roostah! I would imagine....
July 23rd, 2005 11:46 PM
Brainbell Jangler Portland? I'll be there (with wife and kids in tow).
July 24th, 2005 12:51 AM
HallertauRogue
quote:

05-09-28 Pittsburgh PA PNC Park
05-10-01 Hershey PA Hersheypark Stadium
05-10-03 Washington DC MCI Center
05-10-06 Charlottesville VA Scott Stadium
05-10-10 Philadelphia PA Wachovia Center
05-10-12 Philadelphia PA Wachovia Center
05-10-15 Atlanta GA Philips Arena
05-10-17 Miami FL American Airlines Arena
05-10-19 Tampa FL St. Pete Times Forum
05-10-21 Charlotte NC New Charlotte Arena
05-10-28 Calgary AB Pengrowth Saddledome

I'll be at the Hershey, Charlottesville and Philly shows. I'm currently living in Philly, but will be relocating to the Hershey area by the time of the shows (1.5-2 hours diving time betweent he two). What is odd is that Pitt> Hershey>Philly makes much more sense than the severe dip down to DC and Charlottesville and abck up to Philly before th "deep" south dip in the tour. I guess its because of previous bookiungs at the venues, but you'd think no matter what the Stones would be able to dictate "the perfect schedule".

BTW, does anyone know of any small club shows for the tour? Last time on the Licks Tour they played the Trocadero in Philly and I missed it in lieu of the local ampitheatre.
July 24th, 2005 09:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
HallertauRogue wrote:
BTW, does anyone know of any small club shows for the tour? Last time on the Licks Tour they played the Trocadero in Philly and I missed it in lieu of the local ampitheatre.

are you sure you've got the right band? They didnt play the Trocadero, but the Tower.

See the other thread in recent days re: theatre shows. Its now looking like, despite original plans to do so, that there wont be any during the tour - although one or two warm-up shows are likely.

And welcome to Rocks Off!
July 24th, 2005 08:38 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
Portland? I'll be there (with wife and kids in tow).

Yeah! Right on! Drop me an email line at [email protected]. Perhaps we can meet up again! And I swear I won't sleep on any hotel room floors.
July 25th, 2005 06:06 PM
Gazza A show at Wallace Wade Stadium in Durham, NC has now been added for October 8th

Pre-sales begin from tomorrow (26th July) with public sales from Saturday 30th July
July 25th, 2005 08:12 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
A show at Wallace Wade Stadium in Durham, NC has now been added for October 8th

Pre-sales begin from tomorrow (26th July) with public sales from Saturday 30th July

cameron would've been cooler, but still...

what is with the college swing through the south on this tour..?

so now the only hole to fill on the first leg of the tour really is nov 17/18 - and that is pretty much definite for the mgm grand arena, right..?

[Edited by mac_daddy]
July 25th, 2005 09:06 PM
charlotte looks like Bruce VA,NC(2), U2 Charlotte, Stones NY,VA,NC(2)

Cameron would have been fantastic!!

July 26th, 2005 05:14 AM
Gazza
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
so now the only hole to fill on the first leg of the tour really is nov 17/18 - and that is pretty much definite for the mgm grand arena, right..?

confirmed by the venue as being definite for the 18th. Just not officially announced yet. Its pretty much 99% certain for that date and I would expect it to be confirmed within the next few days
July 26th, 2005 10:36 AM
charlotte Stones bringing ya-yas to Duke

BY PAUL BONNER, The Herald-Sun
July 25, 2005 11:38 pm

DURHAM -- It's under their thumb: The Rolling Stones will perform at Duke's Wallace Wade Stadium this fall as part of the veteran rock group's world tour.

Duke officials acknowledged to The Herald-Sun last week that they were discussing an Oct. 8 date with concert promoters, and the tour's promoters confirmed it late Monday afternoon.

Tickets will go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday. Priced at $160, $95 and $60, tickets will be available at Ticketmaster outlets including select area Hechts, FYE and Coconuts Music, as well as online at www.cellardoor.com.

Duke students, employees and alumni will be notified by e-mail and will have the first opportunity to buy tickets, Duke officials said.

More information is available at www.rollingstones.com.

The concert follows by two days another collegiate gig at the University of Virginia at Charlottesville. The Stones also will play in Charlotte's new basketball arena, the first major rock act booked there, on Oct. 21.

The tour begins Aug. 21 in Boston.

The tour's promoter, Cellar Door Concerts, a subsidiary of Clear Channel, approached Duke about a month ago about filling the concert date. Duke officials started working out the logistics. Parking, security and other considerations all appear manageable, said Tallman Trask III, Duke's executive vice president. Duke's football team is playing an away game in Miami that weekend.

"We've been hoping to do some larger events here, so when this one came along, it looked pretty interesting," Trask said. "It was really much more working out the mechanics than it was any question about whether we'd do it or not. This is a pretty big event for us."

The Stones have performed three times in the Triangle -- in 1965, 1989 and 1994 -- all in Raleigh.

Throughout the 1970s, Duke hosted a cavalcade of some of that era's biggest-name rock shows. The Grateful Dead played there five times. Joni Mitchell performed twice, and Yes played in its first American tour there in 1971s, opening for Ten Years After.

Except for a 1971 extravaganza in Wallace Wade featuring the Dead, the Beach Boys and New Riders of the Purple Sage, most of those concerts were in Cameron Indoor Stadium, with a few in Page Auditorium.

"There were some amazing shows there," reminisced Steve Haughton, a 1975 graduate who subsequently worked for five years at a Duke FM radio station, WDBS.

Among major attractions on campus, they had little competition. In contrast to today, Duke basketball offered little to commend itself to the outside world.

"Back then, word of mouth was going around about Duke. What was happening had as much to do with that kind of music as anything else," Haughton said.

Some in the administration were not amused by the antics that accompanied the rock shows, and they dwindled through the 1980s.

One possible reason for Duke's lean years of rock 'n' roll was more practical: A major renovation of Cameron improved it as a basketball arena but ruined its previously excellent acoustics, Haughton said.

Trask said that in his 11 years at Duke, he couldn't think of another major rock concert there to compare with the Stones.

And maybe sensibilities have changed in the meantime.

"We know all the stories about the Grateful Dead and everybody else," Trask said. "But it's a different time."

Officials are looking at a combination of on-site and remote parking, Trask said.

"We've got enough parking on a Saturday night to make this work," he said.

The football stadium seats nearly 34,000 for football. For the Stones, with seating on the field, the university will be expecting about 40,000 people, Trask estimated.

Duke campus police will be supplemented by security personnel available through the promoters, Trask said.

Haughton, who lives in Durham, said he and fellow alumni were pleasantly surprised to hear the Stones will be coming to their alma mater. He plans to attend the concert, he said.

"I tip my hat for the administration's willingness to take on the logistics of a major show like this, for the experience the students will have," he said.

Trask likewise said he's been a Rolling Stones fan for 30 or 40 years.

URL for this article: http://www.herald-sun.com/durham/4-630073.html

© Copyright 2005. All rights reserved. All material on heraldsun.com is copyrighted by The Durham Herald Company and may not be reproduced or redistributed in any medium except as provided in the site's Terms of Use.

July 26th, 2005 11:07 AM
Gazza the press release for the new album

(http://www.novogate.com/board/968/213694-1.html#3102914)

confirms for the first time that the new tour WILL go to Australia and New Zealand after all
July 27th, 2005 08:32 AM
corgi37 Did i tell ya's i love them? I love them so much. They are MY band. They changed my frigging life, caused all sorts of strife, and now i am taking my wife.

To see them.

Again.

This time, stuff 8th row.

I want the front baby.

P.S. I love them. I really, really do.
July 27th, 2005 09:14 AM
Gazza I'm sure I wasnt alone in speculating the reason for your absence and silence yesterday and waiting for your reaction when you came back to see the news.

All is well with the world again, no doubt. Would have been a shame had Oz been the only place to miss out this time around
July 27th, 2005 10:00 PM
corgi37 We are getting the arena show only. Tentative dates are supposed to be April. I can wait. Gives me time to save. WOnder if the "on-stage" idea applies here? I'd say tickets would go on sale late Dec.

The ideal Christmas present!
July 28th, 2005 10:14 PM
Daethgod December !
man i gotta a lot of days of wishing, hoping, scopin, poking, looking, scamming, praying, and fingers crossing so i can get my paws on some good seats
July 30th, 2005 12:16 AM
Her_Satanic_Majesty I believe they are coming to Detroit this month. I can't go...I'm so sad...
August 1st, 2005 05:09 PM
charlotte A show at Albany, New York's Pepsi Arena announced!
September 17,

2005-08-01 17:01:04 RS.com

ROLLING STONES PRESALE TICKET SCHEDULE
Tuesday, PRE-MAY 9TH MEMBER
August 2
10:00 AM
EST

Wednesday, NEW PLATINUM MEMBER PRESALE START
August 3
EST

Saturday, PUBLIC ON-SALE START
August 6
EST
[Edited by charlotte]
August 2nd, 2005 05:01 AM
Gazza Now also confirmed :

Las Vegas MGM Garden
November 18th

pre-sales from today. Public sale from Saturday August 6th
August 3rd, 2005 04:41 PM
mac_daddy that vega$ news is actually not correct, right..? didnt they postpone all those sale dates until further notice..?
August 3rd, 2005 07:49 PM
Bitch No tickets for MGM yet - here's the latest from RS.com:

"Las Vegas Show Not Yet On Sale

2005-08-03 15:48:10
The announcement regarding a show in Las Vegas was premature and we apologize for the confusion.

The date of the show will remain the same, but a new on-sale date will not be announced until later in August. Keep your eyes on the site for more information.

The Fan Club pre-sale for Albany will proceed as scheduled. "
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)