ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

40th anniversary of the Stones' first ever Dutch gig
August 8, 1964 - Kurhaus theatre in Scheveningen (Den Haag). Click here for more
© Some unknown hero - with thanks to Angiegirl!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jade, that's kind of tacky . . . Return to archive
July 29th, 2004 12:48 AM
Zack http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/page.cfm?objectid=14467751&method=full

NOBODY likes to sit next to fidgeting kids on a long flight.

Which perhaps explains why jewellery designer Jade Jagger opted for the peaceful alternative - sticking her little sunbeams in economy whilst pampering herself in business class.

Our spy spotted the 32-year-old Jade catching a British Airways flight to party island Ibiza with long-term lover Dan Williams and her daughters Assisi, 12, and Amba, 8.

Jade is spending most of the summer in her Ibiza villa with boyfriend Dan, a resident DJ at top nightclub Manumission. Our source on the Gatwick flight confided: "We were surprised that Jade didn't sit with her kids.

"She did pop her head round the dividing curtain every once in a while to check they were okay, but apart from that she seemed quite happy with Dan in business class."

A BA spokeswoman said: "The split family ticket makes it cheaper for parents to be in business class while the children travel in economy and are looked after by cabin crew."

With another holiday in the sun to look forward to, the sprogs can't complain...

July 29th, 2004 11:15 AM
mickmask Yes, that IS tacky.
mm.
July 29th, 2004 12:53 PM
MarthaMyDear I don't agree... I think (and REMEMBER) that kids like to be left alone sometimes (they still had supervision from the flight attendants, etc., and Jade was STILL checking on them now and then, etc.) and so do mommies, also... Even kids who are the age of Jade's ELDEST daughter babysit, so I don't see anything wrong about this, IMHO... The only thing I see wrong is just one more journalist without a good story!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P lol...... CHEERS!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
July 29th, 2004 09:40 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
The only thing I see wrong is just one more journalist without a good story!!!
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P lol...... CHEERS!!!

You call that "guy" a journalist? I don't even see a name. This piece is just gossip and innuendo. And not even interesting gossip at that.
July 29th, 2004 10:28 PM
Mottrush
Wouldn't it have been tackier if she'd left the friggin' kids at home???

Can't believe I'm even responding to this rubbish!!!!

Cheers,

Mottrush
July 30th, 2004 12:29 AM
Zack Jade lives on Ibiza. She was going home. If you love your kids you want them next to you. Flight attendants are not babysitters. I can't believe Mick Jagger's daughter needs to save any money. But then again she was a neglected child as Mick and Bianca caroused at Studio 54. My wife and I fly a lot with our three kids, and when we upgrade to business class we do it for all of us, and we are not exactly rich like rock stars' kids.
July 30th, 2004 12:39 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Zack wrote:
If you love your kids you want them next to you.

Oh bullshit. If you really love your kids you give them a responsibility to the TRUTH. And if they fly second classs than so be it. I mean really it doesn't have so much with "kabbala" or a religion. The Garden of Eden might be a myth but the TRUTH is all there.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
July 30th, 2004 12:42 AM
mickmask Kudos Zack!
It's one thing to let them have their space... but in the K.D. cabin? C'mon!
mm.
July 30th, 2004 05:03 AM
Zack >Oh bullshit. If you really love your kids you give them a responsibility to the TRUTH. And if they fly second classs than so be it. I mean really it doesn't have so much with "kabbala" or a religion. The Garden of Eden might be a myth but the TRUTH is all there.

TTM, what are you on, and WTF are you talking about?

You give your kids a "responsibility to the truth"? Kids don't know shit about the truth. I'm surprised your house hasn't burned down yet.
July 30th, 2004 05:23 AM
Zack I've reconsidered my opinion (though I still have no idea how that "responsiblity to the truth" crap applies at all to children).

If my two older kids, who are about Jade's kids' age, wanted to sit in coach to be away from parents, because as all kids know, parents are totally uncool, I would let them sit alone in coach.

This is entirely possible regarding this press clip, but in my own kids' eyes, they want the bigger seats, personal TV, and the much better service in business class. Sitting with their dorky parents is a small price to pay for them.
July 30th, 2004 05:26 AM
MarthaMyDear I don't know... I prefer not to be quite so judgemental, myself...

*** Martha ***