ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

40th anniversary of the Stones' first ever Dutch gig
August 8, 1964 - Kurhaus theatre in Scheveningen (Den Haag). Click here for more
© Some unknown hero - with thanks to Angiegirl!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 31 Years Ago! Return to archive
July 28th, 2004 03:25 PM
gimmekeef Thirty one years ago today I was in Watkins Glen NY with about 600,000 other crazos to see The Dead,The Band and The Allman Bros from noon until around 2am next day as I recall....anyone else make that show?...By the way I was the drunk stoned guy.....Hell of a show..wish I had a boot!!!
July 28th, 2004 04:23 PM
F505 Yes I remember you!

July 28th, 2004 04:27 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Thirty one years ago today I was in Watkins Glen NY with about 600,000 other crazos to see The Dead,The Band and The Allman Bros from noon until around 2am next day as I recall....anyone else make that show?...By the way I was the drunk stoned guy.....Hell of a show..wish I had a boot!!!

Thirty One Years Ago Today I was celebrating my release from the " Hanoi Hilton " as a P.O.W.

Within two months I was back in Saigon making the rounds of the various and sundry " Russian Roulette Parlors "

Mao anyone ?!?!?!

MAO !!!!! .............( ** Slap ** ) .............MAO !!!! ( ** Slap ** ) ...........MAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 28th, 2004 04:31 PM
F505 I think you're suffering from a post Vietnam Trauma
July 28th, 2004 04:32 PM
gimmekeef Joey...wish we could have celebrated together at Watkins Glen...Being Canadian I always though about guys my age in Nam and how lucky I
July 28th, 2004 05:14 PM
Joey " Joey...wish we could have celebrated together at Watkins Glen...Being Canadian I always though about guys my age in Nam and how lucky I ............................"

..........yes ?
July 28th, 2004 05:44 PM
Some Guy Joeyskidmarks.
July 28th, 2004 10:16 PM
corgi37 31 years ago - in Sept. - i came into double figures. I was in grade 4. Jacinta was the class spunk. So tall, so slim, so sexy. She was into Suzi Quatro, and that scared me, because i didnt know shit about music. SHe seemed so mature. Greer developed breasts, which by grade 5, were absolutley massive, and probably also contributed to me knowing shit about music. My love affair with Beverlely was yet to begin. I still fancied Kirsten, but she was out of my league. Michelle was a chance. By Grade 6, she would have to be the shcool spunk. Very surfie looking. Always tanned. Mr. Ryan was my teacher. He was ok, but boy, when he gave the "strap", did it hurt like a bitch!!!

July 29th, 2004 09:21 AM
Joey " Very surfie looking. Always tanned. Mr. Ryan was my teacher. He was ok, but boy, when he gave the "strap", did it hurt like a bitch!!! "

Yeah , but it is a GOOD kind of Hurt !

Furskee and Stutch !
July 29th, 2004 10:53 PM
corgi37 Oh yeah. Getting the strap was a badge of honour. It didnt matter if you wore velour jumpers, or white jeans with printed foot-prints all over them, once you got the strap, you were a bon-fide bad boy. Other bad people would talk to you. Share their chocolate bullets and red-skins, or maybe even give you a sip of their Sunny Boys or Glugs (Aussie stuff, ya had ta be there).

And the girls! They would see something different in you. As they sat in the girls shelter-shed, eating their banana and sugar sandwiches, swinging their knee-high-white-sock clad legs back and forth, discussing how cool a certain little Corgi37, well Corgi10 then, just might be after all.

Made a man of me. Never looked back. Hence, i got the strap on about 1,000 occasions, until i got kicked out of school at 17.
July 29th, 2004 11:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Oh yeah. Getting the strap was a badge of honour. It didnt matter if you wore velour jumpers, or white jeans with printed foot-prints all over them, once you got the strap, you were a bon-fide bad boy. Other bad people would talk to you. Share their chocolate bullets and red-skins, or maybe even give you a sip of their Sunny Boys or Glugs (Aussie stuff, ya had ta be there).

Neverland Ranch!
July 30th, 2004 01:06 AM
corgi37 Too old for that. Its "MILF-RANCH" these days.