ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

40th anniversary of the Stones' first ever Dutch gig
August 8, 1964 - Kurhaus theatre in Scheveningen (Den Haag). Click here for more
© Some unknown hero - with thanks to Angiegirl!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan to play very, very small club Return to archive
July 28th, 2004 03:22 PM
GimmeExile Dylan to play The Chance in Poughkeepsie, NY on August 4.

Capacity is 800.

Martha, is your friend going to tape?
July 29th, 2004 11:30 AM
Martha Crap. I just learned about this show. Way to far from us.....we can't get there. :-(

Haven't talked to TMR....yet. I know he will be at Cooperstown and NH the following night.

I'll have to get back to you.

July 29th, 2004 02:10 PM
Factory Girl Hey GimmeExile!!! How was Velvet Revolver??? How was Buckethead??? TIA!
July 29th, 2004 02:12 PM
Joey
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Hey GimmeExile!!! How was Velvet Revolver??? How was Buckethead??? TIA!

Hi Factory Girl !
July 29th, 2004 04:02 PM
GimmeExile Hey Factory Girl!

Velvet Revolver at 9:30 Club was an intense show; it lived up to the hype. Seeing Slash and Duff together on stage again was a real treat (they looked great, hardly aged at all!) You could tell they were thrilled to be playing before audiences again. Scott Weiland has become increasingly more feminine (he was channeling Iggy Pop and Perry Farrell); he twists and slinks around the stage, sings through megaphone on several songs, and has the eyes of a madman!

The show was a couple weeks before the album's release, so I didn't know any of the songs in advance, but they sounded great and some were catchy.

The highlight was hearing GNR's Mr. Brownstone, Used to Love Her and It's So Easy, STP's Sex Type Thing, and Nirvana's Negative Creep.

Have you heard CONTRABAND? It's good (not brilliant, but still a good RNR album).

Buckethead was a surreal experience--definitely one for the books in my concertgoing experiences...I'll write a review on the thread I started soon.

[Edited by GimmeExile]
July 29th, 2004 07:35 PM
Soldatti I like VR, is one of the few "new" groups that I hear, maybe my Guns'n Roses influence is there when I hear at the guys...
[Edited by Soldatti]