ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

40th anniversary of the Stones' first ever Dutch gig
August 8, 1964 - Kurhaus theatre in Scheveningen (Den Haag). Click here for more
© Some unknown hero - with thanks to Angiegirl!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Why do you need a new Stones album? Return to archive Page: 1 2
July 27th, 2004 12:06 PM
Fat boy Long time lurker, first time poster.
They have the best catalouge ever. What difference would it really make to you if they release a new disc. Maybe they just don;t give a shit, they are old and cranky and rich and need to start living the retired life soon. So why not now? How would your life be enriched if they released a new disc? Why? I came across this website and thought is was the 80s.
Love, Fat boy.
July 27th, 2004 12:41 PM
steel driving hammer Daba debba dooba on your train,

Don't be late gotta post all day,

Drink and post till 4 o'clock,

Oh I really don't know..............................

Cannot wait. Meanwhile, I think I'm loosing my touch Ronnie.......
July 27th, 2004 12:47 PM
glencar It's time.
July 27th, 2004 02:11 PM
Joey
Time to Hijack this baby

[Edited by Joey]
July 27th, 2004 02:14 PM
Dan I dont care one way or the other. I will wait til I can find it used.
July 27th, 2004 02:15 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:
I dont care one way or the other. I will wait til I can find it used.

July 27th, 2004 02:22 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Fat boy wrote:
Long time lurker, first time poster.
They have the best catalouge ever. What difference would it really make to you if they release a new disc. Maybe they just don;t give a shit, they are old and cranky and rich and need to start living the retired life soon. So why not now? How would your life be enriched if they released a new disc? Why? I came across this website and thought is was the 80s.
Love, Fat boy.

Because old and rich and cranky people have recently been discovered to be capable of releasing fantastic albums and putting on incredible live shows. The Stones have nothing to hide behind anymore.
July 27th, 2004 02:23 PM
Joey
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:

Because old and rich and cranky people have recently been discovered to be capable of releasing fantastic albums and putting on incredible live shows.

I would like to nuzzle you
July 27th, 2004 03:18 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh c'mon Fat Boy....you really don't know?

It's easy. New Product=New Tour.

New tour means having an excuse to meet up at YOTI again.

A new tour means we all get to have that feeling that we all get when we have tickets in hand.

A new tour means we all get that adrenaline high again that comes from being at a show.

A new tour means that it isn't over yet.

I think if we are all quite honest, we don't really get excited about the new album. Don't get me wrong, we all buy it, and we all get something out of it...but it's not the album that we are really excited about. It's the tour that comes with the album that we get wrecked about.

I mean, I don't think any of us expect the band to come up with another all-time classic album. They can do it, the capabilities are there, but they won't. They are too rich, too far removed from hunger. They aren't pissed off at anything.

So I'm not anxious for a new album for the new songs....I want it so I can go hang with my RO pals, and catch a few more shows.

July 27th, 2004 03:36 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Oh c'mon Fat Boy....you really don't know?

It's easy. New Product=New Tour.

New tour means having an excuse to meet up at YOTI again.

A new tour means we all get to have that feeling that we all get when we have tickets in hand.

A new tour means we all get that adrenaline high again that comes from being at a show.

A new tour means that it isn't over yet.

I think if we are all quite honest, we don't really get excited about the new album. Don't get me wrong, we all buy it, and we all get something out of it...but it's not the album that we are really excited about. It's the tour that comes with the album that we get wrecked about.

I mean, I don't think any of us expect the band to come up with another all-time classic album. They can do it, the capabilities are there, but they won't. They are too rich, too far removed from hunger. They aren't pissed off at anything.

So I'm not anxious for a new album for the new songs....I want it so I can go hang with my RO pals, and catch a few more shows.

Well done!!
Standing Oh!!
This is the wisdom that the democrats need now, and no Bush bashing.
July 27th, 2004 04:00 PM
F505 very true spoken sir
July 27th, 2004 04:06 PM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:
very true spoken sir

F505 ..................where are your seats for the " Shoreline , August 7th WHO Concert " ?!?!?! Lower Bowl or Orchestra ?

Please ..........................I's justs gots to's knows !

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Furcee !
July 27th, 2004 04:07 PM
LadyJane If I may "borrow" from Joey..SS..I would like to nuzzle you!!

Amen!!

LJ.
July 27th, 2004 04:07 PM
Some Guy Joey did you see that post?
July 27th, 2004 04:17 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Joey did you see that post?

I only have eyes for :

July 27th, 2004 04:19 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

I only have eyes for :

Couldn't you just feel the passion in his words, yes SS still has the hunger to belt out a classic post! I gotta read it again!
July 27th, 2004 04:22 PM
Some Guy That should be our mission statement.
July 27th, 2004 04:36 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Couldn't you just feel the passion in his words, Steelie still has the hunger to belt out a classic post! I gotta read it again!

Yes , Let's Analyze it together , shall we ?!?! :

" Daba debba dooba on your train,

Don't be late gotta post all day,

Drink and post till 4 o'clock,

Oh I really don't know..............................

Cannot wait. Meanwhile, I think I'm loosing my touch Ronnie....... "

You are right Some Guy --- It is a True Masterpiece !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJacky !

[ Edited by The Kid ]

[Edited by Joey]
July 27th, 2004 04:55 PM
Some Guy Ouch!
July 27th, 2004 05:03 PM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:
F505 ..................where are your seats for the " Shoreline , August 7th WHO Concert " ?!?!?! Lower Bowl or Orchestra ?

Please ..........................I's justs gots to's knows !

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "
Furcee !

hi joey, august 7th I am at the Amsterdam Arena to meet and greet Andre Hazes
July 27th, 2004 05:26 PM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:

hi joey, august 7th I am at the Amsterdam Arena to meet and greet Andre Hazes

?
July 27th, 2004 05:44 PM
F505
quote:
Joey wrote:
?

July 27th, 2004 05:46 PM
Joey
quote:
F505 wrote:

Thanks F505 ........................

Looks Like a Good Time will be had by all !

J.
July 27th, 2004 06:02 PM
IanBillen
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:

Because old and rich and cranky people have recently been discovered to be capable of releasing fantastic albums and putting on incredible live shows. The Stones have nothing to hide behind anymore.

Now that was well said! This is exactly how I feel.
As well: Bridges to Babylon was each one of the best albums of that year. The Stones make records that still sound, and live years and years later. Other groups today just cannot.
Also, I love listening to a new Stones Album. I want to see how it sounds, the vibe it brings.

*There is nothing like a Stones feel good song to make you feel alright. Not from any other group. Yesterday and today.

*And there is nothing like a Stones ballad to play when your down in the dumps in which Mick pours his heart out so you don't have to. And that is as well yesterday and today.
They are quite capable of making good music as they
always have. Why the hell wouldn't we want them to
put out another album.

*As far as what does it do for our lives?
It is just plain old enjoyment and interest of the Greatest
Band that has ever lived. If our band is still around after all these years still doing great things well then I would say follow them as you always have. I wouldn't analize it any more than you already have bloke.
Ian

July 27th, 2004 06:22 PM
Gazza >Long time lurker, first time poster.
Love, Fat boy.

Xxyzzy, Sirstonesalot and IanBillen have answered your question more than adequately and I agree with all 3 of them.

Maybe they ARE old and rich and dont give a shit about certain things, but I still think that if they ARE making a new record they'll definitely give more than a shit about delivering a very good one. I think they always do put that effort into a new album - whether it always comes off is a side issue.

Bob Dylan is old, cranky and rich and some (including myself) would argue that he has the best back catalogue ever. He's older than the Stones and his recorded output in the last 7 years had been outstanding. Like the Stones, anything he does is going to be compared to what he was doing 30 or 40 years ago. He proved after a relatively fallow period that he can still cut it. There's no reason why the Stones can't. They should at least have the chance to prove they can.

Thanks for your first post and wecome to Rocks Off. However, if you thought this was the 80's, I'm surprised you chose to lurk around for so long!
July 27th, 2004 06:36 PM
F505 I think Bob Dylan has proved with Oh Mercy, Time out of Mind and Love and Theft he still can do it. IMO these albums are much better than the ones the Stones "recently" released...
July 27th, 2004 10:13 PM
corgi37 Q: Why to you need a new Stones cd?

A: Fucking dickhead.
July 27th, 2004 10:44 PM
Soldatti
quote:
IanBillen

100% with you

quote:
F505

100% with you

quote:
Gazza

100% with you
July 27th, 2004 10:53 PM
Soldatti We need a Stones album very badly, for us (or for me) the young fans is very important. The last time that a studio album was released I was on the high school, 7 years ago!
July 27th, 2004 11:07 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
We need a Stones album very badly, for us (or for me) the young fans is very important. The last time that a studio album was released I was on the high school, 7 years ago!

I was a freshman in high school (my birthday is in October so I was only 14) when it came out
Page: 1 2