ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

40th anniversary of the Stones' first ever Dutch gig
August 8, 1964 - Kurhaus theatre in Scheveningen (Den Haag). Click here for more
© Some unknown hero - with thanks to Angiegirl!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Scissor Sisters Return to archive
July 25th, 2004 10:33 AM
Make It Funky Ok, who out there has tapped into this new band, "Scissor Sisters"!??

The first single was the catchy tune "Take Your Mama (out all night)" which is reminiscent of early EltonJohn melodies / phrases and vocabulary.. but it has a touch of Stones in there as well..

The third track is an up-tempo dancier disco version of "Comfortably Numb" with a bit of Brothers Gibb in there for good measure...

Personally, I quite like the Tina Turner tribute, "Music is the Victim" where it's ultimately a complete rip-off of "Nutbush City Limits" cum "Promised Land" (by chuck berry) with American city references etc...

Any honest music fan should check the Scissor Sisters out. They're doing some random club shows in North America currently, and will be off to the UK to play some festival gigs along with The Thrills and Primal Scream (?)

Cheers.
July 25th, 2004 03:17 PM
Jumacfly I love "Laura" a great one, , but the rest of the album is not equal...a good surprise, even if i m not really into Disco (they sounds like bee Gees sometimes!)

cheers
JU

ps: Laura 's video is pretty funny
July 25th, 2004 07:05 PM
FM Saw them at T In The Park and they were sensational.

The Comfortably Numb cover is as camp as a row of pink tents, and totally superb to boot !

Fraser

"Get drunk and sing along to Queen
Practice my T-Rex moves and make the scene"

"Just love those laser guided bombs
They're really great for righting wrongs
You hit the target and win the game
From bars 3,000 miles away"

"He took it all too far, but boy could he play guitar"
July 25th, 2004 10:24 PM
glencar Are they the hot new thing?