ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

40th anniversary of the Stones' first ever Dutch gig
August 8, 1964 - Kurhaus theatre in Scheveningen (Den Haag). Click here for more
© Some unknown hero - with thanks to Angiegirl!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Could You Walk On Water Return to archive
July 23rd, 2004 02:58 AM
jasta Does this boot have the same wide stereo mixes as the London Aftermath CD?
July 23rd, 2004 05:32 AM
Mathijs If you talking about the Sister Morphine boot: it sounds terrible. All bass and mids are pumped, and the recordings now sound like a compressed Aerosmith record.

Mathijs
July 23rd, 2004 06:52 PM
jasta Is there a good boot copy of the London version of Aftermath, since it is out of print and hard to find?
July 23rd, 2004 07:48 PM
Soldatti It's very hard to find on everywere. I was trying for a time but didn't work out.
July 24th, 2004 11:22 AM
mac_daddy mickboy's only when it's frozen is a great collection (of much of the same material)...

haven't heard the London set, but if you have it (and would like to trade), shoot me a PM
July 25th, 2004 07:27 AM
Mathijs Both the UK and US versions of aftermath have been released on SACD.

Mathijs
July 25th, 2004 01:26 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Both the UK and US versions of aftermath have been released on SACD.

Mathijs

i have those - i thought you were referring to something different. i misunderstood.

July 26th, 2004 01:35 AM
jasta Someone who compared the wider London mixes with the current versions made these comments:
Stupid Girl - narrowed, seemingly more hiss
Lady Jane - narrowed, "hiss fade" intro
Under My Thumb - "hiss fade" intro, seemingly more hiss Doncha Bother Me - pretty close
Goin' Home - "hiss fade" intro (big time), bass copied to right channel Flight 505 - "hiss fade" intro (big time), really squashed sound (moreso than other songs) - a lot less high end High And Dry - just EQ differences - a lot less high end Out Of Time - again, a lot less high end. The decay on the snaps at the beginning sounds odd.
It's Not Easy - *much* more crisp on the London
I Am Waiting - narrowed, a lot less high end
Take It Or Leave It - bass copied to right channel
Think - seemingly more hiss, actually seems to have *slightly* more high end (not that there's any on the recording anyway) What To Do - just EQ differences, a lot more crisp on the London.
July 26th, 2004 01:41 AM
jasta These London CD's were released in Germany, Japan, etc. and are no longer in print.
July 26th, 2004 09:45 AM
glencar That sounds like the version released in the US too.