ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

40th anniversary of the Stones' first ever Dutch gig
August 8, 1964 - Kurhaus theatre in Scheveningen (Den Haag). Click here for more
© Some unknown hero - with thanks to Angiegirl!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Woody Back In Rehab Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
July 24th, 2004 09:57 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Soldatti wrote:

What in the hell was he drinking?

he must of been drinking from sirmoonie's cup
July 24th, 2004 10:14 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
he must of been drinking from sirmoonie's cup

Why? Why this? Why this now?

Chose a side Bloozie. Its the pre-making of a man.

See what you did? You got me posting in this useless thread, instead of back in the drinking thread where people like you and me belong.

Its nation time, Bloozie!
July 24th, 2004 10:26 PM
Gazza >See what you did? You got me posting in this useless thread, instead of back in the drinking thread where people like you and me belong.

How dare you call my threads 'useless', you swine!
July 24th, 2004 10:43 PM
Bloozehound Yeah! how dare you moonie, you swine dawg you!

lmfao

I'm just kidding with you dude, I enjoy your sense of humor. You crack me up, but yes we should take it to the drinking thread...I'm about to go tie one on with a few buds, bbl and hopefully I'll have thought of somethin' extremely obnoxious or highly embarassing to post in the drinking thread...

If I read it the next day and I don't flinch, then I didn't drink enough I always say...cheers!
July 24th, 2004 10:46 PM
Snappy McJack Dudes. You KNOW that if this wasn't about Ronnie, more people on these boards would be cracking on whoever else it was.

Like, what if it was found out that Paul McCartney was doing this? LOL, oh the humanity!

Not saying that it's true, because I really don't know if this ankle-biting incident is factual.
July 24th, 2004 10:57 PM
sirmoonie Snappy, I always assumed you were my main niggie "Boomhauer" or "Boomie" - ain'tcha?

I not, who are you? And where did he go? And who are you?

"Hucking Tuborgs, Ronnie!"
July 24th, 2004 11:02 PM
Bloozehound Yes Snappy I agree, they would be

Gazza even suggested this latest report was unsubstantiated rumor, but even if it is true I don't see the harm in poking a little fun at the weirdness of the situation.

I think most here know we all hope the best for the Woodman, well except maybe some of the Mick Taylor obsessives (those guys a freaky-freaky if ya know what I mean)

ok, I'm off to see the wizard
July 24th, 2004 11:05 PM
Snappy McJack
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Yes Snappy I agree, they would be

Gazza even suggested this latest report was unsubstantiated rumor, but even if it is true I don't see the harm in poking a little fun at the weirdness of the situation.

I think most here know we all hope the best for the Woodman, well except maybe some of the Mick Taylor obsessives (those guys a freaky-freaky if ya know what I mean)

ok, I'm off to see the wizard

Yeah, I hope for the best, too. We all do. I hope.
July 24th, 2004 11:48 PM
sirmoonie Yes.

We all do.

God bless each and every one of us.
July 25th, 2004 12:50 AM
kahoosier I don't think I want it both ways. If Ronnie fell off the wagon I am trying to empathize with him, and understand that it is hard to get back into the sober life.The talk about Woodstocker's is slightly rightabout what used to be funny, but I have grown up.So have the Stones, they would never try Altamont again and Ronnie is 57, not 20.

Still Ron has my deepest respect for how difficult a battle he is fighting. I am being a bit more critical of fans than the man himself when instead of seeing this as a sad act, applaud or encouarge it. If it really occurred,the man has truely lost control of his life. Yes, I stick to it, were a stranger, no matter how famous, ruin my night out with outlandishly imbecilic behaviour,I would react, but that is not meant to be a specific attack on Ron. My post however was more in disbeleif that fans thought this was great! If Ronnie, Mick, or even Keith were out to dinner with family and freinds and one of us drunkenly crawled under the table, they would be appalled and we would all agree. Since we pay their salary, why is it to much to ask to be treated with the same respect in return? And as somoene else says, I am paying them for the music, nothing else.

I just cannot condone looking the other way because he is rich and plays guitar with Keith Richards. Moreover, anyone seeing this as so funny instead of full of pathos is missing the fact that the man may well be dying of substance abuse. Will you all laugh at his funeral? Will the excuse be he dies as any Stones Guitarist should, from a life of abuse? Knowing what I do of substance abuse, and what I have read of Ron's condition, and what he has said about his health, I cannot believe any one would applaud this behavior.
July 25th, 2004 01:08 AM
kahoosier Lets put this all another way. Ron is in the Priory, we are not debating that. This event may or may not have occured.Anyone who has ever been in a place like this as a CARE-GIVER, patient, or relative knows that that group therapy is common.

When Ronnie gets a sober perspective, if he were to tell this story, do you think he would do it as a confession of how out of control his life had gotten or boast with pride that his being a Rolling Stones made this all ok? I do not think a sober Ronnie would be proud of this, and I doubt he woudl want us applauding. If Jo were there and it was a family meeting, do you think she would say the drinking bothered her, but the ankles were ok?

I admit I do not know him and I am guaging my guesses only on interviews of what he thinks of his own substance abuse. Maybe I am totally wrong, and he would love playing the ass sober or drunk.
July 25th, 2004 01:23 AM
sirmoonie I like you kahoosier. You're a good man.

But this hopelessnessism that you espouse, it will NOT carry the day.

We are a strong nation. We take care of business AND one another when its in our best interest to do so. Always.

We have long shorts.

Like you, we hate white people.

We like drinking......wait. What the fuck were we talking about in the first place? That thing with the plunger? Haberdasher? Quilted hopscotch? Make yourself clear man!
July 25th, 2004 02:02 AM
MarthaMyDear I would like Ronnie to bite my ankles... LAUGHING
HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE!!! HE!!! HE!!! WELL, WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?! I HAVE HORMONES,
DON'T I?!?!?! CRACKING-UP!!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!! :P
lol..... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
lol.. Cue Kahoosier: MAJOR !!! LAUGHING
HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha *** HE!!! HE!!! lol.....
July 25th, 2004 02:46 AM
kahoosier Sirmoonie, I am a corn fed white boy that grew up in Indiana, LOL!

I have spent my share of nights knee walkin'.

But if crawlin around on all fours in front of your wife and freinds at dinner is now acceptable civilized behavior, I will stay out here on island with the "natives."

I apologize to all here on the board that I saw this allegation has a bad sign for Ronnie's health. I am obviously out of synch and stand corrected.

Now toss me a bottle and a glass pipe so I can go find Ronnie and have a good time after he gets out before he falls under Jo's ruinous spell of normal behavior again.
July 25th, 2004 03:47 AM
MarthaMyDear Well, I am with you on everything you've had to say in this
thread, etc., kahoosier!!! I do have to TOTALLY
admit, though, that getting my ankles bitten by Ronnie SOBER
would DEFINITELY be a bigger turn-on than drunk!!!
lol................ LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!! :P In
fact, I think drunkeness is a rather unattractive state, to be
quite honest!!! Take care and KEEP ON ROCKIN',
KAHOOSIER!!! TAKE CARE!!!
PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
July 25th, 2004 04:07 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Like you, we hate white people.

now you see mooncomX why do we have to HATE anybody ? regardless of race, creed, religion, politics or whatever, whats all this divide them up horseshit u keep dishin out, drop the anger dude, it'll do you wonders...
July 25th, 2004 04:36 AM
kahoosier MarthamyDear, I was one away from you at the gathering a little less than a year ago at Sticky Finger's and behind you and Gazza at the Astoria. I am not Ron, but come on out and lie on the beach here and I will nibble you ankles.
July 25th, 2004 05:08 AM
MarthaMyDear OK.!!! lol.......... LAUGHING!!!!!!! lol....... :P
lol... LOL!!!!!!! What the hey!!! lol.....
:P :d HOW ARE YOU DOING?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
WELL, I am HOPING there will be another
get-together if/when this tour happens and I hope there will
be one in England 'cause I plan to go there again so if this
all happens, I guessd we'll be the latte drinkers there!!!
LOL!!!!!!!! Fine with me as I LOVE lattes and mochas,
etc.!!! I had TONS of them that night at
Sticky Fingers but I think they could have made them
somewhat better, actually (too bitter), but that was a
HOOT!!!

Anyways, well, I hope to see you on the next tour, ok., and
TAKE CARE!!! And, ENJOY THE BEACH!!!
lol............ Anyways, KEEP ROCKIN' and I'll see you
soon!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
July 25th, 2004 11:23 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
now you see mooncomX why do we have to HATE anybody ? regardless of race, creed, religion, politics or whatever, whats all this divide them up horseshit u keep dishin out, drop the anger dude, it'll do you wonders...

I'm glad you've chosen to post this touchy-moofy liberal nonsense in the anti-drinking thread where it belongs.

C'mon dude, lets moogie on out of here. We'll go back to boozeland and stab guys wearing green suits in the back of the head!
July 25th, 2004 04:50 PM
kahoosier Sometimes, like with Lenny Bruce, crude can be funny.

Most times crude is just that, crude.

See above for reference.
July 25th, 2004 04:58 PM
egon quiting the booze?

it seems so wrong to me.
July 25th, 2004 10:27 PM
glencar Not if he wants to stay in the band.
July 26th, 2004 07:24 PM
brownsugar that is too bad i hope everything works out for him and the stones. i'm a new fan, being just 16 years old, and i would hate to have something happen...
July 26th, 2004 10:41 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not if he wants to stay in the band.

Tell that to Keith!
July 26th, 2004 11:46 PM
littleredrooster I'll bite your ankles Martha, My Dear!!!

Roooostah
July 28th, 2004 04:24 PM
Moonisup maybe woody read the 'drinking thread'!!
July 28th, 2004 04:26 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
maybe woody read the 'drinking thread'!!

LOLLLL !
priceless, Rick!!! !!
this one deserves the back of the RO shirt...
July 28th, 2004 04:29 PM
Joey

Priceless Dutch Rik

That one deserves the back of the RO shirt.

Kurskee !
July 28th, 2004 04:35 PM
F505
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
maybe woody read the 'drinking thread'!!

Reading? When you see everything twice?
July 28th, 2004 04:49 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
F505 wrote:

Reading? When you see everything twice?

so he drinks twice too....

oh, watch this guy having a goood beer...http://www.ebaumsworld.com/beerparty.html
Page: 1 2 3 4 5