ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

40th anniversary of the Stones' first ever Dutch gig
August 8, 1964 - Kurhaus theatre in Scheveningen (Den Haag). Click here for more
© Some unknown hero - with thanks to Angiegirl!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Woody Back In Rehab Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
July 20th, 2004 06:09 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
"...I clearly remember people telling me, and a few others who saw it that we posted rubbish, specially at other boards who don't wanna hear any bad things about 'their rolling stones'

Oh I agree wholeheartedly....SAY NO BAD THINGS ABOUT THE STONES!
(That kind of struck me funny as over the years there's been plenty of "bad things" said the boys as far back as I can remember.)
July 20th, 2004 07:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
P.S. (Oh, yes... And, I don't believe the disease theory either... What a load of fucking crap... I always bit my fucking tongue when I did the First Step... I believe that kidding oneself is too dangerous, so whatever... PEACE THE HELL OUT!!! )

Well I don't beleive the disease theory anyway but I suppose if one approcaches it that way it can be helpful for some people. I mean AA has helped alot of people. One of my aunts has been in it now for 15 years or so. From time to time she's had other ladies in her house right off the streets. Personally I think "the disease" goes far beyond "alcoholism." Maybe some kid of genetic defect that goes back to the primordial slime or something..."original sin" maybe? I dunno.
July 21st, 2004 04:24 AM
Moonisup Gazza,

the WEmbley show on the 29th was one of the best shows I've ever seen
July 21st, 2004 10:06 AM
Lambchop* Best 'guitar face' contest
New York
July 20, 2004

The term might not be familiar but the image definitely is - that look guitarists get when trying to nail a high note or power chord.

Now a new contest will determine who has the best "guitar face" - and the winner could be someone who has never held a six-string.

"You can hold up a tennis racket, pretend it's a guitar and still enter," said Jesse Raiford, director of programming for the on-demand television service Mag Rack, which is sponsoring the contest. The prize is a Les Paul "Black Beauty" electric guitar and case.

The 20-odd judges range from musicians to producers to rock photographers like Mark Weiss, who has captured everyone from Led Zeppelin to Aerosmith and Ozzy Osbourne in 25 years of taking pictures.

Weiss is looking for someone who reminds him of Ted Nugent. "When he plays his notes, it's emulated in his face. He's all over the place. Look at his mouth and you can tell he's playing the guitar; you don't have to look at his hands."

Gary Lucas understands that well. The Gods and Monsters guitarist said he's been making the guitar face since he was nine years old.

"This is the first term I heard encapsulating (the expression) so well," he said. "It captures the gamut of grimaces that accompany playing of guitar.

"It sort of comes from within. You're expressing your inner guitarist, which is like expressing your internal child."

Everybody can strap on a guitar, but a good guitarist "looks like they should be committed to a mental institution", said Lucas, who started his career in Captain Beefheart and the Magic Band and played with the late Jeff Buckley.

So what will Lucas look for in a winner?

"I'm really looking for someone who can sum it up the most - the most visceral, authentic haunted expression," he said. "I'm looking for someone who seems hot-wired into his guitar strings. To me, a guitar is just another extension of a human nervous system."

- AP
July 21st, 2004 10:24 AM
Martha TTM good observation. Alcohol is but a SYMPTOM of a much larger malady. This is said in AA, by the way. The disease is threefold, mental, physical and spiritual and must be treated on all 3 levels. That is why I think many people do not understand it as a disease.

It took me quite a while to get that (I've been in Al-Anon since 1989) but now I am certain it is a disease and that is effects everyone family and friends.

They also say in the AA Big Book that the alcoholic is an "ego maniac with an inferiority complex".

Martha my Darlin' Dear..did you get your "welcome to your new digs" package from me yet??????

JB and Joooooooooooey! I love you's too!

xxxxxxooooo
Maaaaaartha

PS Are there any new reports on how Woody's doing?
July 21st, 2004 11:33 AM
MarthaMyDear I know exactly why AA says it's a "disease" but I still don't
believe that theory and I've been going to AA and other 12
Step programs since 1986, myself... I haven't gotten the nice
package yet, Martha, but I will let you know RIGHT when I get
it, ok.?!?!?! Thank you VERY MUCH and that's
REALLY nice of you!!! Take care!!!

*** Martha ***
July 21st, 2004 02:58 PM
MarthaMyDear I DO believe in helping other people who suffer from the same
problem(s), struggle(s), etc., that you do, also, though, and to have
an open mind enough to let that person(s) believe what they want
to believe and develop and/or have their own opinions on things
as long as it helps them!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
July 21st, 2004 03:47 PM
Cant Catch Me An addition to the list of rock musicians no longer using drugs and'or drinking alcohol, in case nobody else has added it yet:

Lou Reed
(And, can't remember if he was on the list, Steve Earle)
July 21st, 2004 03:56 PM
MarthaMyDear IGYY POP, ALSO!!! I forgot about about Lou Reed, as well!!! Take care!!!

*** Martha ***
July 21st, 2004 04:11 PM
SheRat Exene was SHITFACED when I saw her at Slim's in April.

So scratch her.

I mean shitfaced.
July 21st, 2004 05:03 PM
MarthaMyDear That's messed-up... X is playing at this year's Sunset
Junction street fair on the Sunday and they'd better not suck...
lol.................... I know that might sound kind of harsh (MAYBE?!?!?!)
but I need some fricking entertainment and I do plan to donate and
spend money at the booths, also, so I better get some good
soundage or that will be highly annoying... lol............. It's hot here
and I just feel selfish, damnit!!! lol.................... Thanks for the heads
up, SheRat!!! You should check-out the fair if you're
in these parts then... I posted the info. about it in a thread below (or
in the archives)... It was a recent post... Take care!!!
PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
July 21st, 2004 05:06 PM
MarthaMyDear It's right below this post now... ENJOY!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
July 21st, 2004 05:40 PM
Cant Catch Me A friend says he met Iggy once backstage and Iggy was saying, "Man, it's fuckin' great, I'm off drugs, and it's fuckin' fantastic," etc., . . . while the whole time taking huge hits on a big fat joint.

But, I know he's talking about being off "real" drugs, the hard stuff like smack, and I think it's great that he kicked that for good or he might not be around today. But it's still funny as shit.
July 24th, 2004 02:18 PM
Gazza From today's "Sun" (not sure how they can announce this as an 'exclusive' when another newpaper broke the story a couple of weeks ago, but here it is anyway...)

Take some of the details with the proverbial pinch of salt as it does come from The Sun, plus it has the traditional cop-out of anonymous quotes from "a source close to the star" and "a spokesman" (both of which often mean the paper can make stuff up and not be sued)

EXCLUSIVE

Stones star back in rehab
By VICTORIA NEWTON
Showbiz Editor

ROLLING Stones star Ronnie Wood is back in a rehab clinic after falling off the wagon.

He checked into the Priory in London in a bid to conquer his booze addiction.

The final straw came when the guitarist crawled under a restaurant table and pretended to BITE people’s ankles.

It is the third time Ronnie, 57, has sought treatment for the condition in four years.

A source close to the star said: “The problem for him is always when the Stones come off tour — he finds it hard to occupy his time. He realised it had got hold of him again when he was at a restaurant with his wife Jo and Kate Moss.

“He had clearly been drinking and caused a scene by crawling under the table, pretending to bite people’s ankles.

“But his frame of mind is very positive. Ronnie is getting a lot out of his treatment.” He previously drank eight pints of Guinness, two bottles of vodka and a bottle of Sambuca a day.

He first checked into the Priory in 2000. In 2002 he was in the Cottonwood Clinic, Arizona.

The dad of four has been told to quit smoking after a scan found traces of lung disease.

Last night a spokesman for the rocker said: “Ronnie is having ongoing treatment”.
July 24th, 2004 03:51 PM
Ten Thousand Motels [quote]Gazza wrote:
>The Sun, plus it has the traditional cop-out of anonymous quotes from "a source close to the star" and "a spokesman" (both of which often mean the paper can make stuff up and not be sued)<

Hell, even the big news organizations use that technique.

>The final straw came when the guitarist crawled under a restaurant table and pretended to BITE people’s ankles.<

Well as long as he didn't actually bite anyone.
July 24th, 2004 04:01 PM
LadyJane "A source close to the star said: “The problem for him is always when the Stones come off tour — he finds it hard to occupy his time."

Well that's the answer then..for Ronnie's Health and for the Mental Health of ALL of us....THE STONES MUST TOUR!!!!

LJ.
July 24th, 2004 04:04 PM
Moonisup he has the same problem as me.
When i come home from work
July 24th, 2004 04:09 PM
Bloozehound maybe he just has a foot fetish
July 24th, 2004 04:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
maybe he just has a foot fetish

No..well maybe ...LOL. Sounds me to me that he was just having a little good clean fun. And his wife didn't appreciate the humor and made a big stink. Then she sent him to rehab again.
July 24th, 2004 05:10 PM
Bloozehound he's just hot for Kate Moss's tootsies
July 24th, 2004 06:36 PM
MarthaMyDear
quote:
ROLLING Stones star Ronnie Wood is back in a rehab clinic after falling off the wagon.

Falling off the wagon?!?!?! Falling off the wagon
means having even a sip, etc., of alcohol so in the true
definition of the term "falling off the wagon", he fell off a
WAY long time ago (according to his own words where he said he
has a drink now and then, etc.)!!! What a fucking brain-dead
reporter!!! Thank you for this article, though, Beavis...
lol............... LAUGHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE!!! HE!!! HE!!!
lol.............. :P It's always
interesting to note how many stupid-ass "journalists" are out
there... Christ... MAJOR !!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
July 24th, 2004 06:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Well my worn-out boots are taking me downtown
and I'm looking for trouble and I wanna get loud.

Serve me up a drink and I'll shoot it right down
and I'll jump up on the bar and holler "One more round!"

I'm going straight to hell
Ain't nothing slowin' me down
so you just better get me one more round!

Well back in the day with my uncle Jed,
he kept a lot of moonshine out in the shed.
He taught me how to drink - how to be real proud
of my hillbilly ways and my outlaw style.

Ain't nothing stoppin' me now
I'm headin' straight to hell

Well I'm racin' these backroads trying to save my life,
'cause the sherriff wants to kill me 'cause I fucked his wife.
Always on the run with a gun in my hand
'cause I like a good time and a one-night stand.

Ain't nothing slowin' me down

So you just better get me one more round!

July 24th, 2004 07:17 PM
polksalad69 Well I'm gonna do some drinkin'
I'm gonna drink all that whiskey that I can
Hell, I'm gonna do some drinkin'
I'm gonna drink all that whiskey that I can

'Cause I'm, a drinkin' smokin'
nighttime ramblin' kind of man

Well I'm gonna do some smokin'
I'm gonna smoke all that good stuff that I can
Well I'm gonna do some tokin'
I'm gonna smoke all the best stuff across this land

Well I'm gonna do some raisin'
I'm gonna raise all the hell that I can
Then I'm gonna do some drinkin'
I'm gonna be the loudest man in this damn band

Hell, I'm, a drinkin' smokin'
July 24th, 2004 07:31 PM
kahoosier MarthaMyDear, you are spot on again. Since recovery is one day at a time, it is not to unexpected to fall off the wagon now and then, though each fall ends up in bruises. What matters is how long it takes you to get back on the wagon. And if Ronnie really is crawling around in public, he fell off his wagon which has now rolled on down the street, around the corner and up the rod a few blocks: he has a long way to catch up.

Oh for the sake of all that is holy, I hope the poster who mentioned he was just having a spot of fun and Jo could not take it was BEING FACETIOUS. What the hell is fun about being at an upscale restaurant with friends and watching your husband crawl around on his hands and knees biting the other patrons? Ron Wood or not, if I were trying to have a quiet dinner in a nice place, I may well have kicked the idiot in the face even if it was Jesus Christ himself when he tried to drunkenly bite me.
July 24th, 2004 07:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
kahoosier wrote:
Oh for the sake of all that is holy, I hope the poster who mentioned he was just having a spot of fun and Jo could not take it was BEING FACETIOUS. What the hell is fun about being at an upscale restaurant with friends and watching your husband crawl around on his hands and knees biting the other patrons? Ron Wood or not, if I were trying to have a quiet dinner in a nice place, I may well have kicked the idiot in the face even if it was Jesus Christ himself when he tried to drunkenly bite me.

Oh cmon. You're being too straight now. Most kids would love to have experienced what we did at Haight-Ashbury and Woodstock. So Ronnie lives in the past....that's what he's paid for ain't it?

July 24th, 2004 07:50 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Sorry Kahoosier. You can have anything that you want on this Earth except ONE thing. You can have anything you want. But you can't have it both ways.
July 24th, 2004 08:11 PM
Bloozehound I get a funny mental image of Woodman flipping out in a crowded resturant, getting on all fours, and biting at their ankles, while all pissed drunk. Maybe he was imitating cow dogs, dingos, or australian Blue Healers ?

Do you think he was making barking noises ?
July 24th, 2004 08:33 PM
F505 Instead of crawling under a restaurant table and biting people’s ankles Ronnie should do some practising and rehearse all 25 Stones songs they are gonna play on the next tour.
July 24th, 2004 09:16 PM
MarthaMyDear
quote:
So Ronnie lives in the past....that's what he's paid for ain't it?
No. He's paid to play music.
quote:
Instead of crawling under a restaurant table and biting people’s ankles Ronnie should do some practising and rehearse all 25 Stones songs they are gonna play on the next tour.
Exactly.

*** Martha ***
July 24th, 2004 09:45 PM
Soldatti
quote:
The final straw came when the guitarist crawled under a restaurant table and pretended to BITE people’s ankles

What in the hell was he drinking?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5