ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

40th anniversary of the Stones' first ever Dutch gig
August 8, 1964 - Kurhaus theatre in Scheveningen (Den Haag). Click here for more
© Some unknown hero - with thanks to Angiegirl!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rumors on Shidoobee says 2005 " the last time" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
July 28th, 2004 02:23 PM
LadyJane I just checked out Gasland and it appears there is some question as to the reliability of this source of "new" info.

I guess we just have to wait and see what transpires.

C'mon boys!! We're all going crazy!!

LJ.
July 28th, 2004 02:39 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I just checked out Gasland and it appears there is some question as to the reliability of this source of "new" info.

I guess we just have to wait and see what transpires.

C'mon boys!! We're all going crazy!!

LJ.

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone, you may still exist but you will have ceased to live."

--Larry Hagman ( 1954 .....March )

The Jacky !
July 28th, 2004 06:17 PM
Gazza If theyre starting rehearsals around April, then they should be on the road no later than June. Autumn 2005 as a start date in that case makes no sense.

The later they leave it then the more likely they will have to do Europe in summer 2006.

They do not seriously want to risk that as they'll struggle to sell tickets when competing with the World Cup which is being held in Germany - probably their biggest European market in terms of ticket sales - that summer.

The last three World Cups to have been staged in Europe have coincided with a Stones European Tour (Spain'82, Italy '90 and France '98). With each successive tour they've found it harder to compete (and in 1990 and 1998 their ticket sales in the country staging the event were not good and some shows actually got cancelled).

And that was back in the days when tickets were reasonably priced. If they tour Europe in June/July 2006 they will seriously struggle to fill stadiums - even though the new Wembley Stadium will be ready for them by then (the Stones are rumoured to be the first band who will play in it when it's ready)

Maybe they'll play arenas instead for the most part and get Europe over with before the World Cup. Here's hoping.

I still doubt they'll play North America any earlier than May 2005 though.
July 28th, 2004 06:48 PM
Madafaka South America is still waiting
July 28th, 2004 07:56 PM
Soldatti Argentina is still waiting!!!
July 28th, 2004 08:13 PM
beer Antarctica is still waiting!
July 28th, 2004 10:12 PM
Soldatti First here!!!
July 28th, 2004 11:47 PM
beer I heard that Argentina has some of the most dedicated Stones fans of all.
July 30th, 2004 01:15 AM
corgi37 Oh wow, i would have to agree. Seen that vid for "I go wild"? Man, what a sight. I would love to see the whole vid of that show. That gig should have been the VL tour vid, instead of boring old middle America again. Why they dont play S/America more is beyond me. Ok, security and economic stability is one thing, but why aint they doing ROCK IN RIO? Pricks like Metalica and McCartney are stealing all the thunder.

And, the show from Madrid in 90. That was superb too. Crowd was beserk! The reaction to Rock and a hard place was just amazing, if a little unwarranted.

I know Argentina and Spain are not the same, but i dunno, they seem to have a real appreciation for the shows they get.
July 30th, 2004 01:33 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
beer wrote:
I heard that Argentina has some of the most dedicated Stones fans of all.

Really? I had always heard that they threw all those guys out of airplanes at US taxpaxpayers expense back in the 70's.
July 30th, 2004 01:50 AM
gypsy I tend to only trust news if it comes from oldkr. Why?
Because he's oldkr. Any questions? Didn't think so.
July 30th, 2004 11:11 AM
jb [quote]gypsy wrote:
I tend to only trust news if it comes from oldkr. Why?
Because he's oldkr. Any questions? Didn't think so.

Does qualify for the World Cup?

[Edited by jb]
July 30th, 2004 11:17 AM
scope JB, you're back. How was your trip to the Big Apple?
July 30th, 2004 01:11 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Really? I had always heard that they threw all those guys out of airplanes at US taxpaxpayers expense back in the 70's.

July 30th, 2004 01:16 PM
jb
quote:
scope wrote:
JB, you're back. How was your trip to the Big Apple?

Had a great time Scope....stayed at the Times Sqaure Marriott and we had a blast...the highlight was the carriage ride in Central park and watching(not to mentiom smelling) the horse taking a ten puond dump!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8