ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

40th anniversary of the Stones' first ever Dutch gig
August 8, 1964 - Kurhaus theatre in Scheveningen (Den Haag). Click here for more
© Some unknown hero - with thanks to Angiegirl!

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rumors on Shidoobee says 2005 " the last time" Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
July 12th, 2004 11:55 AM
Snappy McJack
quote:
jb wrote:
Corgi is a great man....his post is so dead on ....Kids despise the Stones...My parters son is working here for the summer and listens to Zep and the Beatles...I tried to turn him own to the Stones and he said he was never into them...they have very little fan base left ...

Zep and Beatles, but no Stones? WTF is up with this guy?
July 12th, 2004 12:35 PM
Joey

I refuse to believe that this will be the last tour ....................

These guys will perform until they " Drop " !

Word !

J.
July 12th, 2004 12:40 PM
jb Joey, I am so happy we are not involved in this latest controversy!!!
July 12th, 2004 12:43 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
Joey, I am so happy we are not involved in this latest controversy!!!

Great post! Thanks!
July 12th, 2004 12:45 PM
jb
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Great post! Thanks!

Are you starting the Waits trre yet or still branching Dylan?
July 12th, 2004 01:13 PM
Lambchop* About what time, Eastern standard, do you two expect to reach 10,000 posts?

July 12th, 2004 01:16 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Bob Tamp wrote:

They have given all of us a sense of identity for over 40 years.

!!!!!

Josh and Joey - hurry up already!
July 12th, 2004 01:24 PM
jb I will talk to Joey hopefully late today...I think we can get this thing done by 5PM EST tomorrow....I hope Gazza, Vodoo, and Jaxx are not to busy with other issues and plan to come out for this event...
July 12th, 2004 01:53 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I will talk to Joey hopefully late today...I think we can get this thing done by 5PM EST tomorrow....I hope Gazza, Vodoo, and Jaxx are not to busy with other issues and plan to come out for this event...

Is Jaxx still active ?!?!
July 12th, 2004 02:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot >"The Rolling Stones come back after 8 years with a double album". <

Oh NO! No no no no.

A double album would be a disaster. Why? Too much filler. Much better too put out a single, 12-15 song album with almost all strong songs, than a double album with about half filled with crappy throw away filler.
July 12th, 2004 02:18 PM
Joey
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>"The Rolling Stones come back after 8 years with a double album". <

Oh NO! No no no no.

A double album would be a disaster. Why? Too much filler. Much better too put out a single, 12-15 song album with almost all strong songs, than a double album with about half filled with crappy throw away filler.

S. S. .....................you raise a very astute , lucid and clairvoyant point -- Indeed , your analysis of the situation is vital and coherent , save , to say the least , illuminating and compelling .

I too have often felt that ..................Oh , Oh !!!!!! Damn !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to pee .

****************** ABRUPT END TO TRANSMISSION ****************
July 12th, 2004 02:35 PM
jb Maybe 1 side could be new material and the second side be certain shows from the 72 tour....this would be better than a box set and trees...
July 12th, 2004 02:43 PM
Joey
I have an idea :

Perhaps one side could be new material and the second side could be select shows from the ' 81 tour....this would be better than a box set and trees and day .

Discuss ........................................

J the Fly !

July 12th, 2004 03:05 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
jb wrote:
I will talk to Joey hopefully late today...I think we can get this thing done by 5PM EST tomorrow....I hope Gazza, Vodoo, and Jaxx are not to busy with other issues and plan to come out for this event...

Thanks!

July 12th, 2004 03:08 PM
Joey
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

Thanks!

Lamby .......................had soup for lunch so I will NOT be needing your services this evening .

Please feel free to take the rest of the day/night off .

Jacky !
July 12th, 2004 03:24 PM
FPM C10
quote:
jb wrote:
Are you starting the Waits trre yet or still branching Dylan?

I am not a horticulturalist.

How long will it take me to get to 10,000 posts? Do I have a chance of beating you? If not, would you and Joey consider holding off for a few months to give me a sporting chance?

July 12th, 2004 03:27 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I am not a horticulturalist.

How long will it take me to get to 10,000 posts? Do I have a chance of beating you? If not, would you and Joey consider holding off for a few months to give me a sporting chance?

Fleabit .......................How long will it take you to reach 1K posts ?!?!

July 12th, 2004 04:08 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:
Fleabit .......................How long will it take you to reach 1K posts ?!?!

I think I could do it by my birthday (which is the day before yours!)...next year...
July 12th, 2004 04:57 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

I think I could do it by my birthday (which is the day before yours!)...next year...

Next Year ?!?!

NEXT YEAR ?!?!

You make Joey sad .
July 13th, 2004 11:43 AM
glencar It would have been worth the wait, Joey.
July 13th, 2004 11:47 AM
Snappy McJack I think it's a bit freaky that I went to Shidoobee to read if anything legit is coming about, and all of the sudden, the conversation has turned into hotel reservations for the Stones.

And it's also a bit odd that some of these people know EXACTlY where they were during tours. Fanatics? WTF, ain't it crazy?
July 13th, 2004 11:53 AM
glencar Snappy, I tried to fight the tide but they're simply delusional over there. As I said here, if the guy had info on Philly alone, I'd be inclined to believe him. But he claims to have been told the entire tour schedule. I'm dubious of that claim & all the rest.
July 13th, 2004 02:21 PM
Gazza Indeed. I made the mistake of finally reading the thread in question last night. Unbelievable delusional hysteria.

Almost as unbelievable was the way anyone who doubted his credibility was shot down in flames by people who automatically take anything like that at face value and defend him because "he's a regular poster" (which he wasnt going by his post tally - and as if being a 'regular' automatically makes what he says as 100% credible anyway)

I'd give it some cred if he'd just posted some info about the tour starting in Philly in February and then let it go. But then every few hours later its MORE "info", more cities, more venues, venues and cities that arent being considered, ticket prices and that everything is set and confirmed. Its like that "journalist" guy who posted here about the new album a couple of weeks ago. Started with some "insider" info which sounded initially credible, some people bought into it and asked him for more info and it just encouraged him so he came out with more and more stories that were totally implausible.

Bjornulf said on IORR that usually a couple of months before a tour is announced he starts getting e-mails (from credible sources) around the world giving info about various venues being booked and about tour plans. So far, he says there's been nothing of that nature. He doesnt expect anything concrete to be announced for a couple of months yet at least.
July 13th, 2004 02:58 PM
jb I read it, re-read it, and read it over again today, and it seems 100% credible.
July 13th, 2004 03:24 PM
justinkurian Well he said there would be a press release at the end of July, so I guess we'll all find out then.

I'm with Glencar and Gazza on this one...
July 13th, 2004 03:53 PM
Monkey Woman Yes, we'll see what happens to the "late July announcement" this Joephillystone told about on Shidoobee. Who knows. At least it's someone to be hopeful about. Then again, maybe it'll be like the time we were warned the Stones would begin recording on May 20th at Guillaume Tell Studio near Paris...
July 13th, 2004 04:04 PM
Gazza >I read it, re-read it, and read it over again today, and it seems 100% credible.

God knows why. Do you really think that considering the media event that a Stones tour announcement beccomes that IF the Stones were going to ANNOUNCE that this would be their FINAL tour, they would announce the tour with a presss release and NOT a press conference as they usually do?

Like I said, I think some of what the guy said sounded credible and plausible - then it became a case of him throwing in new "exclusives" every few minutes that he insisted were a "done deal" and got stroppy about to anyone who doubted him (even a guy who claimed he worked on the last 4 tours and had told Cohl about it and was advised that it was nonsense). IMO he posted too MUCH information about things SO far in advance that it affected the credibility of his original post.

and $1000 a ticket for the theatre shows..? Please. They wont need a fan club pre-sale for folks to get tickets for those. Not at that price. Theres not enough fans that desperate.
July 13th, 2004 05:18 PM
Lambchop* Can someone please post a link? Is this thread anywhere near as whacko as the "what color is their body hair" thread?

Thanks!

July 13th, 2004 05:23 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:
Can someone please post a link? Is this thread anywhere near as whacko as the "what color is their body hair" thread?

Thanks!

July 13th, 2004 05:27 PM
Monkey Woman Oh, it's much more wacko!

Here it is:
http://p081.ezboard.com/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm15.showMessage?topicID=8642.topic

All 15 pages of it...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8