ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nothing says rock and roll more than a $600 ticket Return to archive
4th August 2006 07:07 PM
Poison Dart I couldn't stop laughing when I noticed the $600 dollar tickets at different venues. Then I read they were charging some of their opening acts for tickets.

These guys (and Cohl) are fucking pathetic.

Just think how far the one time "bad boys of rock and roll" have fallen to be charging $600 for a fucking two hour show. If there is a god they will be playing to empty stadiums this time around.

And then people ask why there records don't sell. And why they don't attract new fans.

These guys are in Spinal Tap territory these days.
4th August 2006 07:21 PM
glencar The record sales don't have too much to do with their ticket prices.
4th August 2006 07:22 PM
Stray Cat UK Spinal Tap have integrity !

They should wake up and smell the glove !
4th August 2006 07:23 PM
glencar I haven't seen tix priced that high yet. And the fact is, the Stones get it or the scalpers get it. The high ticky prices are the least of the problem. It's the stale set lists that kill me. Please Mick please!
4th August 2006 07:32 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:

Hey, if Duke Fame can play the EnormoDome, so can the Stones.
4th August 2006 07:49 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
glencar wrote:
I haven't seen tix priced that high yet.

The "Hot Seat" tickets are six bills for Foxboro, and seven for Giants and Chicago.

But - you get "an exclusive tour gift item" and collectible laminate.

Which of course justifies the $250 additional cost per ticket.
4th August 2006 08:13 PM
telecaster
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
I couldn't stop laughing when I noticed the $600 dollar tickets at different venues. Then I read they were charging some of their opening acts for tickets.

These guys (and Cohl) are fucking pathetic.

Just think how far the one time "bad boys of rock and roll" have fallen to be charging $600 for a fucking two hour show. If there is a god they will be playing to empty stadiums this time around.

And then people ask why there records don't sell. And why they don't attract new fans.

So when you go out to eat at a restaurant do you let it ruin your experience that some people are paying alot more for their meals?

You probably do but it is incredibily dumb

Lose the anger
4th August 2006 08:54 PM
Poison Dart Telecaster:

Are you serious?

Please tell me you are not trying to justify what these greedy assholes and their $600/$700 fucking dollar tickets are trying to pull.

I don't care if people pay 6 million dollars for a ticket. My only point is the Stones are no longer a rock group. They are nothing more than a corporation in the same sense that Microsoft is.

That is why they don't connect with the general public anymore. Much (not all) of the criticism (they are only in it for the money) they get is justified.

[Edited by Poison Dart]
4th August 2006 09:04 PM
glencar get a grip. It's just entertainment $. I'm not happy about the excessive prices & I've cut back on my spending but I'm still going to enjoy myself.
4th August 2006 09:09 PM
telecaster
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Telecaster:

Are you serious?

Please tell me you are not trying to justify what these greedy assholes and their $600/$700 fucking dollar tickets are trying to pull.

I don't care if people pay 6 million dollars for a ticket. My only point is the Stones are no longer a rock group. They are nothing more than a corporation in the same sense that Microsoft is.

That is why they don't connect with the general public anymore. Much (not all) of the criticism (they are only in it for the money) they get is justified.

[Edited by Poison Dart]

Of course it is justified, it is called the free market
They are obviously getting it so they must be worth it to those fans

So you get mad that there is a $600 bottle of wine on the menu of the restaurant you are having a $15 meal at?

Do you go to work for 30% of what you could earn?

4th August 2006 09:39 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
My only point is the Stones are no longer a rock group. They are nothing more than a corporation in the same sense that Microsoft is.
[Edited by Poison Dart]

Not exactly. Microsoft is still somewhat innovative.
4th August 2006 09:44 PM
pdog
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Of course it is justified, it is called the free market
They are obviously getting it so they must be worth it to those fans

People are not buying those tickets, at least not in a way anywhere close to a satisfactory level.
Those unsold Hot Seats will be on TM for tier 2 prices the days right before that shows!
4th August 2006 09:45 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

People are not buying those tickets, at least not in a way anywhere close to a satisfactory level.
Those unsold Hot Seats will be on TM for tier 2 prices the days right before that shows!

That's fine then. I hope the Stones learn from this. At the same time, when they sold seats for $15 on the 1981 tour, scalpers were getting $150.
4th August 2006 10:19 PM
Steel Wheels There are still 60 dollar seats in every venue. 60 bucks for 2 hours of the greatest rock ever written is a steal. I do not need to spend 600 on a seat. 60 bucks is fine. That's 30 bucks an hour to have the Stones play for me. Not bad!

Just get me in the venue and I'm happy.
4th August 2006 10:22 PM
glencar You rock! Are you the Steel Wheels from Keno?
4th August 2006 10:28 PM
Steel Wheels Thank you! I am the Steel Wheels from RocksOff.org. I've been here since forever. I only call RocksOff.org home.

S.W.
5th August 2006 06:22 AM
Bitch Yeah I saw $500 seats for on stage seating at Giants Stadium and would have loved to sit there, but my choice was a pretty good seat for $160. The point is there is a range of prices, if you can spend big bucks and want to, go for it, if not buy a cheaper seat for 60, 90 or 160, or stay the fuck home.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)