ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: After thinking about it - My take on Kanye West Return to archive
4th August 2006 10:02 AM
winter Awful choice for Stadiums. They should have gotten a relatively big name RnR acts that appeal to the same or similar fan base. The only possible benefit is more press. Lots radio stations that could care less about the Stones are probably mentioning that Kanye West is touring with them, etc.

Had it been an arena tour, I would have thought it an interesting choice, and an opportunity to see something hugely popular and different. Not that I like this music, but hey, why not? I also agree with Luxury's post about Prince and Jamiriquoi (sp?) - not that I saw either of them open for the Stones, but they are at least interesting choices. And Prince turned out to be a truly amazing talent.

I am not a big U2 fan (at least not their recent albums - see after Achtung Baby), but I thought getting Public Enemy to open for them on one of their tours was pretty cool. Something different with an edge, whether or not you like their music (and yes I know some of them are or wer anti-semites - I am not defending them).

I will say that I am glad that they are not re-hashing Sheryl Crowe for the 11,000th time.

On the other hand, I never see the openers anyway, even the ones that I liked - see Ryan Adams.

wintah
4th August 2006 10:10 AM
Some Guy I predict rumours will abound that Kanye blew the Stones off the stage that day.
4th August 2006 10:19 AM
Joey

U2 WILL win gross this year !

www.U2Tours.com

www.interference.com

4th August 2006 10:45 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Kanye blew the Stones off

Is Kanye gay?
4th August 2006 10:48 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

www.U2Tours.com

www.interference.com

you make Some Guy sad.
4th August 2006 10:49 AM
Some Guy
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Is Kanye gay?

You make Some Guy sad.
4th August 2006 10:50 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

You make Some Guy sad.

Sorry, I know it was a cheap one. I have to takes what is there.
4th August 2006 10:51 AM
Some Guy
quote:
TampabayStone wrote:

Sorry, I know it was a cheap one. I have to takes what is there.

good job!
4th August 2006 11:01 AM
Honky Tonk Man I'm with Winter on this one. It'll certainly be interesting and I'd personally rather watch hime perform than some of the other recent acts they've used. I like that video he did with Pamela Anderson and that Gold Digger song.
4th August 2006 11:04 AM
pdog
quote:
Joey wrote:

They make me sick!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)