ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will Kanye West help so tickets? Return to archive
3rd August 2006 09:20 PM
Poison Dart Yeah, I know he sucks and all. But is he going to help sell some the these weak sellings dates?

I doubt it. Kanye West's crowd (13 year old's)and the Stones crowd don't seem to mix.

Aerosmith or G+R (rumor had it these two were considered)seems to me would have brought more Stones people out to the stadiums.
3rd August 2006 09:24 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Yeah, I know he sucks and all. But is he going to help sell some the these weak sellings dates?

I doubt it. Kanye West's crowd (13 year old's)and the Stones crowd don't seem to mix.

Aerosmith or G+R (rumor had it these two were considered)seems to me would have brought more Stones people out to the stadiums.

I don't know anything about Mr. West or his crowd, but I don't think they need to sell these shows to "Stones people" - we'll be there no matter what. I don't care for Aerosmith (Stones rip-off's) or Guns N Roses (Lame), so they wouldn't make me fork out any extra money than I'm already paying. If it was the Who, it might be a different story. The Stones have showcased Black artists all the way back to Tina Turner, so maybe you should show up with an open mind and not worry, how much Kanye West will boost sales.
[Edited by Your Cousin Lou]
3rd August 2006 09:28 PM
ExileInLA besides Dancing In The Streets with David Bowie, this is the gayest thing Mick has handed us.
3rd August 2006 09:38 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Yes.

To shows other than the Stones.
3rd August 2006 09:47 PM
Poison Dart Oh, shit.

I meant to say sell tickets.

3rd August 2006 10:29 PM
Soldatti The Stones and Kanye West are two different worlds with two different audience.
3rd August 2006 10:44 PM
Poison Dart Your right.

That's why West is such a poor choice.
3rd August 2006 11:02 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves This is more humiliating than Timberlake.
4th August 2006 05:50 AM
Gazza
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Yeah, I know he sucks and all. But is he going to help sell some the these weak sellings dates?

absolutely right. Think about it if you were a Kanye West fan (God forbid). Would you pay those already extortionate prices to see the guy play for 45 minutes to a stadium where most of the crowd arent even in their seats and dont care anyway - and you probably cant even see him on the video screen either. And if youre not much of a Stones fan (and I cant imagine many people like both acts), then youve even less motivation to be there.

the only support acts who will help sell tickets are major rock acts who can appeal to the same audience and especially to people who were undecided about going
4th August 2006 06:56 AM
UGot2Rollme Last year at Giants the warm-up act was Alanis Morisette - definitely someone who could draw an undecided fan.
Kanye is an arrogant choice by Cohl/Stones as he will draw only a handful of die-hards and certainly won't pull anyone who saw the same show last year.

This is not the way the Stones should be saying goodbye - playing to empty seats.
4th August 2006 07:02 AM
Jumping Jack Kayne is a notorious anti-semite!!! How could Cohl book him? I swear he would sell his mother.
4th August 2006 07:07 AM
Bitch Did I miss smething? Is K West opening at Giants Stadium? He has a true following of young hip-hoppers in the NY/NJ area. Most people never know who's opening when they buy RS tickets, so the opening act rarely draws a crowd.
4th August 2006 07:11 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:

I don't know. How many tix will Kanye West buy?
4th August 2006 08:17 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:
Did I miss smething? Is K West opening at Giants Stadium? He has a true following of young hip-hoppers in the NY/NJ area. Most people never know who's opening when they buy RS tickets, so the opening act rarely draws a crowd.

true. However, if youre someone who happens to be in two minds about going (and with sales being this slow, thats the sort of potential audience they need to tempt), a support act who might appeal to the potential concert goer enough to sway them into deciding to buy a ticket, is a good thing (eg the addition of ACDC to a few slow selling German shows in 2003). In that respect, its a poor choice, although I suppose the guy was already lined up to open before the tickets went on sale anyway and they realised that business wasnt as brisk as they would have hoped
4th August 2006 08:19 AM
charlotte NEW YORK - August 3, 2006 - The Rolling Stones are returning to North America this fall with 'A Bigger Bang' then ever before bringing along one of the most important creative forces in hip-hop music today, Kanye West. The hip-hop superstar will get fans fired up on September 20th at Gillette Stadium/Boston, September 23rd at Halifax Commons/Halifax and September 27th at Giant Stadium/New Jersey. The Rolling Stones are known for bringing fans the hottest guest artists and Kanye West joins the ranks of legendary performers over the past decades such as Stevie Wonder, Pearl Jam, Dave Mathews Band and Metallica.

fuck a duck on this one you four english lads...
4th August 2006 08:28 AM
Gazza the most disturbing thing about all of this is the unfortunate headline that rs.com chose to use to announce this :

"08.03.06 Kanye West Joins The Rolling Stones"

http://www.rollingstones.com/news/news.php?uid=569

Even the Ronnie-bashers wouldnt accept THAT!

4th August 2006 09:01 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Gazza wrote:
the most disturbing thing about all of this is the unfortunate headline that rs.com chose to use to announce this :

"08.03.06 Kanye West Joins The Rolling Stones"

http://www.rollingstones.com/news/news.php?uid=569

Even the Ronnie-bashers wouldnt accept THAT!

Funny! Is he going to sing back-up with Bernard and Lisa? Maybe he is that young guitar addition that JJ talks about.
4th August 2006 09:07 AM
Some Guy I don't like it.
4th August 2006 09:09 AM
taz22 Why could they not have brought back the 'Black Eyed Peas' atleast I could have stared at Fergie's ass!
4th August 2006 09:45 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
taz22 wrote:
I could have stared at Fergie's ass!

That weight watchers must be working out for her.
4th August 2006 10:23 AM
Nasty Habits

4th August 2006 10:31 AM
Gazza
quote:
taz22 wrote:
Why could they not have brought back the 'Black Eyed Peas' atleast I could have stared at Fergie's ass!

The pay-off to that may have been that she may have chosen to repeat her unfortunate experience of a few months ago when she got 'caught short' in mid-concert and chose to share the moment with the audience...

4th August 2006 10:42 AM
the good Wow, so much talk these days about how the Stones need help to sell tickets. Very sad. If they really do need this much help, this should be the end of the big tours.
4th August 2006 10:49 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The pay-off to that may have been that she may have chosen to repeat her unfortunate experience of a few months ago when she got 'caught short' in mid-concert and chose to share the moment with the audience...

Damn, now that's hard core. I have never exerted myself to the point of pissing my pants.
4th August 2006 10:50 AM
Some Guy wrap this puppy up and call it quits and start releasing vault material.
4th August 2006 11:04 AM
mojoman
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Oh, shit.

I meant to say sell tickets.

yep i'm goin to sell my giants tix!!!
4th August 2006 11:41 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Haha!!

Post of the week.

Too many goddam white people here for me, Nasty. I'm going to go listen to Late Registration and rock out to one of the best albums I bought this year.

Yeah niggie, I'm sky high!

4th August 2006 11:47 AM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

and rock out to one of the best albums I bought this year.

Yeah niggie, I'm sky high!

4th August 2006 11:48 AM
_Boomy_ No, he won't

4th August 2006 11:51 AM
pdog It's usually dude with the same paint job as Kanye West, selling tickets outside before the show...
Anyone else ever buy a concert ticket from a black man?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)