ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Echoes: The Best Of Pink Floyd Return to archive
3rd August 2006 07:39 PM
Honky Tonk Man I've just bought this CD and while I knew I'd love the Barrett era tunes, I was unsure about the rest of it. So far, some of it I adore and some I don't. Shine On You Crazy Diamond is phenomenal and BLOODY long of course, but some of the other lengthier tracks put me to sleep.

Anyone else here own this CD?
3rd August 2006 07:41 PM
Gazza is there some kind of subliminal joke that youve posted a thread twice about something called "Echoes"?
3rd August 2006 07:42 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:
is there some kind of subliminal joke that youve posted a thread twice about something called "Echoes"?

LOL, sorry Gazza! I'm tired. The first thread (now deleted) was an accident.
3rd August 2006 08:00 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I've just bought this CD and while I knew I'd love the Barrett era tunes, I was unsure about the rest of it. So far, some of it I adore and some I don't. Shine On You Crazy Diamond is phenomenal and BLOODY long of course, but some of the other lengthier tracks put me to sleep.

Anyone else here own this CD?

I own it. Not a big fan of it though. I do agree with you on Shine on, and a few others, but for a two disc set, I didn't find much that I really enjoyed.
3rd August 2006 08:06 PM
Highwire Rob HTM -- I'm glad you started this thread because Echoes is next on my list of CDs to buy. I'd like to hear others' reviews.

RS magazine had a memorial write-up of Syd Barrett in its latest issue. A rare picture (ca. 2000) of Syd in Cambridge town on his bicycle equipped w/ handlebar bell and wicker basket was featured.

A few days after reading the article, I happened to pick up the Echoes CD in a music store just to read the track list and examine the surreal artwork that's a hallmark of PF albums.

How funny! Do you see where Syd's bicycle is featured leaning against a wall?!
3rd August 2006 09:03 PM
Jair Well, I'm kinda weird, I know, but I never liked Pink Floyd as everybody else.

Actually, when I was about 16 I said I loved them just to fuck a nice blonde & young girl, Susan.

She was mad about them, and then I said "oh yeah, oh yeah, oh yeah, but now please take your god damnpanties off, ok?

And then I made "CRAN" right inside, oh yeah!!!

See, it was about 30 yrs ago and Istill dont forgot, explaining thus how taste she was (/still is)

In the past I wasted some money buyind Pink Floyd vinyls but at the time I was on drugs, so that explains alot hee?

Now I cant no longer stand those guys, and that kind of sound really may causes me a nervous breakdown, I start to feel like Beavis & Butt Head just about to kick the tele or the stereo...

Hey, did you ever try the Explorer Beta 3?
So???
Enjoying or what?!

I'm liking. Thanks (in advance) William.

3rd August 2006 09:30 PM
Your Cousin Lou I like Pink Floyd, but I can't reccomend any compilations. Pink Floyd was an album based band, so I believe that you should buy the albums and listen to them all the way through. If you like the barrett stuff, you should buy Relics, and track down the first two disks of the tree full of secrets bootleg.
3rd August 2006 10:11 PM
Soldatti High Hopes is my favorite song there, it's the last one from their last studio album.
3rd August 2006 10:17 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:
I like Pink Floyd, but I can't reccomend any compilations. Pink Floyd was an album based band, so I believe that you should buy the albums and listen to them all the way through. If you like the barrett stuff, you should buy Relics, and track down the first two disks of the tree full of secrets bootleg.

Right on target.
4th August 2006 01:03 AM
mojoman echoes? get the album meddle(1971) thats got the real echoes on it.
4th August 2006 08:07 AM
Honky Tonk Man Highwire Rob and anone else whos interested, check out the Syd Barrett photos and articles on this great fans site. Theres a very scary picture of him at the Wish You Were Here sessions in '75.

http://www.sydbarrett.net/welcome.htm
4th August 2006 11:15 AM
Sir Stonesalot Best of Pink Floyd?

Isn't that better known as Pipers at the Gates of Dawn?
4th August 2006 01:04 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Best of Pink Floyd?

Isn't that better known as Pipers at the Gates of Dawn?

Yeah, it probably is!

Echoes is a decent enough compilation though and Pipers At The Gates Of Dawn doesn’t contain Arnold Lane or See Emily Play. Probably the two greatest singles released in '67 by ANY band, including the Stones.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)