ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: DMB Appreciation Thread Return to archive
3rd August 2006 06:53 PM
Madafaka I was wondering these days... Why do you hate Dave Matthews Band? What's wrong?

I like this band. I got the whole discography. Yeah, the whole discography.
Musically is a great band. Maybe not Rock&Roll, but they have a lot of instruments and great players. Maybe is "depressed music", but is so relaxing...

Tell me in few words, your point of view.
TIA!

PS: Serious post are much appreciated!
3rd August 2006 06:54 PM
glencar Not in love with them but I have whatever CD has "So Much To Say." A bit more pop these days than ever. Oh & I have a DVD too.
3rd August 2006 06:57 PM
JuanTCB I think Dave's voice sounds like a sheep bleating.

He seems like a nice guy, though. That time he tried to sue a bunch of indie record stores for selling live boots notwithstanding, of course.
3rd August 2006 07:08 PM
Poplar Saw Phish 50+ times. Never saw Dave.
That will change next month, have tix for a show right near my home. Kinda looking forward to it. And amazingly, for awesome seats, just 30 bucks. Imagine that.
3rd August 2006 07:46 PM
snap13
quote:
Madafaka wrote:
I was wondering these days... Why do you hate Dave Matthews Band? What's wrong?

Musically is a great band. Maybe not Rock&Roll, but they have a lot of instruments and great players. Maybe is "depressed music", but is so relaxing...

TIA!

I LOVE DAVE MATTHEWS.. JUST SAW THEM TWICE AT THE MEADOWS MUSIC THEATER.....2ND NIGHT WAS MUCH BETTER. FIRST NIGHT A BIT MELLOW!!!HAD 4TH ROW AND 9TH ROW..!!!! DAMN DAVE IS HOT!!!

3rd August 2006 07:49 PM
snap13
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

TIA!

I LOVE DAVE MATTHEWS.. JUST SAW THEM TWICE AT THE MEADOWS MUSIC THEATER.....2ND NIGHT WAS MUCH BETTER. FIRST NIGHT A BIT MELLOW!!!HAD 4TH ROW AND 9TH ROW..!!!! DAMN DAVE IS HOT!!!

3rd August 2006 09:33 PM
Trey Krimsin Dave Matthews is a horrible singer. Their music doesn't seem to interest me in the very least. That's why I hate them so much.
4th August 2006 09:39 AM
Madafaka Thank you all.
Looks like the big problem of the band is DM!

[Edited by Madafaka]
4th August 2006 09:46 AM
winter Talented musicians. But I just don't get it.

I will begrudingly admit that I do occasionally listen to the acoustic cd with Tim Reynolds - who can play his ass off.

wintah
4th August 2006 09:50 AM
UGot2Rollme
quote:
JuanTCB wrote:
I think Dave's voice sounds like a sheep bleating.

LOL - I agree.

I have first couple of CD's, there are some good trax.
Saw them live once and was actually kind of bored.
4th August 2006 09:53 AM
Jumacfly Same here, I can't stand his voice!
But I also like the pusycat dolls ,so...
4th August 2006 11:08 AM
Sir Stonesalot DMB is like the Eagles. It's rock n roll lite...for people who don't really give a shit about rock n roll music. I liken it to Muzak. Music that is made to be off in the background somewhere. Piped in dentist office or supermarket music. Completely bland, banal, unoffensive, and unobtrusive. It's fluff. It's nothing. It's just there.

You know, like A Bigger Bang....
4th August 2006 11:10 AM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

4th August 2006 11:12 AM
Joey
quote:
Madafaka wrote:

[kins]

[Edited by Joey]
4th August 2006 11:14 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
DMB is like the Eagles. It's rock n roll lite...for people who don't really give a shit about rock n roll music. I liken it to Muzak. Music that is made to be off in the background somewhere. Piped in dentist office or supermarket music. Completely bland, banal, unoffensive, and unobtrusive. It's fluff. It's nothing. It's just there.

I somehow missed this dandy.

I was away at school and only got laid one time. And that was about seven months after I was there. Only went out two times in a year! I was away a year basically. You do the math.--IanBillen 5/19/06

Ian is one skilled poster!!
4th August 2006 11:24 AM
Sir Stonesalot Even with all of my posting prowess and experience...I could never come up with the stuff that Ian comes up with.

He is "The Natural".

4th August 2006 01:48 PM
Madafaka
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
DMB is like the Eagles. It's rock n roll lite...for people who don't really give a shit about rock n roll music. I liken it to Muzak. Music that is made to be off in the background somewhere. Piped in dentist office or supermarket music. Completely bland, banal, unoffensive, and unobtrusive. It's fluff. It's nothing. It's just there.

I agree in some points. Thank you for sharing!
4th August 2006 02:18 PM
Chuck The singer sucks.

Boyd's solos are lame.

Where's the electric guitar?

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)