ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Stones will play Europe in 2007" - Jo Wood Return to archive
3rd August 2006 06:31 PM
Gazza http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,493122

Original story here (in Dutch) : http://www.stonesforum.nl/index.php?topic=77338.0

Some other signs ;

Bjornulf on IORR reckons they'll play a mostly arena tour starting next April/May, and there may be a large scale free show somewhere a la Copacabana

Blondie Chaplin was interviewed by Vilhelm from Stonesvikings last week and stated that he would be in Europe next April for solo gigs, which (in Vilhemlm's words) would tie in nicely with a Stones tour soon after

[Edited by Gazza]
3rd August 2006 06:34 PM
RollingstonesUSA Sweet!
3rd August 2006 06:37 PM
Madafaka Wow!
3rd August 2006 06:42 PM
glencar It's so nice!
3rd August 2006 07:32 PM
Gimme Shelter It's not over yet.
3rd August 2006 08:02 PM
FM The shows are wide open - the tour is a bust.

Thought I would get in early.

Fraser
3rd August 2006 09:01 PM
pdog I predicted Gazza would post this...
3rd August 2006 09:29 PM
ExileInLA great.

who will open these shows? Zanger Bob? (If you don't know who this guy is and you need a good laugh, please look him up).
3rd August 2006 10:09 PM
Soldatti The never end tour.
4th August 2006 04:51 AM
F505 That's the worst news I heard in ages.
4th August 2006 05:16 AM
egon jo says they come back to do the CANCELLED shows

4th August 2006 05:20 AM
F505
quote:
egon wrote:
jo says they come back to do the CANCELLED shows

I thought Ron was the alcoholic.
4th August 2006 05:27 AM
Gazza
quote:
egon wrote:
jo says they come back to do the CANCELLED shows

remember that something may have been lost in the translation. However, you get the point
4th August 2006 05:36 AM
Voodoo Scrounge If they cant sell out these stadiums first time round. Why would they bother comming back again next year
4th August 2006 05:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
If they cant sell out these stadiums first time round. Why would they bother comming back again next year

1) because they can sell out arenas quite easily

2) because some of the shows that were cancelled were actually sold out

3) because (hopefully) they have an ounce of compassion the half million or so fans who didnt get their shows rescheduled this summer.

They misjudged the market badly this year - and they'll make the same mistake in America in the autumn. With no World Cup next year, arena dates and prices that arent ridiculous the Stones could tour Europe every year quite easily.
[Edited by Gazza]
4th August 2006 05:44 AM
Voodoo Scrounge well theres me told
4th August 2006 05:50 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
1) because they can sell out arenas quite easily

Depends. If the cheapest tickets will be around 100 euro and the most expensive ones close to 300, they can forgedaboutit on the mainland.

Oh, and didn't Charlie want to quit after 2006?

If they indeed mostly play smaller arenas, it might restore some faith with the 'fans', but I think the Stones have created a lot of bad blood this time around over here: cancellations, prices, shitty echo-domes, 90% done-to-death-setlists.

If they play mostly stadiums again, they might as well bury themselves.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
4th August 2006 05:53 AM
Gazza
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Depends. If the cheapest tickets will be around 100 euro and the most expensive ones close to 300, they can forgedaboutit on the mainland.

If they indeed mostly play smaller arenas, it might restore some faith with the 'fans', but I think the Stones have created a lot of bad blood this time around over here: cancellations, prices, shitty echo-domes, 90% done-to-death-setlists.

If they play mostly stadiums again, they might as well bury themselves.

the Stones will never be able to sell a stadium tour in Europe again, due to over familiarity and bad feeling created by this one

and if the ticket prices are higher than on this trek, thats not going to help either. Like I said, the emphasis is on 'sensible' prices. Do that, and they could fill arenas every year as theyre smaller here than in the US.
4th August 2006 05:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
well theres me told

LOL
4th August 2006 06:03 AM
Jumacfly Good news!

Licks shows in arenas were fantastic.
Love in Vain for example was a real highlight.
4th August 2006 06:08 AM
F505
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Good news!

Licks shows in arenas were fantastic.
Love in Vain for example was a real highlight.

I disagree. The Ahoy' show in Rotterdam was quite lame (not the setlist but the playing).
4th August 2006 06:20 AM
Zeeta Would this still be the "On Stage" tour?

What a load of shit that is; "On stage" - they must have been "On crack" when they thought of that.

How come these tours start off with such deluisions of grandeur and then pitter out into shite.

i.e. The licks tour was supposed to have a gig based around a certain album and then it just got forgotten about. These "On crack" tickets - I've rarely heard of people getting these tix and when they do it seems a underwhelming experience.

Just say "this is gonna be a bog standard tour but we will fuckin play loud" or something like that - oh and stick to it!

Anyway, i welcome this leg.

But what are we going to dub this leg?

The Big Guilt Euro tour?!

[Edited by Zeeta]
4th August 2006 07:13 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
F505 wrote:

I disagree. The Ahoy' show in Rotterdam was quite lame (not the setlist but the playing).

Hi F505
oh not you again
LOL, Bercy was a good one but you re right I can't judge a tour with only one arena show
Anyway it's still better than watching them on a screen..
Im tired of the moon on the screen during slipping away!!!
4th August 2006 08:46 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
F505 wrote:

True. They messed up quite a bit that night, shame with a nice setlist going for them!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)