ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: IZZY STRADLIN' SINGING JIVING SISTER FANNY ! - VIDEO Return to archive
3rd August 2006 02:35 PM
Bruno JJF, Wild Horses, Sway... and now, Jiving Sister Fanny! Never though I would ever see him doing this one. The guy is a true rocker! Video from 1992. Of course, he lacks the strong vocal Mick gave to the song but it is nice anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcQt-oGcGVY&search=izzy%20stradlin%27
3rd August 2006 02:37 PM
RollingstonesUSA Awesome stuff!
3rd August 2006 02:38 PM
sirmoonie Friggin cool, mang! Nice find!
3rd August 2006 02:41 PM
Saint Sway btw, the geetar player on that is Rick Richards from the Georgia Satellites.

Killer slide player. Bad ass cat. Very underated.

must be something in the water in GA. Cuz those Georgia boys sure can out play the Stones

[Edited by Saint Sway]
3rd August 2006 02:47 PM
Gimme Shelter Cool, I wish the Stones would play this live. I have always loved this song.
3rd August 2006 03:36 PM
_Boomy_ Why don't they just get Izzy to open up at these shows?

Instead they get Polo Boy. Something isn't right here. I thought they were supposed to go out with a Big Bang, but a SBD (silent but deadly) seems to be more fitting at this particular moment.

3rd August 2006 03:37 PM
glencar If only Kanye would stay silent...
3rd August 2006 05:42 PM
Carol Sigmaringa Izzy is the man!!!
He is so rock n' roll.
Axl and Izzy playing Sway last week is just amazing. Wish I was there...
3rd August 2006 07:05 PM
GimmeExile Thanks for finding this gem! Love that Izzy Stradlin...
3rd August 2006 07:19 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
btw, the geetar player on that is Rick Richards from the Georgia Satellites.

Killer slide player. Bad ass cat. Very underated.

must be something in the water in GA. Cuz those Georgia boys sure can out play the Stones

[Edited by Saint Sway]

Sway do you know Rick Richards? I know that cat well. He,Rick Price,and Dan Baird were the best bar band I ever had the pleasure to see live. They used to play at this little hole right down the street form my crib in Buckhead(Atlanta). The place was called Hedgens and it was the greatest,dirtiest,piss,stale smoke,and cigarette smelling rock and roll dive that I have ever partied at. Anywho,....The Satellites used to rip it up there every Friday night. Good times! Damn good times!

Riffy
4th August 2006 03:05 PM
Saint Sway Riffy, I never met Rick. Met Izzy at a Rich Robinson show. Huge fan of the Satellites and all things Rick Richards though. I know Keith Christopher from the original Keith & The Satellites lineup. He plays with Dan Baird (and just about every other artist you can think of). Got to party a bit with Baird and the other Yayhoos. Keith is a really good guy. Fun and crazy as hell. He could be an honorary member of the Faces - he's got the "spirit"!

Izzy would be a great replacement for Woody. Just sayin.
5th August 2006 06:30 AM
Bitch Ah ha huh huh!

Jiving Sista Fanny rocks!

Bruno, thanks for posting this!
5th August 2006 08:11 AM
corgi37 Isnt it funny how others have to tell them how great their songs are? I would trade 90% of the set list for this song.

This song really, really reminds me of Naked Eye by the Who. Well, sort of. Naked Eye was a throw away track on Odds & Sods, a kinda Who rarity album. Yet, it went on to be a live staple, and fucking awesome too! The 82 version from Canada makes ya cry.

Jiving Sister Fanny is on a Stones rarities album, Metamorphosis - as we all know. And, if they had the balls, could have been a great live rocker. They could have gained some mileage out of it, like the Who did.

I also find it odd that all the interesting Stones "slapped together" albums, are ones not sanctioned by them!
5th August 2006 10:20 AM
FrankiePeppers
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
Isnt it funny how others have to tell them how great their songs are? I would trade 90% of the set list for this song.

Right on. It's iteresting that other acts are more ambitious/adventurous with the Stones' catalog than they themselves are.
5th August 2006 10:21 AM
glencar The Stones need to do this!
5th August 2006 11:47 AM
Jiving Sister Jan That was great! Thanks.
I have always said they should do this one live.
It's my favorite song after Gimme Shelter.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)