ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Foxboro/Giants/Halifax opener is... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
3rd August 2006 07:57 PM
JesusMe Are they looking for an excuse to cancel the tour? Who the hell is going to buy a ticket now,, Yea some Kanye fans will get excited to see them opening for the Stones, then they will log on to ticketmaster and see a medicore seat costs $160 and turn away

I was waiting to see if a decent opening act was opening, now I definetly wont buy a ticket in advance, or I will just head down to the Stadium and try and buy a few extras for $20 bux in the lot
3rd August 2006 07:57 PM
ExileInLA why are they picking the gayest shit ever? this whole tour has been a joke.
3rd August 2006 07:59 PM
CraigP At one point, I thought his name was spelled and pronounced K A Y N E (cane) West
untill someone informed me that it is K A N Y E (kahn-yay) West.

I am a young man of 20 years and still didn't know, nor care.

He's the black Christian-hip-hop dude that got famous for that oh-so-intelligent statement regarding Hurricane Katrina stating "George W. doesn't care about black people" (on national tv) in regards to FEMA's fuck-ups. He had that silly minor hit song: "Lean Back" where he looks like a fool in the music video for the song while, you guessed it, was leaning back.

Just another one hit wonder of last year.

Fuck him.

[Edited by CraigP]
3rd August 2006 08:02 PM
The_Worst This is one of the worse moments in the history of the Stones...I was so looking forward to Giants Stadium...Now I guess I'll be staying home...
3rd August 2006 08:03 PM
Poison Dart What happened to The Who,Aerosmith or Guns and Roses?
3rd August 2006 08:06 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
CraigP wrote:
At one point, I thought his name was spelled and pronounced K A Y N E (cane) West
untill someone informed me that it is K A N Y E (kahn-yay) West.

I am a young man of 20 years and still didn't know, nor care.

He's the black Christian-hip-hop dude that got famous for that oh-so-intelligent statement regarding Hurricane Katrina stating "George W. doesn't care about black people" (on national tv) in regards to FEMA's fuck-ups. He had that silly minor hit song: "Lean Back" where he looks like a fool in the music video for the song while, you guessed it, was leaning back.

Just another one hit wonder of last year.

Fuck him.

[Edited by CraigP]

Well I MUST correct you (though I'm not a fan) Kanye West has been around for a few years now, and has had SEVERAL Hits including at least 3 #1's, He's not a one-hit-wonder:

Hits include

Diamonds from sierra lione
gold digger
jesus walks
touch the sky

and a few others....just thought i'd let you know
3rd August 2006 08:08 PM
ExileInLA
quote:
Black and Blue wrote:

Well I MUST correct you (though I'm not a fan) Kanye West has been around for a few years now, and has had SEVERAL Hits including at least 3 #1's, He's not a one-hit-wonder:

Hits include

Diamonds from sierra lione
gold digger
jesus walks
touch the sky

and a few others....just thought i'd let you know

why do you know so much about that douche bag?
3rd August 2006 08:08 PM
LadyJane The last opener I actually enjoyed was Living Color on the B2B Tour.

I honestly NEVER CARE who the hell it is, but this........this..............just show videos for a couple of hours or crank some reggae and blues.

Kanye West........yuck.

LJ.
3rd August 2006 08:21 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
The last opener I actually enjoyed was Living Color on the B2B Tour.

I honestly NEVER CARE who the hell it is, but this........this..............just show videos for a couple of hours or crank some reggae and blues.

Kanye West........yuck.

LJ.

Living Color on the B2B Tour? I knew they opened on the Steel Wheels Tour,but B2B?

The two openers that I enjoyed were The Stray Cats in Atlanta '81,and,shockingly,The Corrs on the NS Tour. Those girls are hot! They actually got a small standing ovation in Philly.

Riffy
3rd August 2006 08:24 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Living Color on the B2B Tour? I knew they opened on the Steel Wheels Tour,but B2B?

DUH.

I meant Steel Wheels.

See...I really don't care nor remember much about the opening acts.

I had Shaggy in Ft Lauderdale and Miami for Licks. The horror.

LJ.
3rd August 2006 08:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Those girls are hot! They actually got a small standing ovation in Philly.

I bet they did. Literally
3rd August 2006 08:46 PM
Riffhard
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

DUH.

I meant Steel Wheels.

See...I really don't care nor remember much about the opening acts.

I had Shaggy in Ft Lauderdale and Miami for Licks. The horror.

LJ.

I am so sick of Jagger pandering to the lowest common denominator of his idea of cool!! Kanye West?!?!?! Are you fucking kidding me? For the first time I am truly embarrassed to admit to being a fan! This is all Mick's doing too. Make no mistake about that! He is so vainly trying to appear to be hip and trendy,and it just makes him look that much more out of it. Hang it up guys! For God's sake call it quits if you can't do better than this. I never thought I'd hear myself say it,but this is absolutly pafuckingthetic!

Kanye Fucking West isn't fit to even carry the Stones jocks. At least not back in the day. Now days anyone that Jagger deems commercially viable gets the nod!

I chalked up the Timberfuck episode as a result of the Stones trying to attract as many as possible for the bennefit of the charity,but this is inexcuseable in my book! I may not attend any shows this time!

Kanye West?!?! What a fucking joke!

Riffy
3rd August 2006 08:54 PM
pdog Riffy many of us are "slipping away".
3rd August 2006 09:01 PM
Maxlugar [quote]ExileInLA wrote:

YEAH! BURN HIM!!!! BURN HIM!!! WITCH!! WITCH!!!

3rd August 2006 09:14 PM
glencar I've actually seen several good/great openers. Pretenders, Living Color, Foo Fighters, that "Last Night" band, that "Hanging By A Moment" band, Thorogood, a few others. Kayne West sucks.
3rd August 2006 09:15 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]ExileInLA wrote:

YEAH! BURN HIM!!!! BURN HIM!!! WITCH!! WITCH!!!

Macky what ya say we buck up for some Golden Circle Seats and go watch Kanye? Sound good? I'll pick a case of Olde English forties. You bring the cherry flavored blunt wraps and I'll pick up the schwag! Just let me know. TIA!

Kickin' it East Coast style yo!

Riffy

3rd August 2006 09:18 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
ExileInLA wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_west

Ever heard of wikipedia?
3rd August 2006 09:20 PM
Your Cousin Lou I haven't heard anything by Mr. West, but I'm going to keep an open mind about the whole thing. Personally, I would pay to see this show without an opening act, and I don't care for the alternate bands mentioned, like Aerosmith or Guns And Roses, who I have always found to be Stones imitating hacks.
[Edited by Your Cousin Lou]
3rd August 2006 09:21 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
Your Cousin Lou wrote:
I haven't heard anything by Mr. West, but I'm going to keep an open mind about the whole thing. Personally, I would pay to see this show without an opening act, and I don't care for the alternate bands mentioned, like Aerosmith or Guns And Roses, who I have always found to be Stones imitating hacks.

Aerosmith are imitators, but GNR (old GNR) were good
3rd August 2006 09:27 PM
ExileInLA this is the problem. the stones are a rock and roll band that doesn't need the following (if they actually gave a shit and tried):

1)extra musicians
2)opening acts
3)encores (like the old days)
4)stadium shows
5)ridiculous stage dressing
6)mick's choreographed stage moves/dancing

they should play 2 - 2.5 hour shows with better sets and more effort.

the Some Girls era changed this band forever and they have never been the same since.
3rd August 2006 09:32 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
Black and Blue wrote:

Aerosmith are imitators, but GNR (old GNR) were good

OK, but this band is not old GNR.
3rd August 2006 09:32 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle On a positive note, the down time between Kanye and the Stones should be fairly short.

After all, how long does it take a stage crew to break down a mic?
3rd August 2006 09:35 PM
SweetVirginia Here are the lyrics for Mick & Kanye's duet:

Gold Digger (aka Michael Cohl)

He take yo money when you in need
Yea he’s a trifflin friend indeed
Oh he’s a gold digga way over town
That dig's on you

[Chorus:]

Now I aint sayin Cohl’s a gold digger
But he aint messin wit no broke niggaz
Now I aint sayin Cohl’s a gold digger
but he aint messin wit no broke niggaz
get down Mike go head get down
get down Mike go head

18 years, 18 years
He been scoring for the Stones for 18 years
He knows Mick’s payin child support for 10 of his kids
Mick’s baby momma's all want some of his
You will see him on stage on Sunday
In the Superbowl and drive off wit your money.
He makes sure Mick & Keith get all ya money
They need it mo than you need ya money
They say, “Thank you Michael” fo da money
Should of got 10 shows for ya moneeey
But you a punk holla $450 fo ONE ticket???
WE WANT FRONT ROW! Yeaah
It's something that you need to have
Cause when Stones quit tourin’ yo ass is gone
18 years, 18 years
You’ll owe on yo credit card for 18 years.

3rd August 2006 10:42 PM
Soldatti Josh had a heart attack after this news!
Flush.
3rd August 2006 11:06 PM
Dan
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
What happened to The Who,Aerosmith or Guns and Roses?

The first 2 were unsubstantiated rumors and both bands have their own tours playing the Boston and NYC area and likely want way way too much money for a performance regardless of their position on the bill. Both bands are pretty much motivated by the same thing the Stones are.
3rd August 2006 11:21 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

The first 2 were unsubstantiated rumors and both bands have their own tours playing the Boston and NYC area and likely want way way too much money for a performance regardless of their position on the bill. Both bands are pretty much motivated by the same thing the Stones are.

And the 3rd one...
Sucks now!
4th August 2006 12:48 AM
mmdog
Are people really considering boycotting because of an opening act? Who the fuck cares. This is the way they have always done it. R&B,Rock, Reggae and Country acts. How is this any different? By the way if the Stones released a single that featured Kayne West, that would be a desperate attempt to appear on TRL. Having him as a opening act is not.
4th August 2006 12:50 AM
pdog
quote:
mmdog wrote:

Are people really considering boycotting because of an opening act? Who the fuck cares. This is the way they have always done it. R&B,Rock, Reggae and Country acts. How is this any different? By the way if the Stones released a single that featured Kayne West, that would be a desperate attempt to appear on TRL. Having him as a opening act is not.

I'm not going b/c they don't care, why should I?
One show, in parking lot a few minutes before the band goes on!
4th August 2006 08:04 AM
Bitch Does anyone care who the opening act is? When you buy the tickets you don't usually know who the act is going to be. Almost every RS concert I have seen with various "Stones people", no one wanted to go in until the RS were almost ready to take the stage. So I would say no one cares who it is, because we're not there for the openers, we are there only for the STONES!
4th August 2006 09:12 AM
Some Guy All the hip hop fans will be enlightened to a bigger bang and sales will skyrocket. Maybe not.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)