ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Where's the outrage.? Return to archive Page: 1 2
2nd August 2006 03:55 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
good analogy. I was only pissed at the Israelis the first week. I like what they're doing now despite that incident at Qana.

I'm not sure who is even to blame for Qana. Israel apologized, even though it might possibly have been self inflicted or a site where missiles were put near civilians.
The fog of war is one thing, it's another to bring a smoke machine and kill your own fucking people!
We give them quarter, even though they give us none!
That is why we are better than them, and why Israel will triumph!
2nd August 2006 03:57 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
glencar wrote:
good analogy. I was only pissed at the Israelis the first week. I like what they're doing now despite that incident at Qana.

Can we just look at this rationally?...if wars are going to be fought to the standard the world is holding Israel, is there ever a war that can be won?...now unless you're one of those folks that thinks that war is never necessary, even when someone is waging war against you, you really have to rethink your criticism...and in this instance, given the track record of Hezbollah and their stated goals, there is not much, IMO, to debate here...the measures Israel has taken to avoid civilian casualties are unprecedented...leaflets, phone calls, etc...do you think the Chinese are going to alert the American population of their impending invasion via reverse 911?
2nd August 2006 04:02 PM
Some Guy do you think the Chinese are going to alert the American population of their impending invasion via reverse 911?

-Please elaborate on this prediction.
2nd August 2006 04:03 PM
Starbuck
quote:
13,000 + rockets for no other purpose than to kill civilians...why do the apologists ignore that fact?...I mean is Hezbollah getting a free pass just because they suck at killing innocents?

you are so misunderstanding the stance of the "apologists". no one can make excuses for the sub humans that are lobbing rockets into civilian areas in israel.

but the severity of the response is what is bringing about the condemnation of israel by the world community. if someone is tossing M80s through the front window of your house, you don't respond by mowing them down with the bazooka, grenade launcher and AK 47 that you keep stashed under your pillow, wiping out half the neighborhood in the process....

what you do is call the A Team...

2nd August 2006 04:08 PM
Fiji Joe [quote]Starbuck wrote:

but the severity of the response is what is bringing about the condemnation of israel by the world community. if someone is tossing M80s through the front window of your house, you don't respond by mowing them down with the bazooka, grenade launcher and AK 47 that you keep stashed under your pillow, wiping out half the neighborhood in the process....

--------

What solution do you suggest?...that might help me here...
2nd August 2006 04:08 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
do you think the Chinese are going to alert the American population of their impending invasion via reverse 911?

-Please elaborate on this prediction.

Wake up negroe!
2nd August 2006 04:12 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

but the severity of the response is what is bringing about the condemnation of israel by the world community.

I believe that to be very much untrue in most cases...I believe there is much more driving this condemnation...and I think you do too
2nd August 2006 04:12 PM
Starbuck i'm still working on a solution...i'll get back to you after i get condi on the horn....

don't the israelis realize that they are sustaining hezbollah for the next two decades with this war? even the lebonese that hated hezbollah are being driven into their waiting arms now...this action will provide fresh recruits for hezbollah until well after "pirates of the carribean 16" is released into theaters in 2019.
2nd August 2006 04:21 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
if someone is tossing M80s through the front window of your house, you don't respond by mowing them down with the bazooka, grenade launcher and AK 47 that you keep stashed under your pillow, wiping out half the neighborhood in the process....

M80's don't kill people. In this case I would use a baseball bat... If it was a half stick or more, I would use my gun, my aim is good too!
If they threw a hand grenade, ran home like a little bitch and hid behind their Momy, I wouldn't tryo to shoot her, but I wouldn't walk away either.
All this is metaphorical, since in The USA, I could just call 911 and wait 1/2 an hour for a cop to show up.

2nd August 2006 04:22 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
i'm still working on a solution...i'll get back to you after i get condi on the horn....

don't the israelis realize that they are sustaining hezbollah for the next two decades with this war? even the lebonese that hated hezbollah are being driven into their waiting arms now...this action will provide fresh recruits for hezbollah until well after "pirates of the carribean 16" is released into theaters in 2019.

I have always found this reasoning lame...no offense...but these are the same type of people who have condemned Denmark over a friggin' cartoon...their irrational racist thought should not be pandered to...if you think it's only the radicals who are being taught to hate you're wrong

Hezbollah had established a state within a state in the midsts of these "non-supporters"...they were gaining parliment seats at every election...why do you think that was?...and how much do you really know about the efforts Hezbollah was taking to win the hearts of the Lebanese...societies only tolerate the hate with which they themselves believe or refuse to deny
2nd August 2006 04:29 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I believe that to be very much untrue in most cases...I believe there is much more driving this condemnation...and I think you do too

Connect the dots. Iran wants Israel destroyed, funds Hezbollah, Europe the continent were 6 million jews were killed blames Israel! America, the country who saved the world from fascism in the 1940's stand alone in helping Israel...
If it was any clearer I might need to shield my eyes!

2nd August 2006 04:33 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
societies only tolerate the hate with which they themselves believe or refuse to deny

See Germany 1933 for more info on this truth!

Not all German were Nazi's, but all Nazi's were mostly German.
Not all Muslims are Jihadists, but most jihadists are muslims!

2nd August 2006 04:43 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

See Germany 1933 for more info on this truth!

Not all German were Nazi's, but all Nazi's were mostly German.
Not all Muslims are Jihadists, but most jihadists are muslims!

One might also see, in part, the American Civil War

There are far too many people unwilling to see this as a clash of cultures and unwilling, for whatever reason, to acknowledge that they have already deemed their culture correct...some cultures are just dangerous...regardless of the basis of their existence...you would not teach your children what the people of these cultures teach their children...you would not treat your women as these cultures treat their women...there is some irony in the fact that some of the most vocal opponents of American religious intolerance and the religious right now stand in defense of a far greater religious intolerance...
2nd August 2006 04:47 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
pdog wrote:

Connect the dots. Iran wants Israel destroyed, funds Hezbollah, Europe the continent were 6 million jews were killed blames Israel! America, the country who saved the world from fascism in the 1940's stand alone in helping Israel...
If it was any clearer I might need to shield my eyes!

Like this Pdog..ripped from today's headlines...

Rome: Jewish shops defaced with swastikas

About 20 shops owned by Jews vandalized in apparent neo-fascist attack linked to fighting in Middle East. Flyers signed by group calling itself Armed Revolutionary Fascists left at the shops denouncing 'Zionist economy,' including pro-Hizbullah slogans

Jewish shops across Rome were vandalized and defaced with swastikas in an apparent neo-fascist attack linked to fighting in the Middle East, officials said Wednesday.

Owners of about 20 shops in the center and outskirts of the Italian capital reached their workplace Tuesday morning to find door locks filled with glue, shutters nailed closed and swastikas defacing nearby walls, said Riccardo Pacifici, a spokesman for Rome's Jewish Community.

Hatred Abroad

Australia: Jewish community center attacked / Ynet

For second time in a week, Jewish institution attacked in Sydney when would-be arsonists target community center in city. Australian Jewish organizations: Incident related to conflict in Lebanon

Although not all the shops targeted were owned by Jews, the raid was apparently conducted in reaction to hostilities between Israel and Hizbullah, Pacifici said.

Flyers signed by a group calling itself Armed Revolutionary Fascists were left at the shops denouncing "the Zionist economy" and including pro-Hizbullah slogans, Pacifici said.

"There are still anti-Semites in Italy," Pacifici said. He told The Associated Press that Italian Jewish organizations have been flooded with dozens of e-mails blaming Jews for violence in the Middle East.

Rome Mayor Walter Veltroni condemned the vandalism.

"Rome and Romans are against any form of anti-Semitism," Veltroni, was quoted as saying by the Corriere della Sera
daily. "I hope that the authors of these actions will soon answer for them in court."

Police officials declined to comment on the investigation. Last month, swastikas were spray-painted on walls in the Old Ghetto - Rome's ancient Jewish neighborhood - while hundreds of thousands of soccer fans gathered in the nearby Circus Maximus to celebrate Italy's victory in the World Cup.
2nd August 2006 04:53 PM
pdog
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

One might also see, in part, the American Civil War

There are far too many people unwilling to see this as a clash of cultures and unwilling, for whatever reason, to acknowledge that they have already deemed their culture correct...some cultures are just dangerous...regardless of the basis of their existence...you would not teach your children what the people of these cultures teach their children...you would not treat your women as these cultures treat their women...there is some irony in the fact that some of the most vocal opponents of American religious intolerance and the religious right now stand in defense of a far greater religious intolerance...

IE: The Democrats who would hug their way to peace!
2nd August 2006 05:19 PM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
BTW Iraqis killing each other doesn't excuse Israel's abhorrent killing of innocent Lebanese.

no you are correct but it shows the slanted bias that is spewed around the world.

and just for a point here why is it okay to blow up civilians in isreal not ever targeting soldiers or anything. yet when isreal try's to bomb out hezbolleh who do a good job blending as/with civilian it is wrong?
2nd August 2006 05:22 PM
Starbuck pdog....you used to be such a good left leaning libertarian....

what happened to you in that hotel in times square????
2nd August 2006 05:29 PM
pdog
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
pdog....you used to be such a good left leaning libertarian....

what happened to you in that hotel in times square????

I still loves a sweet looking turd cutter!
You know what I'm saying...
2nd August 2006 05:36 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

...where is the day of rage?

Tell Me About it !!!

|
|
|
V

http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpenny.htm

Current Amount

08/01/2006 $8,436,303,577,225.15

Current
Month

08/01/2006 $8,436,303,577,225.15

Prior
Months

07/31/2006 $8,444,346,806,853.08
06/30/2006 $8,420,041,947,892.19
05/31/2006 $8,356,776,604,649.14
04/28/2006 $8,355,718,074,718.49
03/31/2006 $8,371,156,293,376.33
02/28/2006 $8,269,885,515,386.04
01/31/2006 $8,196,070,437,599.52
12/30/2005 $8,170,424,541,313.62
11/30/2005 $8,092,322,205,720.65
10/31/2005 $8,027,123,404,214.36
2nd August 2006 05:41 PM
glencar
quote:
chevysales wrote:

no you are correct but it shows the slanted bias that is spewed around the world.

and just for a point here why is it okay to blow up civilians in isreal not ever targeting soldiers or anything. yet when isreal try's to bomb out hezbolleh who do a good job blending as/with civilian it is wrong?

Good point to consider. Unlike anyone else, I ahve an open mind on this situation; maybe too open....developing...
2nd August 2006 07:29 PM
Riffhard I can't believe that people even have the audacity to claim that Israel is acting with "an inordinate amount of force"!?!?! Are you fucking kidding me?! That is the most limp wristed,unrealistic,pansified,faggoty fucking responce I have ever heard!

Look if a group of thugs break into my house with baseball bats with the express desire to kill me and my family would it be wrong for me to blow their fucking heads off with a shotgun? I mean afterall a shotgun is certainly not proportionaly the same as a baseball bat? Ofcourse not! If I were Israel I would be turning whole swaths of the Middle East into sheets of glass and I would tell Western Europe and the UN to fuck right off!

Time for the world to wake the fuck up and get on board here! Radical Islam is a cancer all over the planet from the Philipines,Indonesia,Sub Saharra Africa,North Africa,Europe,everywhere!!

Radical Islam must be killed. Period. No fucking other answer is out there. We must make it so unbearable for them to wage war that they stop attacking. The world has forgotten just ugly war can get I guess?! In WWII Japan attacked Pearl Harbor and killed about 3,000 American GI's. We answered by waging the most violent war the Pacific has ever seen. We lost over 18,000 on Iwo Jima alone! Then we we killed hundreds of thousand of Japanese with two bombs. Guess what? It ended the goddamned war!! Time to let fucking Alah sort these barbarians out. Take off the fucking gloves and let the US,and our allies,wage a all out war of these fuckers. That war is coming whether we want it or not. I'd rather wage it on our terms and start unleashing the wrath of hellfire on these assholes.

Riffy
3rd August 2006 08:28 AM
corgi37 Said it before, will say it again.

Drop some Neutron bombs on the whole bloody place as this shit will never end.
4th August 2006 11:27 AM
goatshead I think this is a brilliant article written by a writer for the Ma'ariv newspaper:

"We Will Not Capitulate"

Ben Caspit proposes the text for a speech by the Prime Minister that would explain to the world exactly what we’re fighting for

July 31, 2006
Ladies and gentlemen, leaders of the world. I, the Prime Minister of Israel, am speaking to you from Jerusalem in the face of the terrible pictures from Kfar Kana. Any human heart, wherever it is, must sicken and recoil at the sight of such pictures. There are no words of comfort that can mitigate the enormity of this tragedy. Still, I am looking you straight in the eye and telling you that the State of Israel will continue its military campaign in Lebanon.

The Israel Defense Forces will continue to attack targets from which missiles and Katyusha rockets are fired at hospitals, old age homes and kindergartens in Israel. I have instructed the security forces and the IDF to continue to hunt for the Katyusha stockpiles and launch sites from which these savages are bombarding the State of Israel.

We will not hesitate, we will not apologize and we will not back off. If they continue to launch missiles into Israel from Kfar Kana, we will continue to bomb Kfar Kana. Today, tomorrow and the day after tomorrow. Here, there and everywhere. The children of
Kfar Kana could now be sleeping peacefully in their homes, unmolested, had the agents of the devil not taken over their land and turned the lives of our children into hell.

Ladies and gentlemen, it’s time you understood: the Jewish state will no longer be trampled upon. We will no longer allow anyone to exploit population centers in order to bomb our citizens. No one will be able to hide anymore behind women and children in order to kill our women and children. This anarchy is over. You can condemn us, you can boycott us, you can stop visiting us and, if necessary, we will stop visiting you.

A voice for six million citizens

Today I am serving as the voice of six million bombarded Israeli citizens who serve as the voice of six million murdered Jews who were melted down to dust and ashes by savages in Europe. In both cases, those responsible for these evil acts were, and are, barbarians devoid of all humanity, who set themselves one simple goal: to wipe the Jewish race off the face of the earth, as Adolph Hitler said, or to wipe the State of Israel off the map, as Mahmoud Ahmedinjad proclaims.

And you - just as you did not take those words seriously then, you are ignoring them again now. And that, ladies and gentlemen, leaders of the world, will not happen again. Never again will we wait for bombs that never came to hit the gas chambers. Never again will we wait for salvation that never arrives. Now we have our own air force. The Jewish people are now capable of standing up to those who seek their destruction - those people will no longer be able to hide behind women and children. They will no longer be able to evade their responsibility.

Every place from which a Katyusha is fired into the State of Israel will be a legitimate target for us to attack. This must be stated clearly and publicly, once and for all. You are welcome to judge us, to ostracize us, to boycott us and to vilify us. But to kill us? Absolutely not.

Four months ago I was elected by hundreds of thousands of citizens to the office of Prime Minister of the government of Israel, on the basis of my plan for unilaterally withdrawing from 90 percent of the areas of Judea and Samaria, the birth place and cradle of the Jewish people; to end most of the occupation and to enable the Palestinian people to turn over a new leaf and to calm things down until conditions are ripe for attaining a permanent settlement between us.

The Prime Minister who preceded me, Ariel Sharon, made a full withdrawal from the Gaza Strip back to the international border, and gave the Palestinians there a chance to build a new reality for themselves. The Prime Minister who preceded him, Ehud Barak, ended the lengthy Israeli presence in Lebanon and pulled the IDF back to the international border, leaving the land of the cedars to flourish, develop and establish its democracy and its economy.

What did the State of Israel get in exchange for all of this? Did we win even one minute of quiet? Was our hand, outstretched in peace, met with a handshake of encouragement? Ehud Barak's peace initiative at Camp David let loose on us a wave of suicide bombers who smashed and blew to pieces over 1,000 citizens, men, women and children. I don't remember you being so enraged then. Maybe that happened because we did not allow TV close-ups of the dismembered body parts of the Israeli youngsters at the Dolphinarium? Or of the shattered lives of the people butchered while celebrating the Passover seder at the Park Hotel in Netanya? What can you do - that's the way we are. We don't wave body parts at the camera. We grieve quietly.

We do not dance on the roofs at the sight of the bodies of our enemy's children - we express genuine sorrow and regret. That is the monstrous behavior of our enemies. Now they have risen up against us. Tomorrow they will rise up against you. You are already familiar with the murderous taste of this terror. And you will taste more.

In a loud and clear voice

And Ariel Sharon's withdrawal from Gaza. What did it get us? A barrage of Kassem missiles fired at peaceful settlements and the kidnapping of soldiers. Then too, I don't recall you reacting with such alarm. And for six years, the withdrawal from Lebanon has drawn the vituperation and crimes of a dangerous, extremist Iranian agent, who took over an entire country in the name of religious fanaticism and is trying to take Israel hostage on his way to Jerusalem - and from there to Paris and London.

An enormous terrorist infrastructure has been established by Iran on our border, threatening our citizens, growing stronger before our very eyes, awaiting the moment when the land of the Ayatollahs becomes a nuclear power in order to bring us to our knees. And make no mistake - we won't go down alone. You, the leaders of the free and enlightened world, will go down along with us.

So today, here and now, I am putting an end to this parade of hypocrisy. I don't recall such a wave of reaction in the face of the 100 citizens killed every single day in Iraq. Sunnis kill Shiites who kill Sunnis, and all of them kill Americans - and the world remains silent. And I am hard pressed to recall a similar reaction when the Russians destroyed entire villages and burned down large cities in order to repress the revolt in Chechnya. And when NATO bombed Kosovo for almost three months and crushed the civilian population - then you also kept silent. What is it about us, the Jews, the minority, the persecuted, that arouses this cosmic sense of justice in you? What do we have that all the others don't?

In a loud clear voice, looking you straight in the eye, I stand before you openly and I will not apologize. I will not capitulate. I will not whine. This is a battle for our freedom. For our humanity. For the right to lead normal lives within our recognized, legitimate borders. It is also your battle. I pray and I believe that now you will understand that. Because if you don't, you may regret it later, when it's too late.

4th August 2006 11:54 AM
pdog
4th August 2006 12:06 PM
telecaster
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

you are so misunderstanding the stance of the "apologists". no one can make excuses for the sub humans that are lobbing rockets into civilian areas in israel.

what you do is call the A Team...

M-80's? You can't be that naive. You mean those supersonic unguided rockets filled with ball bearings that have killed hundreds of Israelis?

Severity of the response? They killed 8 Israeli soldiers and kidnapped two, unprovoked. Have you forgotten that already? Bucky please tell me you still don't teach our kids. That is called an act of war

Israel has the right and duty to use all severity and disproportion it feels is necessary as they were attacked

Maybe your friends at the UN should enforce their own resolution 1559 calling for Hezzbolah to disarm
4th August 2006 12:09 PM
pdog
4th August 2006 12:13 PM
telecaster pdog is that Betty Page?
4th August 2006 12:15 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
pdog is that Betty Page?

YESSIR !!!!!!

" Ho ... Ho ... Ho !!! "

Guffaw
4th August 2006 12:28 PM
Dick Bush Obnoxious rep gone nuts:

mms://wmscnn.stream.aol.com.edgestreams.net/cnn/politics/2006/07/31/sots.sen.chuck.hagel.on.ceasefire.affl.ws.wmv#0;1.000;0;0;1:2;2:2
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)