ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Parken Stadium, Copenhagen 5th August 2007
© Politiken with thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Starbuck...............! Return to archive
29th July 2007 04:16 PM
Ten Thousand Motels ....just thought you might like to know.

------------------------------------------------

Kid Rock releasing first album in 4 years
30 Jul 2007, 0045 hrs IST,REUTERS

After four long years Kid Rock finally releases his new album which has metallic bangers to softer ones like When You Love Someone.

There’s quite a bit more rock than rap on Kid Rock’s first studio album in four years, tentatively titled Rock ’n’ Roll Jesus , which will arrive on October 9.

Recorded at his Michigan home, it cuts a broad stylistic swath, from metallic headbangers like first single So Hot and Sugar (the set’s only rap track) to such rootsy, gospel-hued fare as Amen and When You Love Someone .

The Motown-influenced Roll On rolls alongside the power ballad Miss Understood and the Crescent City-flavored New Orleans (co-written with pal David Allen Coe), while All Summer Long entertainingly mashes up elements of Warren Zevon’s Werewolves of London and Lynyrd Skynyrd’s Sweet Home Alabama – with the latter group’s Billy Powell on the piano.

The album ends with Half Your Age , a sly country kissoff to ex-wife Pamela Anderson, with a line about finding a younger girlfriend who’s “twice as hot.”

Overall, Rock -- who’s dedicating the album to his late friend, Atlantic co-founder Ahmet Ertegun – said he hoped the effect was “like going to the church drunk on a Saturday night.”

Rock is planning a promotional tour, including radio events and theater and club dates to promote the album, with a full-scale tour planned for 2008.
His last album, a self-titled effort, debuted at No. 8 on the charts in November, 2003.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
29th July 2007 04:20 PM
fireontheplatter now i know where starbuck gets the tude.
29th July 2007 04:21 PM
pdog Starbuck has more talent in the tip of his light saber than Kid Rock has in his entire body.
29th July 2007 04:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
pdog wrote:
Starbuck has more talent in the tip of his light saber than Kid Rock has in his entire body.

I don't doubt that.

I'm just trying to reach #100 on next issues Power Ranking. #98 just doen't cut it for a poster of my ...er...talents. I'd simpsonize myself but I can't get the fucking thing to work right.
29th July 2007 04:29 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

I don't doubt that.

I'm just trying to reach #100 on next issues Power Ranking. #98 just doen't cut it for a poster of my ...er...talents. I'd simpsonize myself but I can't get the fucking thing to work right.

i ain't gonna work with this one...especially on a sunday afternoon.

NEXT
29th July 2007 05:26 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i ain't gonna work with this one...especially on a sunday afternoon.

NEXT

LOL. It all depends on who's on which end of the stick.

29th July 2007 05:33 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

LOL. It all depends on who's on which end of the stick.

my maine man...........at least some has a sense of humor around here
29th July 2007 06:09 PM
glencar "and the Crescent City-flavored New Orleans (co-written with pal David Allen Coe)"

Isn't Davis Allen Coe the guy who wrote Nigger Lover & other racist ditties?
29th July 2007 07:10 PM
lotsajizz He wrote 'The Devil Went Down To Jamaica'
29th July 2007 09:02 PM
The jinn, my friend. Yumm Yumm Gimmie some~
30th July 2007 12:38 AM
Starbuck this thread is a waste of bandwith.
30th July 2007 07:15 AM
corgi37 Kid Rock? Man, i thought he'd be washing car windows at traffic lights by now.

What is up with you Yanks?
30th July 2007 10:07 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
this thread is a waste of bandwith.

Well if you're running low on bandwidth you can always steal some.

30th July 2007 06:31 PM
The jinn, my friend.

30th July 2007 06:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
"and the Crescent City-flavored New Orleans (co-written with pal David Allen Coe)"

Isn't Davis Allen Coe the guy who wrote Nigger Lover & other racist ditties?

Yes..he made a few er.. "underground" albums.....
30th July 2007 06:39 PM
The jinn, my friend.

Mmmmmm Pammy inside!

[Edited by The jinn, my friend.]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)