ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Parken Stadium, Copenhagen 5th August 2007
© Politiken with thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: George Harrison on Brown Sugar - and NOT Eric Clapton? Return to archive
29th July 2007 03:21 PM
Bruno I just read the Keith part from those 74´interviews in Spanish (Bill as "drag queen"...) and comes the question:

"Is it true that there is a better version of Brown Sugar, with Al Kooper and Eric Clapton, that the one released in Sticky Fingers?"

Keith: "That recording dates from my 26th birthday party at Olympic Studios (...) there are these rumours because Eric happened to be recording at the same place and same time... neither Eric or Al Kooper took part. IT´S GEORGE HARRISON PLAYING ON THAT VERSION, THAT IS BETTER THAN THE ONE IN THE ALBUM, REALLY"

Then... we need the harcore fans to explain that.

29th July 2007 03:51 PM
Kilroy George Harrison, that's great.
29th July 2007 03:57 PM
MrPleasant George's slide guitar made even his blandest solo tunes enjoyable.
30th July 2007 01:53 AM
gotdablouse Interesting as this is news to me, I'd always assumed it was Clapton on that version from 18/12/1969
30th July 2007 06:42 AM
Mathijs It's Clapton playing, not George Harrison (whom would never play the second part of the solo like Clapton did on the version), and the date is December 18, 1970, not 1969.

Mathijs
30th July 2007 06:59 AM
corgi37 keith has said its Clapton before. Earlyd 80's he was bemoaning the Decca rehashes, and wished instead of the same old stuff, they'd put out some interesting stuff, and he mentioned Clapton playing on BS.

Mind you, he is full of shit too, because how much crap compilation rip off's have the band themselves put out?
31st July 2007 03:02 PM
gimmekeef Loved George Harrison... but seriously...if he could play like that they wouldnt have to have Clapton drop by for While My Guitar Gently Weeps.....
31st July 2007 03:17 PM
Fiji Joe Overlooked is the fact that it's not a better version...not even close to the version released...
31st July 2007 03:24 PM
pdog the slide playing is cool, it is good, but it is not the best version. I love alt. versions, so I love this version. That's just the way it is for me. Perhaps, there's a great sounding master tape out there, that will see the light of day. what we've got is very good sounding, but like all bootlegs, there's always the next level official release I hope for.
31st July 2007 03:35 PM
gimmekeef An interesting trivia piece and a must for the boot collectors....but I'm with fijijoe..it hardly challenges the official release.Actually one of the very few boots I have heard that is in many spots superior to official is the RS Monitor Mixes of Steel Wheels..specially...Hold on to your Hat....
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)