ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Parken Stadium, Copenhagen 5th August 2007
© Politiken with thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: pdog Check PM !!! Return to archive
26th July 2007 12:44 PM
pdog fucker
26th July 2007 12:48 PM
Starbuck whoa...this is deep...

26th July 2007 01:30 PM
pdog posting in a PM thread that isn't for you is Joey-esque.
26th July 2007 02:53 PM
Dan But it's a good enough opportunity to ask if you saw Sonic Youth last week.
26th July 2007 02:58 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:
But it's a good enough opportunity to ask if you saw Sonic Youth last week.

No, it was a long shot, and Friday night was spent in Disney until midnight...
I did see Ryan Adams on Monday in SF. Outstanding show!
26th July 2007 03:05 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
pdog wrote:

I've been waiting for your review, P!! Please enlighten...
26th July 2007 03:28 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

They also apparently did a last minute announced show in Santa Monica on Saturday for KXLU. I ended up going to Mom's Friday evening thus erasing 4 possible shows off the Calendar (Sonic Youth Friday, Steppenwolf/Chuck Negron for free Saturday, Poison Idea/Antiseen early show and Chuck Dukowski/Qui late show).

Melvins are playing the complete Lysol tomorrow so hopefully I can go to that and then Joan Jett for free Sunday.
26th July 2007 03:29 PM
Joey
quote:
Dan wrote:

Melvins are playing the complete Lysol tomorrow so hopefully I can go to that and then Joan Jett for free Sunday.

26th July 2007 03:41 PM
Dan Wow, that's really funny coming from you Joey! But I do admit I like more than 2 bands!
26th July 2007 04:09 PM
pdog Poison Idea, damn, that's some serious punk rock.
26th July 2007 04:20 PM
Joey
quote:
pdog wrote:
Poison Idea, damn, that's some serious punk rock.

26th July 2007 04:23 PM
Joey " Wow, that's really funny coming from you Joey! But I do admit I like more than 2 bands! "

26th July 2007 04:26 PM
pdog Joey you're many things annoying and stupid, but your posts here are both and at all time highest levels. I suggest you jerk off before you post. If you still want to post after than please do so, but sperm back up, is usually the reason most men are idiots.
26th July 2007 04:34 PM
Joey " ...I suggest you jerk off before you post. If you still want to post after than please do so, but sperm back up, is usually the reason most men are idiots. "

26th July 2007 04:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:
Joey you're many things annoying and stupid, but your posts here are both and at all time highest levels. I suggest you jerk off before you post. If you still want to post after than please do so, but sperm back up, is usually the reason most men are idiots.

26th July 2007 05:05 PM
Joey
" Grim reapurr: The cat that can predict death
Last updated at 09:02am on 26th July 2007 "

" Oscar the cat seems to have an uncanny knack for predicting when nursing home patients are going to die, by curling up next to them during their final hours.

His accuracy, observed in 25 cases, has led the staff to call family members once he has chosen someone. It usually means they have less than four hours to live.

"He doesn't make too many mistakes. He seems to understand when patients are about to die," said Dr. David Dosa in an interview. He describes the phenomenon in a poignant essay in the New England Journal of Medicine.

"Many family members take some solace from it. They appreciate the companionship that the cat provides for their dying loved one," said Dosa, a geriatrician and assistant professor of medicine at Brown University.

The 2-year-old feline was adopted as a kitten and grew up in a dementia unit at the Steere House Nursing and Rehabilitation Centre. The facility treats people with Alzheimer's, Parkinson's disease and other illnesses.

After about six months, the staff noticed Oscar would make his own rounds, just like the doctors and nurses. He would sniff and observe patients, then sit beside people who would end up dying in a few hours.

Oscar curls up next to patients who have just a few hours to live

Dosa said Oscar seems to take his work seriously and is generally aloof. "This is not a cat that's friendly to people," he said.

Oscar is better at predicting death than the people who work there, said Dr. Joan Teno of Brown University, who treats patients at the nursing home and is an expert on care for the terminally ill.

She was convinced of Oscar's talent when he made his 13th correct call. While observing one patient, Teno said she noticed the woman was not eating, was breathing with difficulty and that her legs had a bluish tinge, signs that often mean death is near.

Oscar would not stay inside the room though, so Teno thought his streak was broken. Instead, it turned out the doctor's prediction was roughly 10 hours too early. Sure enough, during the patient's final two hours, nurses told Teno that Oscar joined the woman at her bedside.

Oscar has predicted 25 cases

Doctors said most of the people who get a visit from the sweet-faced, gray-and-white cat are so ill they probably do not know he is there, so patients are not aware he is a harbinger of death. Most families are grateful for the advanced warning, although one wanted Oscar out of the room while a family member died. When Oscar is put outside, he paces and meows his displeasure.

No one is certain if Oscar's behavior is scientifically significant or points to a cause. Teno wonders if the cat notices telltale scents or reads something into the behavior of the nurses who raised him.

Nicholas Dodman, who directs an animal behavioral clinic at the Tufts University Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine and has read Dosa's article, said the only way to know is to carefully document how Oscar divides his time between the living and dying.

It is possible his behavior could be driven by self-centered pleasures like a heated blanket placed on a dying person, Dodman said.

Nursing home staffers are not concerned with explaining Oscar, so long as he gives families a better chance at saying goodbye to the dying. "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=470906&in_page_id=1770

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)