ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Parken Stadium, Copenhagen 5th August 2007
© Politiken with thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 25 years ago..... Return to archive Page: 1 2
24th July 2007 06:47 PM
SweetVirginia Mine was 6-6-1975. I remember for the reason Gazza stated above. I was really young and didn't have much else occupying my mind! I saved my ticket stub and the local news article about the show. ($10 in advance $12.50 at the door...)

Holy shit, That was 32 years ago.

24th July 2007 06:50 PM
PartyDoll MEG Hey, Gazza..I wasn't gonna look it up!!-lol And see you remembered that silly fact..you might as well give up trying to defend yourself....

All I know... is if there is ever a Trivia Game to play in..I want YOU on my team!!
24th July 2007 06:53 PM
fireontheplatter i believe my 1st show was in buffalo..1981. the floor seats were reserved but all the rest were general admission.
24th July 2007 06:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
Mine was 6-6-1975. I remember for the reason Gazza stated above. I was really young and didn't have much else occupying my mind! I saved my ticket stub and the local news article about the show. ($10 in advance $12.50 at the door...)

Holy shit, That was 32 years ago.

Kansas City 1975. You saw a historic show. One of only two shows (the other was in Milwaukee 2 days later) where the Stones ever performed a song from one of their solo albums (Keith sang Ronnie's "Sure The One You Need")

Did I read on IORR a post from you that you were also at the KC 1981 show where Mick Taylor showed up?

Bloody hell.
[Edited by Gazza]
25th July 2007 10:57 AM
Stonesthrow
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:

Been out in the Arizona sun too long!
My retirement is quite intense!!!
Roostah is selling HDTV and Home Theater to pass the time.
Can't get accustomed to a structured schedule 5 days per week.
If you ever have any HDTV or audio questions let me answer them for you no obligation necessary....I'm a wealth of info.
Hope you and yours are stellar.

Roooostah

Where in AZ are you? I'm in Phoenix.
25th July 2007 11:24 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Ya dont have to be another Raymond Babbitt to work all that out.

Was he the British PM during the early 1960's ?!

.. before Wilson ?!
25th July 2007 11:58 AM
littleredrooster
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:

Where in AZ are you? I'm in Phoenix.

Surprise!!!!!
25th July 2007 12:41 PM
Joey
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:

Surprise!!!!!

W- What ?!

LittleRedroooostah ?!

Is that really YOU ?!

Man , where in the HELL have you been ?! One thing about you Roooostah -- my Stonesian Brother -- is that you were ALWAYS Minty Fresh and MAN could you write a post .

Welcome Home My Brother

www.AZCENTRAL.com

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
25th July 2007 01:08 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Joey wrote:

W- What ?!

LittleRedroooostah ?!

Is that really YOU ?!

Man , where in the HELL have you been ?! One thing about you Roooostah -- my Stonesian Brother -- is that you were ALWAYS Minty Fresh and MAN could you write a post .

Welcome Home My Brother

www.AZCENTRAL.com

You make Roostah giggle......Thanks, Joey!

[Edited by Joey]

25th July 2007 01:15 PM
Saint Sway this photo is INSANE!!
Jeezus Christmas I dont see a tarp for miles and miles.... was Gazza with Voodoo in the tent in the far far back corner?

"Man, look at all those people here tonight" ~ Diamond Dave 8/12/06 Arkansas State Fair
25th July 2007 01:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this photo is INSANE!!
[img]

You have PM.
25th July 2007 01:36 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Joey wrote:

W- What ?!

LittleRedroooostah ?!

Is that really YOU ?!

Welcome Home My Brother

www.AZCENTRAL.com

Surprise, Arizona !!!!!!

That's the name of the town.

Spring Training Home of the KC Royals and Texas Rangers

[Edited by Joey]

25th July 2007 02:23 PM
Stonesthrow
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:
Surprise!!!!!

When I moved here Surprise was an expression on a person's face. Even the snakes and Gila Monsters considered it out of town. My, how our little area has grown. How long have you been here?
25th July 2007 03:28 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Stonesthrow wrote:

When I moved here Surprise was an expression on a person's face. Even the snakes and Gila Monsters considered it out of town. My, how our little area has grown. How long have you been here?

Two years in Sept.
Yeah, it's on the fringe of the boonies, but I moved from Oregon T.H.E. boonies 80 miles east of Portland.
We like it CLOSER to Las Vegas.
25th July 2007 03:42 PM
Joey
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:

Two years in Sept.
Yeah, it's on the fringe of the boonies, but I moved from Oregon T.H.E. boonies 80 miles east of Portland.

My Mom lives in Sun City West ( ..... close to Surprise )
25th July 2007 03:58 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Joey wrote:

My Mom lives in Sun City West ( ..... close to Surprise )

just a 'stonesthrow' away from my residence!
25th July 2007 05:03 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Kansas City 1975. You saw a historic show. One of only two shows (the other was in Milwaukee 2 days later) where the Stones ever performed a song from one of their solo albums (Keith sang Ronnie's "Sure The One You Need")

Did I read on IORR a post from you that you were also at the KC 1981 show where Mick Taylor showed up?

Bloody hell.
[Edited by Gazza]

Yep...the 1981 Mick Taylor show was my second-ever Stones show. We didn't know he was in town, and when he first came on stage we were asking the people around us "is that Mick Taylor?!?" It was the future "Mr. SV's" first Stones concert. Took him a long time to fully understand the importance of what he had seen that night.

P.S. The KC 1975 show was outdoors at a football stadium, and did not include the giant inflatable penis.

25th July 2007 05:05 PM
Stonesthrow
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:

Two years in Sept.

You are about 25 miles closer to Vegas than I am. How do you like living so close to all those Sun City developments? Have you seen a lot of blue hair?
25th July 2007 05:14 PM
Joey
quote:
littleredrooster wrote:

just a 'stonesthrow' away from my residence!

I shall be visiting the area in late September ( My family and myself plan on checking out that new ' Skywalk ' on the western Rim of the Grand Canyon ...I hear it is best to rent a car as the road ( Fourteen Miles long ) up to the lookout is NOT paved .

http://www.grandcanyonskywalk.com/

Shiver ....................................

JJJJJJJJJACKY !!!!

25th July 2007 05:59 PM
mojoman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Forgive some self-indulgence

At this very moment, 25 years ago I was watching my first ever Stones show, at Slane Castle. I was 99.9% convinced at the time it would be my last - after all, at 2 days short of his 39th birthday, Mick Jagger couldnt keep this kind of performance level up. He'd probably be needing a wheelchair in a few years. That, plus they hadnt played in Ireland since 1965.

25 years on - and in exactly 25 days from now, the Stones return to the same venue for their first outdoor Irish show since then. At 44 years of age, it will also be my 44th Stones show. Who'd have imagined it?

Ironically enough, at this very moment 25 years ago by my reckoning, they would have been playing "Time Is On My Side" - and people were very cynical about that choice of song for what everyone imagined would be their last tour.

Self-indulgence over. I return you to your normal programming.
[Edited by Gazza]

congrats GAZZA!!! 44X44!!!
25th July 2007 06:02 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this photo is INSANE!!
Jeezus Christmas I dont see a tarp for miles and miles.... was Gazza with Voodoo in the tent in the far far back corner?

You seriously wanna know where I was?

see the girl in the polka-dot top perched on someones shoulders down front with someone beside her in a white T-shirt?

I was CLOSER to the front than they were.....

Mick actually hosed me with water right between the eyes at one point....

There were 70,000 at that...and you cant even see the castle in that shot..but it looks like its about half a million....
[Edited by Gazza]
25th July 2007 06:07 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

see the girl in the polka-dot top perched on someones shoulders down front with someone beside her in a white T-shirt?

There were 70,000 at that...and you cant even see the castle in that shot..but it looks like its about half a million....
[Edited by Gazza]

i can see you...you're right. you are the guy down and left huffing the heilium from they yellow baloon.
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Joey " I was CLOSER to the front than they were..... "

< ---- Can I buy you a drink ?!?!

Agreed Lil' Fella --- I was thinking the EXACT same thing .... MOST Impressive indeed .

www.BRAZENHEADPUB.com

26th July 2007 06:53 AM
danielharris627 Thats great Gazza!
Happy Aniversery.
26th July 2007 01:10 PM
Bruno
quote:
Gazza wrote:

[Edited by Gazza]

Your first show got 70,000? Big deal... My first one got more than 1 million. I won!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)