ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Parken Stadium, Copenhagen 5th August 2007
© Politiken with thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ferenc Puskas Stadium, Budapest, Hungary 20th July 2007 - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
20th July 2007 07:51 PM
mrhipfl I'm sure it was quite a bit cooler when the show started.
20th July 2007 08:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
106F!!

Speaking as one who saw their COLDEST show ever--Soldier Field last October--all I can say is "Fuck"!

...no one should be surprised at only 18 songs in THAT heat!!

I got the impression from Lorenz's text messages today that while it was hot, Bucharest was even more unpleasant...
20th July 2007 09:08 PM
qwer boring setlist again!
20th July 2007 09:50 PM
KeithRichards Just back from the show. Went for a drink to the Stones Hotel with my girlfriend. Saw Michael Cohl and the backup band and had a really expensive mineral water...

Show was great. Gates opened at around 17.45 because of the hot weather and that was really a good idea. There was not FOS area, just GA but I we were amongst the first people to run into the stadium and we actually ended up first row on Ronnie's side. It was very hot, but as Gazza correcty said, not as unpleasant as Bucharest. The Hungarians were prepared and handed out free water (not in bottles, but in little plastic bags). So everyone had something to drink or to spray around...the result was a water battle, everyone was soaked and in a great mood. Soon afterward the fire fighters started making us even more wet...and everyone loved it. Show started of very fine with SMU, continued with a very well received You Got Me Rocking and then Keith struggled to start Rough Justice. Actually, he fucked it up completely and they had to restart the song. Ruby Tuesday was very nice to hear, but I had wished for another song. Hate those 18 songs warhorses setlist. I'm already so tired of Miss You, IORR, Satisfaction, HTW... Keith struggled on a couple of songs today, but the crowd was very enthusiastic and I really had a lot of fun, so I wasn't really bothered by the mistakes that much. Ronnie had a very good night, by the way. Excellent solos and overall great guitar work. Well, so the rest of the show was very enjoyable, some great performances, especially MR and JJF. I just really wish they'd shake up the setlist more.
20th July 2007 09:53 PM
KeithRichards Sorry for the grammar, I guess I had a lot of mistakes, I am horrible tired. Mick was great as usual, by the way, so was Charlie.
20th July 2007 09:55 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
KeithRichards wrote:
Just back from the show. Went for a drink to the Stones Hotel with my girlfriend. Saw Michael Cohl and the backup band and had a really expensive mineral water...

Show was great. Gates opened at around 17.45 because of the hot weather and that was really a good idea. There was not FOS area, just GA but I we were amongst the first people to run into the stadium and we actually ended up first row on Ronnie's side. It was very hot, but as Gazza correcty said, not as unpleasant as Bucharest. The Hungarians were prepared and handed out free water (not in bottles, but in little plastic bags). So everyone had something to drink or to spray around...the result was a water battle, everyone was soaked and in a great mood. Soon afterward the fire fighters started making us even more wet...and everyone loved it. Show started of very fine with SMU, continued with a very well received You Got Me Rocking and then Keith struggled to start Rough Justice. Actually, he fucked it up completely and they had to restart the song. Ruby Tuesday was very nice to hear, but I had wished for another song. Hate those 18 songs warhorses setlist. I'm already so tired of Miss You, IORR, Satisfaction, HTW... Keith struggled on a couple of songs today, but the crowd was very enthusiastic and I really had a lot of fun, so I wasn't really bothered by the mistakes that much. Ronnie had a very good night, by the way. Excellent solos and overall great guitar work. Well, so the rest of the show was very enjoyable, some great performances, especially MR and JJF. I just really wish they'd shake up the setlist more.

great review..thanks.

do you think they have another world tour in them?
20th July 2007 10:24 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
KeithRichards wrote:
Keith struggled to start Rough Justice. Actually, he fucked it up completely and they had to restart the song.

Same thing happened in Rio if I remember correctly. Chuck had to get up and tell him how it started.
21st July 2007 02:36 AM
montana

here's the pdf: http://www.nepszava.hu/include_document/elofizeto/pdf/ciimoldal.htm
21st July 2007 03:55 AM
Jeep Photos NOL.hu / Kovács Bence

[Edited by Jeep]
21st July 2007 05:40 AM
Jeep Photos Index.hu / Huszti István

21st July 2007 08:22 AM
PartyDoll MEG Thanks for he review Lorenz. Glad you enjoyed the show!
And as always... thanks, Jeep, for the photos!!
21st July 2007 09:32 AM
Straycat87 Thanks for the report and the fantastic pics !
21st July 2007 09:52 AM
corgi37 Mick looks fitter than i have ever seen (or imagined i ever could be).
Charlie, Keith & Ronnie looking like backing soldiers! Cool look.

And, Darryl on backing vocals. Awesome!
21st July 2007 10:18 AM
Gazza Great review and pix. Keith seems to be looking a bit healthier with each show.
21st July 2007 10:23 AM
lotsajizz Mick's the Eighth Wonder Of The World
21st July 2007 01:15 PM
Jeep A 4 minutes video report with footage only, no words :

http://www.tv2video.hu/popup/index_player.php?images=tenyek§ion=32&date=20070720&video=35112
21st July 2007 01:20 PM
GotToRollMe Thanks for the review, Lorenz!

And Jeep, thanks for the absolutely gorgeous photos. I haven't seen Keith looking that focused and present for awhile.
21st July 2007 03:23 PM
fireontheplatter i think keith is the 8th wonder of the world.

jeep...those are some of the best ever photos i've seen of keith as of late. i love him all dressed in the english green.

that guy just 'above' the girl wearing the wife beater red stones tounge shirt...looks to be an extreemly serious fan.

keep up the awesome photos...loving it from ny.

go stones
21st July 2007 03:47 PM
mmdog
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

Same thing happened in Rio if I remember correctly. Chuck had to get up and tell him how it started.

No, Keith was starting Oh No Not You Again, which had been already played on the main stage. Chuck had to hop out to get his attention.
21st July 2007 03:57 PM
Gazza Review by Chris Tresper / Vienna (sent by e-mail)

There's an old saying: If you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at all. Well I have never agreed with that and that's the reason why I'm even writing a review for this concert.

But let's start at the beginning. Hats off to the Hungarian authorities. Not only did they let the people into the stadium later (as they said due to extraordinary weather conditions in order not to make the fans wait too long) [42° Celsius in the shade..], they also handed out free water bottles, they didn't take away your water when you walked into the stadium (just took off the caps) you also got free ice cream on entering. They really did their best to make it easier for the fans to endure the incredible heat.

So far so good....

The opening act The Charlatans were quite ok, nothing to be remembered though. The Stones started a little after 9pm. The sound was good but what started out as bad show really got worse with every song (a few exceptions of course). I myself have seen around 40 Stones show, some incredibly good and some standard but never have I seen a worse one than today (which hurts because Budapest 95 was my second Stones show and one of the best I've seen...).

They started with Start Me Up and during the middle of the songs Mick decided not to wait for the band but rather start singing "You make a grown man cry" way to early - the band didn't follow him for about 30 seconds (which to me seemed like an endless time) and so the song was ruined. I don't know why Mick even has ear monitoring (this is DEFINITELY not the first time I've seen this happening).

Next up was You Got Me Rocking. No big mistakes but rather sloppily played.

THEN it started to get really bad. Keith tried to start Rough Justice, then stopped, then put his hand into the air and told the band to wait for him, then looked around like he didn't know where he was, who he was and what song was about to be played and then a few seconds later started a song that only VERY remotely sounded like Rough Justice. The band somehow managed to follow but not one second did the song really rock (like I've seen so many times before)

Next up was Ruby Tuesday. A song I love and was really happy about. As soon as Keith had started the intro Mick all of a sudden started singing the first verse, thus completely ruining the beautiful intro....

Then a standard setlist followed which I won't describe in detail. I kinda liked "I'll Go Crazy" even though Lisa's singing was once a lot better. I enjoyed You Got The Silver but have to say that Keith just singing without a guitar is not Keith and only Ronnie playing with a little backup from Blondie didn't really sound good to me...

All in all not ONE song really was tight and rocked (even Midnight Rambler which usually ALWAYS kicks butt this time was so badly played (guitar wise I mean, Mick's harmonica was awesome) that you couldn't make out those famous parts where it gets slower and then faster again, it just sounded like some band rehearsing the song...)

I have to say hats off to Mick Jagger who is still an awesome performer with a great rock voice and incredible spirit and knowledge how to entertain a crowd of thousands - BUT when a band plays sloppily like the Stones did today in Budapest, there is not much one can do to make it a good concert.

I have tickets for Brno and I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope that the show will be better - this is not how I want to remember MY Rolling Stones...

[Edited by Gazza]
21st July 2007 05:34 PM
Mr Jurkka

Ron saw a naked girl hah
[Edited by Mr Jurkka]
21st July 2007 05:34 PM
_Boomy_ Wow. A lame set-list.
21st July 2007 08:34 PM
mrhipfl Rough Justice sounds fine from the video report. Are RJ and Start Me Up the only 2 songs news stations are allowed to record?
21st July 2007 11:17 PM
Bitch 18 songs, and The Stones must have been hot and tired and not in top form.

Just another mad mad day on the road
22nd July 2007 10:22 AM
dimrstone Just got home from Budapest and i can tell you that
Keith was great! Please stop going to the shows just to comment Keith!
Enjoy the show! for gods shake!
The show was great and it was 42 C!!!!
I was very pleased meeting many others Stones fans.
Hope to see you again guys at a show in the future ,Have fun for you rest of your shows in this tour!
Here are 2 links from my videos:
[www.youtube.com]
[www.youtube.com]
22nd July 2007 10:23 AM
Mr Jurkka Test
22nd July 2007 10:25 AM
dimrstone Just got home from Budapest and i can tell you that
Keith was great! Please stop going to the shows just to comment Keith!
The show was great and it was 42 C!!!!
I was very pleased meeting many others Stones fans.
Hope to see you again guys at a show in the future ,Have fun for you rest of your shows in this tour!
Here are 2 links from my videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmfs8Ut-SmE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcIwvT7isE0
[Edited by dimrstone]
22nd July 2007 10:30 AM
Mr Jurkka
quote:
dimrstone wrote:
Please stop going to the shows just to comment Keith!

Agree! Btw cant see the videos.
22nd July 2007 10:55 AM
dimrstone
quote:
Mr Jurkka wrote:

Agree! Btw cant see the videos.

Please try now!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmfs8Ut-SmE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcIwvT7isE0
22nd July 2007 11:33 AM
dimrstone Here are two pics of Chuck Leavell outside Stone's Hotel the day before the show.

Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)