ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Mexico City, during the shooting of "She Was Hot" and "Too Much Blood"
January 1984 by Agapito Pelaéz K... Gracias Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 31 July - on this day Return to archive
07-30-02 05:31 PM
stonedinaustralia 1967 - The Appeals Court lifts the sentences against Mick & Keith following the Redlands bust. At a press conference afterwards Mick says "I simply ask for my private life to be left alone. My responsibility is only for myself. I had prepared myself mentally, physicaly and business wise for the possibility of going to jail"

1970 - The Stones contract with Decca expires with one track still owed to the company. They deliver "Cocksucker Blues"

1971 - Keith & Anita attend UK premier of "Gimme Shelter" at the Rialto

1973 - The Redlands fire - Meanwhile,in their absence(at least they had a good excuse for not showing up), Keith & Anita are remanded on bail by the Marylebone Magistrates Court following the Cheyne Walk bust - at the same Court Marsha Hunt's paternity suit against Mick is adjourned pending blood tests - (just another day of ordinary rock n roll madness)

(thanx to Miles)
07-30-02 09:15 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
1967 - The Appeals Court lifts the sentences against Mick & Keith following the Redlands bust. At a press conference afterwards Mick says "I simply ask for my private life to be left alone. My responsibility is only for myself. I had prepared myself mentally, physicaly and business wise for the possibility of going to jail"

The News of the Screws and the establishment taking a desperate swipe at the Stones again...and losing in the end!!!!

Mark
07-30-02 09:24 PM
Gazza heres a couple more

1964 - the Stones concert at Belfast's Ulster Hall (just round the corner from where I work!) is abandoned after a few minutes due to a riot. Several girls are carried out in straightjackets!

1994 - The Stones wrap up the rehearsals for the Voodoo Lounge tour in Washington DC - the final rehearsal is televised live in the US on VH1
07-30-02 09:35 PM
Martha Gazza, your knowledge of Stones events and history is incredible...I'm always blown away by your posts. However you do it...don't stop now!

BY the way...how the hell do you do it? Ok, if it's a trade secret...like a chef's recipe...I understand.

Rock onward...

Martha

P.S. I think the Stones oughta know and at least grant you a few free up close and personal front row seats and the whole shebango...for all you do in their name.
07-31-02 12:24 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Gazza wrote:
heres a couple more
1964 - the Stones concert at Belfast's Ulster Hall (just round the corner from where I work!) is abandoned after a few minutes due to a riot. Several girls are carried out in straightjackets!

It was also reported that a one-year-old boy was caught trying to sneak in for the first time of his life-long commitment to the world's greatest band - chanting, Keef!, Keef!. Also seen flirting with some of the girls.
Gary-something-or-other...
07-31-02 01:09 PM
denis wilson I was at the ulster hall that night in 64 and i do recall a very young stones fan in a baby walker shouting keef and sucking on his bottle of jack daniels!
07-31-02 08:00 PM
Gazza Martha:
>BY the way...how the hell do you do it? Ok, if it's a trade secret...like a chef's recipe...I understand.

I dont get out as much as I used to. ;-) Thanks!!

>P.S. I think the Stones oughta know and at least grant you a few free up close and personal front row seats and the whole shebango...for all you do in their name.

yeah,so do I...even though I dont deserve it ('cos I dont really do ANYTHING..lol),I'd go along with that anyway...depends on what the "shebang" entails though...

---------------------------------------------------------

Lazy Bones

>It was also reported that a one-year-old boy was caught trying to sneak in for the first time of his life-long commitment to the world's greatest band - chanting, Keef!, Keef!. Also seen flirting with some of the girls.

Not quite correct. Back then I was more into Brian because we shared the same hairstyle. The bit about the girls - someone been telling you tales?

>I was at the ulster hall that night in 64 and i do recall a very young stones fan in a baby walker shouting keef and sucking on his bottle of jack daniels!

You werent REALLY at that one as well were you? Didnt they play the Flamingo in Ballymena later that night as well (a small town in the "bible belt" about 30 miles north for those who dont know the geography of "Norn Iron"..)
I used to work with a woman who was at this Ulster Hall
riot and who also happened to be at the show in Blackpool seven days earlier which ended up being possibly the biggest Stones riot of them all (she was there on holiday as many folks in the UK would go there for a seaside holiday at that time of year..at one point during the riot Brian landed right at her feet....)

The Blackpool show was the night where the band were seriously lucky to escape with their lives. For those who werent aware of it,the place was full of drunken Scots who were on holiday as it was the traditional "shipyard summer holiday" week. A few piss-heads down the front started spitting at Brian and Keith responded by kicking one of them in the face,which caused all hell to break loose. The band had about one cymbal and a few bits of wood left of their equipment by the end of the night.
07-31-02 10:40 PM
Ken
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

1970 - The Stones contract with Decca expires with one track still owed to the company. They deliver "Cocksucker Blues"

They are now free to form Rolling Stones Records. (1970)

Ken
08-01-02 04:04 AM
denis wilson I saw the stones three times in belfast ,two gigs at the abc cinema(now jurys hotel} and the ulster hall gig.The night they played the abc(65 around about the time satisfaction was released}it was bedlam outside the abc due to the massive crowd of stones fans waiting for a glimpse of their heroes.Maybe it will be four times if aiken gets his finger out!

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road