ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
On the Road World Tour 2002 - 2003

Mexico City, during the shooting of "She Was Hot" and "Too Much Blood"
January 1984 by Agapito Pelaéz K... Gracias Rogerriffin
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I bought some Stones boots today! Return to archive
07-28-02 07:25 AM
Honky Tonk Man I went to a record fair this morning and after about 30 minutes wandering around finding nothing, i came across this stall which had quite a few. So i got 3 boots

ARCO Arena Sacramento (Jan 99)
Steel Wheels rehersals
Fort Worth Texas 1972 (both shows)

All sound pretty good. The 72 shows are abit quiet, but if you crank up the volume they sound really good

The thing is, all the 99 shows sound the same!!

Alex
07-28-02 06:14 PM
Gazza "Steel wheels rehearsals" ???

rehearsals for the album,you mean..or the tour?

Ive only heard of a couple of minutes worth of studio rehearsals in circulation for that album (basically short clips used on "25 x 5" or the demo version of the same show..)
07-28-02 07:00 PM
Honky Tonk Man No, sadly it is not studio rehearsals. The title is just "Steel Wheels Rehearsels" which i suppose is confusing. Its just a tour rehearsle. Its fantastic quallty and it seems its a little "Pre Concert" concert. I thought it would just be 15 songs picked from a host of rehearsals. I bet you have the cd Gazza.

Track list

Start Me Up
Bitch
Shattered
Sad Sad Sad
Undercover Of The Night
Harlem Shuffle
Tumbling Dice
Miss You
Ruby Tuesday
Play With Fire
Dead Flowers
One Hit To The Body
Mixed Emotions
Honky Tonk Man
Rock And A Hard Place
07-28-02 07:21 PM
Gazza dont know about the actual CD but maybe have it under another title

is it a soundboard? If so,it may be an edited version of the dress rehearsal at Veterans stadium,Philadelphia on 29.8.89 two days before the tour opener in the same stadium.(the CD "Better than the real rebirth" lists this as Foxboro 29.9.89 which is incorrect)

Thanks!
07-28-02 07:41 PM
Honky Tonk Man HA HA, What a coincidence! The inner sleeve is a pic from Veterans Stadium, Philadelphia 29/9/89!

This boot has no details about the sessions. Just the songs on the cd. Its simply called "The Steel Wheels Rehearsals" which is confusing. The front picture is that one with Keith without a shirt with his back to the camera and skull ringed hand touching his shoulder.

I have not heard a great deal from this tour, but from the stuffi have heard it sounds really Synthisiser driven. It all just has that tacky 80s production feel AND sound too. These rehearsels are great, but reak of 80s Phil Collins style production. LOL

Oh and its soundboard

Alex
[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
07-28-02 07:55 PM
Honky Tonk Man I didnt want to edit the original post again, but Gazza, yep its the show you were talking about. Wish it included all 28 songs though

Alex
07-28-02 08:01 PM
Mathijs Did you buy the audience recording version of the Fort Worth 1972 shows? The first show is available in excellent sound board quality in its entirity but missing All Down The Line, the second show is for available in its entirity in very good sound board quality.

Mathijs
07-28-02 08:07 PM
Sir Stonesalot Even better than "Better Than The Real Rebirth" is the great "Dead Man Cumming". It has both of the pre tour rehearsal shows, from the 28th and the 29th. Super sbd quality.
07-29-02 08:01 AM
Honky Tonk Man No, i think mine are au7dience recording. They sound abit quiet, but if you crank up the volume they sound fine to me. The best sounding live boot from this period which i have heard is Perth 73. It is not their strongest performance, but i thought the sound was great.
07-29-02 10:13 AM
jb HTM-you must get "Leed Lungs" and one of the many versions of "Brussels Affair"-quite simply these are the best boots ever recorded in the 71-73 time period. Morever, it is beyond cavil that the Brussels performance is the greatest concert ever performed by the Stones, or any band for that matter.
07-29-02 10:42 AM
Joey "Morever, it is beyond cavil that the Brussels performance is the greatest concert ever performed by the Stones, or any band for that matter. "

Amen Josh -- scalding -- burns my fingers !

Joe Fly

07-29-02 10:57 AM
jb Joey..no goofing around...the VIP package for Chicago is awesome! I paid 5k for the 4 tickets to the South Florida concerts and now their is a VIP package for both shows(2 tickets for each show) for only $2300.00! I may very well purchase the VIP package for either Boston or Chicago..this is really a good value for someone like me who pays the ridiculous prices asked by scalpers!
07-29-02 11:08 AM
Joey 'The VIP package for Chicago is awesome! '

Well my Joshy , I got news for you !!!!

The weather in Chicago in September can be frightfully
nasty ........one never knows when the first cold front will blast on through ( Steelie has an inkling though , his liver begins to quiver when a fall storm is about to deliver ) !

Imagine sitting in Comisky Park while a cold north wind hits you at 40 MPH and a little freezing drizzle pounds your face like " ice exciting " !!! Still want to spend the money ?

Have you ever been to a concert at the cavernous United Center ??? I have seen the Stones three different times there and to say the sound is murder is being very kind .
Still want to spend the money ???????

Go to the Aragon and pay the one thousand dollar ticket price and thank Joey later !

" Help Me Ronnie "

And now this ................

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey !

Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Jo Joey !

07-29-02 11:24 AM
Honky Tonk Man Hey jb, yeah i already own a much tresured copy of "Brussels Affair" Gimmie Shelter blows me away every time. I have heard some of the Leeds 71 show and i pressume its sounboard. The quality is fantastic. Of course "Let It Rock" was the b side to Brown Sugar. Awsome stuff.

The Oakland 69 show/shows are what im after at the moment!

Alex
07-29-02 11:51 AM
jb On my copy of Leed Lungs, there are 2 versions of the great "let it Rock"..one in mono and one in stereo quality....I love when he introduces "new" songs like Bitch and Brown Sugar...god I would have loved to have been there! As far as Gimme Shelter on "BA", perhaps the greatest moment in Stone guitar history with MT's vicious solos and KR's magical fill ins...
Lastly, JOEY, are you suggesting I go the Boston route instead of Chicago? I am reluctant to fly in and particularly out of Boston as airpory security in Boston has been less than stellar.
07-29-02 01:06 PM
padre What's the best boot from the Brussels sessions?
07-29-02 01:24 PM
Joey Lastly, JOEY, are you suggesting I go the Boston route instead of Chicago? I am reluctant to fly in and particularly out of Boston as airpory security in Boston has been less than stellar. "

I don't know anything about Boston !

...or the East Coast !

I know where Jones Beach is though .....Nanky told me how to get there .

Joe Fly !

07-29-02 01:41 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well Padre, I suppose it's a matter of taste....some say that the original "A Brussels Affair" can never be surpassed...some say it's "Nasty Music"...but I say that it's the Rattlesnake version "The Definative Brussels Affair". Not only does it have Brussels, but it also has the rest of the King Biscuit tracks from the 73 tour...London, Newcastle, and Munich...and 4 tracks from Vienna as well. IMO, more bang for the buck.
07-29-02 01:55 PM
jb I have a gold disc called "A Brussels Affair" and it is excellent quality. I bought a disc called "Midnight Rambler" which also is the brussels show and quality not so good. Go to the great Majthis' site and he has the entire history of the show and the boots and I think he reccomends "Nasty Music" and 2 others for the completist.
07-29-02 06:51 PM
swapwoodfortaylor .....and why are 'Leeds Lungs' and 'Brussels' so outstanding? It's that pre-Wood factor at work again!!
07-30-02 04:21 PM
jb Res Ipsa Loquitur
07-30-02 04:39 PM
Joey "Res Ipsa Loquitur "

You make young Joey say , ..............Huh ???????

Bunny

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board. The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.
Rolling Stones tour 2002 - Rolling Stones World Tour - Rolling Stones on the road