ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Alice Cooper On CNN Return to archive
3rd August 2006 02:43 PM
RollingstonesUSA Alice Cooper visited CNN's "Live From..." on Wednesday (August 2) to talk with host Kyra Phillips about his plans to build a new teen center in Phoenix, Arizona. Watch the interview here.

Cooper recently told the Associated Press that his Christian, nonprofit Solid Rock Foundation has begun fundraising efforts for a 20,000-square-foot teen activity center to be called The Rock, to be built at Grand Canyon University in West Phoenix.

The $3 million center will feature a recording studio, indoor basketball courts, rock-climbing walls, coffeehouse, game room and concert hall. Construction is expected to begin next year.

"People don't lay in the sun in southwest Phoenix. There's lots of shootings going, there's lots of meth going on, there's lots of gangs," Cooper said. "In the middle of all that is a bunch of 12-, 13-, 14-year-old kids that can go one way or the other."
3rd August 2006 03:07 PM
RollingstonesUSA Here's the link to the video....

http://www.cnn.com/video/player/player.html?url=/video/showbiz/2006/08/02/phillips.alice.cooper.interview.cnn
3rd August 2006 03:07 PM
glencar I thought AC was a jew?
3rd August 2006 03:11 PM
Jumping Jack He is the son of a preacher and his wife is a preacher's daughter.
3rd August 2006 03:13 PM
Jumping Jack So, did he mention opening for the Stones on any other dates?
3rd August 2006 03:13 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
So, did he mention opening for the Stones on any other dates?

Nah, he talked about the new kids center, Grocho Marx and Frank Zappa....
3rd August 2006 03:17 PM
RollingstonesUSA Jumpin' Jack did you like The Who song....
3rd August 2006 07:15 PM
jaymze Alice Rocks!!!!

Have seen him live a few times in the past and even without a big theatrical show he is a great front man. seeing him playing with the 'Stones would be a great gig.

Was in a taxi a few months ago on a friday night and the driver was asking me what i was doing for the weekend, when i told him i was going to see Alice he said he had seen him in 1973/4 in Wembley arena. A lady i work with was telling me today that she saw him 3 times in the 80's, and could not believe that he can still fill big venues around the UK in 2005/6. He seems to be everywhere...

Again, Alice Rocks!!!!!
3rd August 2006 07:22 PM
Jumping Jack Alice is much better now than he was in the 70s or 80s. Seriously, he kicks ass now.

Chris, the for W&G! It has gotten great reviews by Who fans. For me personally, I thought it was good, but not great. It did not grab me the way the RJ or IORR did on first listen. Or WOMD or Sunset Babies from Dirty Diamonds for that matter. I do appreciate your help though!!! I hope you don't mind, but I passed it on to Joeykins as a BD present. I haven't seen him today so he must still be listening to it, LOL!
3rd August 2006 10:46 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Alice is much better now than he was in the 70s or 80s. Seriously, he kicks ass now.

Chris, the for W&G! It has gotten great reviews by Who fans. For me personally, I thought it was good, but not great. It did not grab me the way the RJ or IORR did on first listen. Or WOMD or Sunset Babies from Dirty Diamonds for that matter. I do appreciate your help though!!! I hope you don't mind, but I passed it on to Joeykins as a BD present. I haven't seen him today so he must still be listening to it, LOL!

I don't mind at all, spread the music!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)