ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: GNR doing Sway Return to archive
3rd August 2006 11:13 AM
Saint Sway crappy you tube vid but here ya go....

the beginning is just axl talking and fans cheering, takes awhile b4 they kick into the tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rymPbB9HoDY
3rd August 2006 11:16 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
crappy you tube vid but here ya go....

the beginning is just axl talking and fans cheering, takes awhile b4 they kick into the tune.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rymPbB9HoDY

I can't watch, because I know it will kick more ass than the lame stones version from this tour and then depression will kick in.
3rd August 2006 11:21 AM
glencar Vocally, it sucks...
3rd August 2006 11:24 AM
glencar Watch this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU2Ufo2AIwI&mode=related&search=
3rd August 2006 11:42 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

I can't watch, because I know it will kick more ass than the lame stones version from this tour and then depression will kick in.

well, you need not worry.
3rd August 2006 11:43 AM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Vocally, it sucks...

That's a given!
3rd August 2006 11:51 AM
Saint Sway why do so many people knock the Stones version from this tour?

I enjoyed the Stones version live when I heard it at MSG. The 1st time they played in Pitt was a bit shaky and sloppy but I still enjoyed. I much prefer hearing songs that are a little rough around the edges than the clean robotic takes they do on MU, HTW, SMU etc

and I'd rather here a tune they never play like Sway or ATGB then the warhorses I've heard 50x ea

and... also... Axl sucks. He sounds like a dying cat.
3rd August 2006 11:53 AM
pdog
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
why do so many people knock the Stones version from this tour?

I was glad they attempted it, but they didn't pull it off!
It was a lowpoint for me, I did sing along and imagine it done properly in my head.
3rd August 2006 11:54 AM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
why do so many people knock the Stones version from this tour?

I enjoyed the Stones version live when I heard it at MSG. The 1st time they played in Pitt was a bit shaky and sloppy but I still enjoyed. I much prefer hearing songs that are a little rough around the edges than the clean robotic takes they do on MU, HTW, SMU etc

and I'd rather here a tune they never play like Sway or ATGB then the warhorses I've heard 50x ea

and... also... Axl sucks. He sounds like a dying cat.

Wow, I've never agreed with the lil feminazi 100% before! Red letter day!
3rd August 2006 12:04 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
pdog wrote:

I was glad they attempted it, but they didn't pull it off!
It was a lowpoint for me, I did sing along and imagine it done properly in my head.

yeah I was probably singing too loud to notice any of that. But I fully enjoyed it and thats all that matters.

the boots I've heard lack the guitar punch of the original and especially those fluid Mick Taylor leads that just ooze out of the speaker like audio smack and wraps you up with the warmest buzz ever created.

still.... I'd take the 06 version over anything else in the set. Its fun and its still at the point where you feel you're at a really special show when they play it.

I've heard the Crowes nail the geetars on this one btw. They also ripped it off too rather nicely on 'Sister Luck'
3rd August 2006 12:05 PM
pdog Stone will never cover Sister Luck...
3rd August 2006 12:12 PM
Saint Sway Crowes will never cover Rain Fall Down
3rd August 2006 12:13 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Crowes will never cover Rain Fall Down

No One Will cover Rain Fall Down!
3rd August 2006 12:19 PM
Some Guy Sister Luck good song.
3rd August 2006 12:21 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:
Stone will never cover Sister Luck...

You sure? Stones covered Justin Timberlake once.
3rd August 2006 12:25 PM
pdog
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

You sure? Stones covered Justin Timberlake once.

Was that in a game of smear the queer?
3rd August 2006 09:35 PM
Soldatti The stones live version is was better.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)