ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: This is sad.....poor Mac!!! Return to archive
2nd August 2006 07:47 PM
LadyJane Kim McLagan dead at 57
Wife of musician Ian McLagan killed in two-vehicle collision on FM 969.
By Michael Corcoran AMERICAN-STATESMAN

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A traffic collision today claimed the life of Kim McLagan, 57, a top British fashion model of the 1960s, a Smithville skincare salon operator and wife of former Faces keyboardist Ian McLagan.

The couple have lived in Manor since 1994.

The two-vehicle collision occurred shortly before noon at the intersection of Taylor Lane and FM 969 in Eastern Travis County.

As a teenager, Kim McLagan was the toast of swinging London, marrying the Who drummer Keith Moon in 1966 and appearing the next year in the worldwide satellite debut of the Beatles' "All You Need Is Love" video. She was divorced from Moon in 1975. Moon died in 1978.

In 1978, she married Ian McLagan in England. Despite her life there amid fashion and rock stars, Kim McLagan seemed just as suited to the peaceful, rural life outside of Manor, where the McLagans lived on 15 acres.

She owned a shop called K.M. Skincare on Texas 71 between Bastrop and Smithville. She was a licensed aesthetician and previously worked at Lake Austin Spa.

Growing up as Patsy Kerrigan, the doe-eyed beauty changed her name to Kim to avoid confusion with another model she resembled, Pattie Boyd.

She's survived by a daughter, Mandy Moon, the product of her stormy marriage to the Who drummer, who died of an accidental drug overdose the same year Kim married Ian McLagan. The McLagans had no children together.

After years in Los Angeles, the couple moved to Manor after the California city's 1994 earthquake. Ian McLagan soon established himself as a fixture on the Austin music scene.

Make all of our bitching seem a tad trite, no??

So sorry, Mac!!

LJ.
2nd August 2006 07:55 PM
glencar Wow, that's so sad. RIP Kim.
2nd August 2006 07:57 PM
not bound to please
quote:
glencar wrote:
Wow, that's so sad. RIP Kim.

Very sad.
2nd August 2006 08:21 PM
Gazza Shit..what sad news. RIP Kim
2nd August 2006 09:41 PM
pdog I always thought Mac was way cool, I don't know much about her, but I'm sure she was cool too!

2nd August 2006 10:00 PM
glencar Mac's book features a few things about her. It's clear that he loved her deeply.
2nd August 2006 10:05 PM
kath http://www.legacy.com/statesman/Gue...Id=18726801&RN=

sign the guest book for ian's wife. from austin newspaper.
2nd August 2006 10:52 PM
Daethgod horrible news

Mac is the coolest guy
signed all the CDs i brought, plus the book and a cool photo
Your Aussie fans are thinking of you buddy

2nd August 2006 11:11 PM
Soldatti Sad news.
3rd August 2006 12:13 AM
BILL PERKS HOW TERRIBLE..SIGN THE GUESTBOOK AND REALLY SHOW MAC YOU CARE
3rd August 2006 01:40 AM
Sir Stonesalot Ugh.

My condolences to Mac and her family.

What a tragedy....
3rd August 2006 02:07 AM
Poplar
ran a stop sign ... hit by a dump truck.
how awful... and frightening.
3rd August 2006 04:11 AM
Jumacfly RIP Kim.

we're with you Mac.
3rd August 2006 04:19 AM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:

ran a stop sign ... hit by a dump truck.
how awful... and frightening.

People drive like fuckheads...
3rd August 2006 04:48 AM
Angiegirl Very sad news, poor Mac and Mandy! He must feel pretty devastated. I didn't know much about her until I read Mac's book All The Rage, fantasticly humorous book btw. All the best to them all.
3rd August 2006 05:49 AM
Zack In the early pictures with Moon, the ones with Mandy and the pet fox, she appeared to be just a lovely woman. Se was called a female Mr. Magoo for her terrible eyesight. After enduring Moon;s antics for so long, she finally found the real thing with Mac, and they stayed together 28 years. A long time for a rock star wife. What a senseless way to go. Condolences to Mac and Mandy. RIP Kim
3rd August 2006 07:25 AM
corgi37 Pity they had no kids together.

RIP
3rd August 2006 07:56 AM
Factory Girl Very sad news. RIP Kim. My condolences to Mac.
3rd August 2006 08:16 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Rest in peace Kim, mt condolences to Mac

© 1978 Eric Swayne

© 1978 Dave Sprecher
3rd August 2006 10:07 AM
Martha More sad news....my deepest sympathies to all who knew and loved her.
3rd August 2006 12:32 PM
Water Dragon My condolences to her family
3rd August 2006 11:24 PM
Kilroy Very sad, life is to short. pain strikes us all. RIP Sweetheart.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)