ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Real Fans: Take action Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
2nd August 2006 05:51 PM
not bound to please
quote:
pdog wrote:

You are a strong and inteligent woman with a slightly submissive side... I like that in a woman!

thank you kindly sir...
2nd August 2006 05:53 PM
pdog
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

thank you kindly sir...

And thank you... One day, we will dance like this...

2nd August 2006 05:59 PM
not bound to please
quote:
pdog wrote:

And thank you... One day, we will dance like this...

okay - lost his email - just googled him....
2nd August 2006 06:00 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

You attend several shows at a low cost. I just don't have the time to do that, but you are to be commended for your intuitive thinking.

I use many methods to determine what the parking lot value of a ticket should be. Failing that, there are other forms of intuitive thinking to put to work, like a mask, some threatening looking utensils and a knowledge of who the top earning Stones fans on this board are.
2nd August 2006 06:09 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

I use many methods to determine what the parking lot value of a ticket should be. Failing that, there are other forms of intuitive thinking to put to work, like a mask, some threatening looking utensils and a knowledge of who the top earning Stones fans on this board are.

Free cab rides in SF for you! LOL!
2nd August 2006 06:14 PM
glencar Why is Puggy starting inane threads like this? This is hit! You guys are salvaging shit. Oy vey!
2nd August 2006 06:17 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch PLEASE: Post below that you are upset with your city's ticket sales rate, along with how many shows you shall attend and/or total dollars spent so that we can see who the true fans are!!

The slow ticket sales in Chicago are can be blamed on common sense and simple math. Ticket prices have doubled for the Stones for the same venue/seats- same show- from only a year ago. Are we to believe it's doubled because of Neo-con? Are they tryiing to make up for the lost revenue for the European shows they canceled? As I stated before, when you're paying the same price for an oz of heady that you are for a seat for 1 1/2 hours, it's not hard to know where the relative value of your money lies.

Stones are putting the squeeze on their fans, "true" or not. Just because someone is stupid or desparate enough to forgo paying their rent or having beer money for a month to see the Stones doesn't make them a true fan. I go to a lot of shows in Chicago, and no one but the Stones work at pushing merchandise and ticket prices to the outer limits. Springsteen, Dylan, Petty... all hold their prices down so the average Joe doesn't feel like a smoe just to see them.

Who said that to be a "true" fan you also had to be a sucker? Only the Stones...

I'm sorry, because I really like this band's music, but I'm tired of feeling like I'm being played for a sap (once again) just because I want to hear them live.
2nd August 2006 06:19 PM
Dan
quote:

Who said that to be a "true" fan you also had to be a sucker?

That was me. But I say it on any music board that has fan club ticket distribution.

quote:

Only the Stones...

Iron Maiden and Aerosmith too.
2nd August 2006 06:22 PM
pdog Tom Petty doesn't sell out his shows, no matter what the cost! I saw him thanks to a papering of tickets, and I wasn't impressed at all. Dylan and springsteen are great IMO...
Stones, also great live, I'm just not paying top dollar anymore, they're not that good!
2nd August 2006 06:23 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

Free cab rides in SF for you! LOL!

If the rumors about AC/DC opening in Oakland turn out to be true, I just might come up a day early and see Mudhoney.
2nd August 2006 06:25 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

If the rumors about AC/DC opening in Oakland turn out to be true, I just might come up a day early and see Mudhoney.

Is that on a Saturday? SHIT!
I can get you over to Oaklnd when I go. I'll be working and just drive over, we can work the parking lot together!
2nd August 2006 06:27 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
pdog wrote:
Tom Petty doesn't sell out his shows, no matter what the cost! I saw him thanks to a papering of tickets, and I wasn't impressed at all. Dylan and springsteen are great IMO...
Stones, also great live, I'm just not paying top dollar anymore, they're not that good!

Are the raconteurs worth top dollar?
2nd August 2006 06:32 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch I'll go see the Stones this round if they show up at the Aragon again like a few years back. Even the United Center was preferable to da Bears place. I'm done with stadium shows where you're paying an inflated dollar price for a subpar seat. Been there, done that. It's not worth the $450+ price tag to be on the field in the 20+ rows.

Petty puts on a great show- if you haven't seen it before. He needs to change up his set list. His new release, Highway Companion is excellent if you haven't heard it. If you caught the "Lost Cities" Tour then you would have been disappointed. Everyone even stopped taping or collecting that tour. Springsteen's recent Acoustic Tour was the totally incredible, imho. I didn't like the wall of sound from the Seegar Sessions though. Can't ever say enough nice things about Dylan, always. Every show.
2nd August 2006 06:49 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

Is that on a Saturday? SHIT!
I can get you over to Oaklnd when I go. I'll be working and just drive over, we can work the parking lot together!

Cool! A little too far off to tell right now, wont make up my mind til October. I worked the arena lot in '99 and did pretty good.
2nd August 2006 06:53 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch Are the raconteurs worth top dollar?

The argument isn't just CAN you get it out of your fans, but should you? I think all three of the artists I mentioned work at keeping their ticket prices reasonable.
2nd August 2006 06:59 PM
Dan
quote:
Lucy_Bandersnatch wrote:

The argument isn't just CAN you get it out of your fans, but should you? I think all three of the artists I mentioned work at keeping their ticket prices reasonable.

Well, I think all the Raconteurs shows are sold out, so it wouldn't necessarily be the band seeking top dollar on this one.
2nd August 2006 07:03 PM
Lucy_Bandersnatch Ah, the Raconteurs, not the "raconteurs"^. Can't say. Haven't seen them.
2nd August 2006 07:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I AM UNHAPPY WITH THE SLOW PACE OF TICKET SALES IN MY HOMETOWN OF CHICAGO!!!!!!!

I AM UNHAPPY WITH THE FACT THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED MY HOMETOWN IN 41 YEARS AND NEVER WILL AGAIN!!!
2nd August 2006 08:02 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
Lucy_Bandersnatch wrote:
Ah, the Raconteurs, not the "raconteurs"^. Can't say. Haven't seen them.

Yes, the Band
2nd August 2006 08:46 PM
Paranoid_Android They havn't announced a date in DC...unlikely that they will...so I am waiting on Atlantic City...Password anyone?
3rd August 2006 11:09 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

I'm ashamed of the sales for Giants Stadium.

GotToRollMe and I will be the only people there.

Look on the bright side, SV...we'll have them all to ourselves!

Seriously though, Giants was a logistical mistake motivated by greed. As I've stated before, they could have sold out 3 nights at MSG as well as one night each at The Beacon and AC. Big error in judgment on the part of Mr. Cohl.

By the way, we must meet and greet before the show! Shoot me an email and we'll arrange something.

3rd August 2006 11:24 AM
pdog
quote:
Black and Blue wrote:

They're a the best show I've seen this year! I saw The Stones this year too.
3rd August 2006 11:25 AM
pdog
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
Password anyone?

Password: $
3rd August 2006 12:38 PM
Nellcote Several things will make my visit to Gillette
on 20 September worth my B-stage front row seat
only ever more pleasureable.

** My rantings to Chuck Leavell for world premiere of
She Was Hot at the b stage will come true!
** Enjoying the company of many Rocks Off posters
pre-gig & post gig
** Watching Chevy Sales view the Three Time Super
Bowl Champion New England Patriots banners as Jagger
acknowledges New England as a Champion Region!
Face it Chevy, you know it is coming...After all
they are not playing at the Phin Bowl!

See You All There!
[Edited by Nellcote]
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)