ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Real Fans: Take action Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
2nd August 2006 03:14 PM
pdog
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

I will attend the L.A. show. And the Vegas one. And MSG.

I predicted you would....
2nd August 2006 03:15 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
pdog wrote:

I predicted you would....

When? And where?
2nd August 2006 03:15 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

"Mini" is a misnomer term coined by those who pretend they are in the know, when in fact the word "mini" directly contradicts the BIGGER in "A Bigger Bang."

then explain it's "mini" sales in the USA.
2nd August 2006 03:16 PM
pdog
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

When? And where?

Months ago... Post # 12,482...

2nd August 2006 03:18 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
pdog wrote:

Months ago... Post # 12,482...

Prove it!
2nd August 2006 03:20 PM
Gimme Shelter I will be at the Oakland show. Just waiting for tickets to go on sale.
2nd August 2006 03:21 PM
stonesgirl101
LMMFAO!!!!!
2nd August 2006 03:22 PM
pdog
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Prove it!

You sound like a woman holding a bastard baby...

2nd August 2006 03:28 PM
gorda I will not be paying $450 dollars to see Mick Jagger make out with Lisa Fischer on a huge giant TV screen!
2nd August 2006 03:30 PM
pdog
quote:
gorda wrote:
I will not be paying $450 dollars to see Mick Jagger make out with Lisa Fischer on a huge giant TV screen!

How much would you be willing to pay?
2nd August 2006 03:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:
quote:Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

This is by far the most stupid thing I have ever read.

Are you new here?

That is top level posting right there!
2nd August 2006 03:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
pdog wrote:

You sound like a woman holding a bastard baby...

Welcome back!
2nd August 2006 03:36 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
gorda wrote:
I will not be paying $450 dollars to see Mick Jagger make out with Lisa Fischer on a huge giant TV screen!

I would. Especially when Mick says to Lisa: "Wat een mooie jurk, ik zag je lopen op de wallen".
2nd August 2006 03:37 PM
F505
quote:
gorda wrote:

Don't be jealous woman!
2nd August 2006 03:37 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

I would. Especially when Mick says to Lisa: "Wat een mooie jurk, ik zag je lopen op de wallen".

Many were impressed with Mick's decision to sing in Italian at the Euro opener!
2nd August 2006 03:39 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
That is a poor excuse! We released info regarding the fall mini tour months ago to those who were salivating for details. There was plenty of time for sound financial planning for those on a fixed budget.

regardless of whether 'you' revealed tour details to the world 4 days ago or four months ago, doesn't have anything to do with being broke "is a poor excuse". that's reality, pal. summer is the busiest season for tours and people have spent money on other concerts in august and september already.

what about north americans going to or have gone to europe. think they're going to go after forking out all that cash. are YOU still the bigger fan?

so, please, spare us the bs using words like "true", "real" and "dedicated". fact of the matter is, with the last half of the summer schedule still to come, and with Christmas around the corner, people aren't going to spend crazy amounts of money to see the same show and setlist they saw a few months ago. that's their personal, financial decision and I hardly think that your labelling and finger-pointing reduces them as a "fan".

2nd August 2006 03:41 PM
voodoopug
quote:
F505 wrote:

Don't be jealous woman!

We are all having a trying day. I feel I have helped many (see: making dreams come true) alleviate stress by suggesting we use this forum to vent our frustration, also lining up my mental notes as to who the true fans are!

Many thanks.....any greetings that were threatened in this thread have been "unthreatened"

2nd August 2006 03:43 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

regardless of whether 'you' revealed tour details to the world 4 days ago or four months ago, doesn't have anything to do with being broke "is a poor excuse". that's reality, pal. summer is the busiest season for tours and people have spent money on other concerts in august and september already.

what about north americans going to or have gone to europe. think they're going to go after forking out all that cash. are YOU still the bigger fan?

so, please, spare us the bs using words like "true", "real" and "dedicated". fact of the matter is, with the last half of the summer schedule still to come, and with Christmas around the corner, people aren't going to spend crazy amounts of money to see the same show and setlist they saw a few months ago. that's their personal, financial decision and I hardly think that your labelling and finger-pointing reduces them as a "fan".

I think no less of those folks as people/friends/aquaintances,as we have all been there (see Voodoopug circa 1997) but do discount their status as a "true fan" if they allocate tour funds to other bands.
2nd August 2006 03:43 PM
F505 The tour will end in a complete disaster. I predict only big companies will buy tickets and give them to their employees. It has nothing to do with music anymore. It's only about commerce and selling tickets for outrageous prices. The Stones have made a product of rock 'n roll.
2nd August 2006 03:44 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Many were impressed with Mick's decision to sing in Italian at the Euro opener!

And they should be. His Dutch is improving BTW.
SweetVirginia
I'm ashamed of the sales for Giants Stadium.

GotToRollMe and I will be the only people there.

gimmekeef Its more fun to watch pdogs avatars anyway...There free!
2nd August 2006 03:45 PM
F505
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

I'm ashamed of the sales for Giants Stadium.

GotToRollMe and I will be the only people there.

I am ashamed you will go there.
2nd August 2006 03:45 PM
Some Guy i predict deletion.
2nd August 2006 03:46 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I think no less of those folks as people/friends/aquaintances,as we have all been there (see Voodoopug circa 1997) but do discount their status as a "true fan" if they allocate tour funds to other bands.

Thankfully Dodger Stadium will not interfere with the Mudhoney and Iron Maiden tours.
2nd August 2006 03:48 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
F505 wrote:
The tour will end in a complete disaster. I predict only big companies will buy tickets and give them to their employees. It has nothing to do with music anymore. It's only about commerce and selling tickets for outrageous prices. The Stones have made a product of rock 'n roll.

Just a sec. You seem to forget that since we got the Euro, everything has become at least twice as expensive. Same goes for Mick cs.

On the other hand, RollingStones Ltd. has been a Dutch company since 1971, so they have not payed any taxes worth mentioning since then.
[Edited by Strange_Stray_Cat]
2nd August 2006 03:49 PM
F505
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
i predict deletion.

I predict you will surpass the Pug in predictions shortly.
2nd August 2006 03:57 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Just a sec. You seem to forget that since we got the Euro, everything has become at least twice as expensive. Same goes for Mick cs.

On the other hand, RollingStones Ltd. has been a Dutch company since 1971, so they have not payed any taxes worth mentioning since then.

I have taken that into account. The Euro has been in place for several years now and some stability has returned. We have seen a substantial increase in the cost of living in the last 4-7 years in the US.

Some reasons are:

1. Increase in fuel prices, while Europe has suffered through these prices and much higher for years, we do not have a sufficient public transportation system in place that will accomondate many who are a financial crisis bubble. Many did not budget for the severe increase in home heating as well!

2. Loss of amount of decent paying jobs ($80K and higher) has caused many to take lesser paying jobs that their skill set would previously have allowed them.

3. Increase in healthcare costs. This has especially been hurtful to those working for themselves or running small businesses.

4. Cost of sending children to college has seen a steep increase, but those who investigated this realized that an investment similar to a "529" could really improve long term financial planning

Through these changing times, those who adjust/plan/forecast accordingly have found ways to thrive in these times. Those who have done this and are true fans, should pony up and buy some tickets.
2nd August 2006 03:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
F505 wrote:

I predict you will surpass the Pug in predictions shortly.

My goal is not to win "total gross predictions", but to be among the front runners in "total accurate predictions" (See: Making dreams come true)
2nd August 2006 04:03 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I have taken that into account. The Euro has been in place for several years now and some stability has returned. We have seen a substantial increase in the cost of living in the last 4-7 years in the US.

Some reasons are:

1. Increase in fuel prices, while Europe has suffered through these prices and much higher for years, we do not have a sufficient public transportation system in place that will accomondate many who are a financial crisis bubble. Many did not budget for the severe increase in home heating as well!

2. Loss of amount of decent paying jobs ($80K and higher) has caused many to take lesser paying jobs that their skill set would previously have allowed them.

3. Increase in healthcare costs. This has especially been hurtful to those working for themselves or running small businesses.

4. Cost of sending children to college has seen a steep increase, but those who investigated this realized that an investment similar to a "529" could really improve long term financial planning

Through these changing times, those who adjust/plan/forecast accordingly have found ways to thrive in these times. Those who have done this and are true fans, should pony up and buy some tickets.

I have an 80K and higher paying job. But most Dutch people don't.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)