ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Real Fans: Take action Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
2nd August 2006 02:41 PM
voodoopug I have been watching the events unfold this last week and have decided that I need to take action for my own health! I encourage (and frankly, demand it from all real fans) all to follow suit.

I AM UNHAPPY WITH THE SLOW PACE OF TICKET SALES IN MY HOMETOWN OF CHICAGO!!!!!!!

There, I said it. I find this will be a healthy alternative, to allowing the anger/humiliation/frustration to bottle up and lead to more severe problems (including, but not limited to: drinking of single malt scotch straight from the bottle, model airplane glue sniffing, road rage, Sexual Disfunction, and nervous twitching).

This is much more than just acknowledging that some will go to Summits (we shall not attend) and not concerts, but this involves soul searching and honest assessment of disappointment/humiliation/anger caused by the inaction of the so called "True Fans".

There continue to be several (see JB, myself, ErikJJF, etc) who are dedicated to the cause and do our part by procuring tickets to multiple shows without hesitation. These are the people I shall greet this time. I will be unable to make time for those who refuse to allocate adequate funds to the tour as my kids are getting older, my oldest turns two this weekend and now has a very good grasp as to what is going on around him and understands our actions (we are told he is very gifted by his team of physicians!) and can communicate at an astonishing level; and risk them witnessing my blood pressure escalating, or an alcohol habit forming.

This one is for the kids, and I have to set that example.

PLEASE: Post below that you are upset with your city's ticket sales rate, along with how many shows you shall attend and/or total dollars spent so that we can see who the true fans are!!
2nd August 2006 02:45 PM
jb Very good posting. I am ashamed of the sales, particularly Boston. The fact that they chose to open there, and are literally being spit in the face by this city, is truly humiliating.
2nd August 2006 02:50 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat This is the most stupid post in years.

And I allready have an alcohol habit.
2nd August 2006 02:50 PM
Dan My city hasn't gone on sale yet. I am prepared to spend up to $40 for a ticket anywhere in the venue.

To the TRUE L.A. fans, in order to fill the venue to avoid humiliation, I would urge you to break out your credit cards and buy the limit on $450 tickets. You will be able to sell them in the parking lot for face value (or more) right before show time. Honest.
2nd August 2006 02:51 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Dan wrote:
My city hasn't gone on sale yet. I am prepared to spend up to $40 for a ticket anywhere in the venue.

To the TRUE L.A. fans, in order to fill the venue to avoid humiliation, I would urge you to break out your credit cards and buy the limit on $450 tickets. You will be able to sell them in the parking lot for face value (or more) right before show time. Honest.

I will attend the L.A. show. And the Vegas one. And MSG.
2nd August 2006 02:51 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I AM UNHAPPY WITH THE SLOW PACE OF TICKET SALES IN MY HOMETOWN OF CHICAGO!!!!!!!

I predicted this would happen...
2nd August 2006 02:52 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:
My city hasn't gone on sale yet. I am prepared to spend up to $40 for a ticket anywhere in the venue.

That's the spirit....we need the folks in the trenches (See: trolling parking lots) getting the word out on the street very much like our ancestors have done in the old days!
2nd August 2006 02:52 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
Very good posting. I am ashamed of the sales, particularly Boston. The fact that they chose to open there, and are literally being spit in the face by this city, is truly humiliating.

The tour already opened there, a year ago. This is an extension of the same tour, not a brand new tour.
2nd August 2006 02:53 PM
F505 I predict this fall Tour will be cancelled very soon. Ticket sales are even worse than in Europe.
2nd August 2006 02:53 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

I predicted this would happen...

Sadly, many have, including myself. There just are not many true fans left, only fair weather, Aerosmith loving, Macca worshiping fans, who convince themselves they are true stones fans!
2nd August 2006 02:54 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

The tour already opened there, a year ago. This is an extension of the same tour, not a brand new tour.

See: MINI TOUR
voodoopug
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
This is the most stupid post in years.

jb
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
This is the most stupid post in years.

2nd August 2006 02:55 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

I will attend the L.A. show. And the Vegas one. And MSG.

I have those shows earmarked as well.
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Why not?
Lazy Bones
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Sadly, many have, including myself. There just are not many true fans left,

I disagree. They're around, just broke!

2nd August 2006 02:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Lazy Bones wrote:

I disagree. They're around, just broke!

That is a poor excuse! We released info regarding the fall mini tour months ago to those who were salivating for details. There was plenty of time for sound financial planning for those on a fixed budget.

Our good friend, Stonesdoug, is involved in financial planning and could have helped "true" fans allocated necessarry funds to earmark for the mini tour!

I am very disappointed and find myself unable to digest most meals these days properly!!!!!
2nd August 2006 02:59 PM
gimmekeef Everyone ..take a deep breath..and fart all over this topic!...Enough whining!!!!!!!!!!..The paper is being printed as we speak to fill these gigs.....
2nd August 2006 03:00 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

That is a poor excuse! We released info regarding the fall mini tour months ago to those who were salivating for details. There was plenty of time for sound financial planning for those on a fixed budget.

Our good friend, Stonesdoug, is involved in financial planning and could have helped "true" fans allocated necessarry funds to earmark for the mini tour!

I am very disappointed and find myself unable to digest most meals these days properly!!!!!

Ow shut the fuck up. You cannot mean this. I know plenty people with financial difficulties that cannot afford to pay this stupid prices.
2nd August 2006 03:02 PM
F505 Worst thread ever!
2nd August 2006 03:02 PM
chevysales
quote:
jb wrote:
Very good posting. I am ashamed of the sales, particularly Boston. The fact that they chose to open there, and are literally being spit in the face by this city, is truly humiliating.

yes but while there we fans of real football teams will spit on the turf of the pats and not look up once at their 3 frickin' banners.

and pugs have you seen this... pug bowling. http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=86CFF422-BA59-43D3-9DA6-FF64314A1DE8,E92A5C62-3E2F-4F9C-B733-40DF3B63A4A3&t=m137&f=06/64&p=hotvideo_viralvideos>1=8404
[Edited by chevysales]
2nd August 2006 03:06 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

See: MINI TOUR

"Mini" is a misnomer term coined by those who pretend they are in the know, when in fact the word "mini" directly contradicts the BIGGER in "A Bigger Bang."
2nd August 2006 03:07 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Ow shut the fuck up. You cannot mean this. I know plenty people with financial difficulties that cannot afford to pay this stupid prices.

Then they should not be known on a message board and instead be working on ways to seek a more desirable level of financial income to meet their needs/wants.
2nd August 2006 03:08 PM
voodoopug
quote:
chevysales wrote:

yes but while there we fans of real football teams will spit on the turf of the pats and not look up once at their 3 frickin' banners.

and pugs have you seen this... pug bowling. http://video.msn.com/v/us/v.htm?g=86CFF422-BA59-43D3-9DA6-FF64314A1DE8,E92A5C62-3E2F-4F9C-B733-40DF3B63A4A3&t=m137&f=06/64&p=hotvideo_viralvideos>1=8404
[Edited by chevysales]

That is one of my favorite online videos!
2nd August 2006 03:08 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I have those shows earmarked as well.

Cool. In that case, get me some good seats please.
2nd August 2006 03:09 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Then they should not be known on a message board and instead be working on ways to seek a more desirable level of financial income to meet their needs/wants.

This is by far the most stupid thing I have ever read.
2nd August 2006 03:10 PM
Dan
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

This is by far the most stupid thing I have ever read.

Are you new here?
2nd August 2006 03:10 PM
Michael Cohl The lesser fans are really busting my balls here. I work day and night to provide the best for you people and this is the result? Pony up some cash and thank me later. I have a few surprises planned for the upcoming shows.
2nd August 2006 03:11 PM
Some Guy The war along with the uncertainties it brings is hurting sales.
2nd August 2006 03:12 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Dan wrote:

Are you new here?

Nope. Have seen a lot. This one beats them all.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)