ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will Foxboro show be cancelled? Will sales pick up? Return to archive Page: 1 2
2nd August 2006 03:33 PM
Green Tea Nah, Boston has had to have sold more than 15-20k.

-If all the $97 tix are gone
-And most of the $150 tix are gone
- Plus about half of the $350 tix are gone.

That has to be more than 15-20k
2nd August 2006 03:35 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
Nah, Boston has had to have sold more than 15-20k.

-If all the $97 tix are gone
-And most of the $150 tix are gone
- Plus about half of the $350 tix are gone.

That has to be more than 15-20k

a large amount of tickets are not even being offered up for sale at this point, The machine is attempting to create demand by making it look like tickets are selling well
2nd August 2006 03:36 PM
Green Tea You can't get a $150 ticket on the floor.

The only $97 tickets left are on the opposite end of the stadium.

Plus, you can always get the top end tickets. Right up until the day of the show.

It's the $60 tickets that are killing the sales.
2nd August 2006 03:40 PM
Green Tea Pug:

If they were that desperate to sell tickets why would they not allow the best ones to the public.

It makes no sense.
2nd August 2006 03:44 PM
Dan
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
Pug:

If they were that desperate to sell tickets why would they not allow the best ones to the public.

It makes no sense.

It makes perfect sense. They have no problem selling better seats if and when they are available. Its the crummier high end seats that they have to sell and the best way to do that is to make more desireable seats unavailable.

I have long since learned that unavailable through Ticketmaster online and "sold out" are two totally different things.
2nd August 2006 03:49 PM
Green Tea So are you saying I could still get ground level $150 from ticketmaster at som point?

If so I might buy them and hope to move up with an upgrade.
2nd August 2006 03:50 PM
Green Tea At the end of the day how many people will be at this show?

My best guess is about 40-45k
2nd August 2006 03:56 PM
pdog
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
At the end of the day how many people will be at this show?

My best guess is about 40-45k

Freebies and giveaways will fill up the show!
2nd August 2006 03:57 PM
Dan
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
So are you saying I could still get ground level $150 from ticketmaster at som point?

All I can say is when looking for tickets, never buy anything unless you are happy with it, and keep checking til you find something.
2nd August 2006 04:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:

All I can say is when looking for tickets, never buy anything unless you are happy with it, and keep checking til you find something.

this is solid, albeit redundant, advice.

Dan,
you really should consider writing a book on how to get tix on the cheap. I'm serious. Maybe even do one of those "Concert Tix For Dummies" books.

or, at the very least, a blog. No overhead costs needed btw.
2nd August 2006 05:01 PM
Poison Dart The stadium looks more than half full at this point.
2nd August 2006 05:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
Pug:

It makes no sense.

It is economics at its absolute basic. Please See Dan's post, he covered it well.
2nd August 2006 05:09 PM
pdog
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
The stadium looks more than half full at this point.

2nd August 2006 05:24 PM
throbby I bought one. Doing my best to help.
2nd August 2006 05:29 PM
Poison Dart Pdog:

I meant it in a good way. If the stadium is already 1/2 full they should get a decent crowd. It's almost two months away.

Anyway, fuck them. If they weren't such greedy bastards they would sell the place out in an hour with decent prices.
2nd August 2006 05:31 PM
pdog
quote:
throbby wrote:
I bought one. Doing my best to help.

You will be taking a date?
2nd August 2006 05:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Poison Dart wrote:
Pdog:

I meant it in a good way. If the stadium is already 1/2 full they should get a decent crowd. It's almost two months away.

Anyway, fuck them. If they weren't such greedy bastards they would sell the place out in an hour with decent prices.

they will get a full house, just not a full profit. We should all be thankful, they owe us nothing!
2nd August 2006 05:36 PM
pdog
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

they will get a full house, just not a full profit. We should all be thankful, they owe us nothing!

What part of guarenteed payment you not get?
2nd August 2006 05:40 PM
Jerry in Boston The Stones opened the fucking tour in our city with 2 shows at Fenway park to a near combined total of approx 72,000 people at high-end prices. Then they tried to sell 2 shows at the arena with a few thousand seats unsold. If they hadn't been dancing and shouting with glee to the lovely tune of "KA CHING" they would have heard the sound of the fucking door closing right there.

Boston is not populated by a high percentage of rich retards. We may have our fair share of fat wallets in this city but the greed-grab associates underestimated our collective intelligence. Even we understand the fundamentals of "supply and demand". Basically, how the fuck can we miss them if they never fucking go away?

Whatever ... but we're not a bunch of lemmings that will simply throw our credit cards at the feet of the almighty Cohl for a 5th time in a year simply because he wants us to. We're smart enough and reserve the right to say no when an asshole wants to fuck us without lube and a reach-around!!
2nd August 2006 05:44 PM
glencar You really use lube? I'd heard you liked it rough.
2nd August 2006 05:46 PM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
glencar wrote:
You really use lube? I'd heard you liked it rough.

LOL Don't make me laugh... I'm in protest mode!
2nd August 2006 05:47 PM
glencar I'm glad you took it in the spirit in which it was intended. In comedy, chances are taken....
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)