ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Will Foxboro show be cancelled? Will sales pick up? Return to archive Page: 1 2
2nd August 2006 02:39 PM
Green Tea It looks like ticket sales in Boston are going to be very weak. I doubt the stadium will even be 1/2 sold out. Will the Stones avoid this embarrassment and just cancel the show?

It looks like there has been almost no sales in the $352 tickets. As well as the $60 tickets.

I am shocked how badly this show is selling when you consider it's opening night.

Have the Stones played to a stadium crowd this small in recent times?

Is there any chance tickets sales will pick up?
2nd August 2006 02:41 PM
Some Guy It seems embrassing any way you look at it.
2nd August 2006 02:41 PM
Saint Sway I hope the floor is empty.

they need to know that $350-450 tix are not cool.

Screw the stadiums. I'm not going.

I just want EVERYONE HERE to have the chance to see them at the Beacon or another equally small theatre type setting.
2nd August 2006 02:42 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I hope the floor is empty.

they need to know that $350-450 tix are not cool.

Screw the stadiums. I'm not going.

I just want EVERYONE HERE to have the chance to see them at the Beacon or another equally small theatre type setting.

even me? (with or without cape?)
2nd August 2006 02:42 PM
jb
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
It looks like ticket sales in Boston are going to be very weak. I doubt the stadium will even be 1/2 sold out. Will the Stones avoid this embarrassment and just cancel the show?

It looks like there has been almost no sales in the $352 tickets. As well as the $60 tickets.

I am shocked how badly this show is selling when you consider it's opening night.

Have the Stones played to a stadium crowd this small in recent times?

Is there any chance tickets sales will pick up?

I suspect that it won't be cancelled as it would be too embarrassing. I think they will papaer the place as much as possible to fillit up. Boston is a pathetic Stones town and this is shameful.
2nd August 2006 02:44 PM
Green Tea What does papear the place mean?
2nd August 2006 02:45 PM
Dan It wont be cancelled. I think Cohl is taking advantage of the fact that the stadium owners are relatively inexperienced in the concert business. They have secured a large guarantee up front that must be paid regardless of the amount of tickets sold.

If the Gilette owners had done a bit of digging they would have found the Fleet Center gigs in January were a few thousand short of a sellout. The show will go on, even if parking is $50 and beers are $15 to make up for the loss . The band will get paid and Gilette will learn a lesson about researching these things a little better.
2nd August 2006 02:45 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

I suspect that it won't be cancelled as it would be too embarrassing. I think they will papaer the place as much as possible to fillit up. Boston is a pathetic Stones town and this is shameful.

After a while, supporting players such as Manny Ramirez will eventually rub off on the level of support for the Stones.

The Stones made Boston another home to them and are being humiliated. If I lived in Boston, I would have to move after seeing this, or at least consider an extended vacation!
2nd August 2006 02:48 PM
jb What is the weakest market so far...Boston, Giants, Soldiers, or Halifax?
2nd August 2006 02:49 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

even me? (with or without cape?)

Yes even you, Mr Bon Jovi fan.

I have been priveleged to see the Stones in small venues and it is the greatest experience. Theres an exhiliration. Everyone here needs to experience that. We are the true fans.

the stadiums are for the casual, generic classic rock fans that own Forty Licks and are baffled when the band plays a track of Sticky Fingers.

this is the last tour and I want everyone here to see them in a small venue!!!
2nd August 2006 02:50 PM
Green Tea Any chance tickets pick up as we get closer?
2nd August 2006 02:53 PM
jb
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
Any chance tickets pick up as we get closer?

not really..that is more of a european phenomenon...
[Edited by jb]
2nd August 2006 02:55 PM
Green Tea Boston must be the weakest market.
2nd August 2006 02:58 PM
Black and Blue
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
...are baffled when the band plays a track of Sticky Fingers.

LOL I went to the calgary show (10-26-05) and after We left the concert I heard some people saying, What was that country song (wild horses) and also some people saying was that "All down the line" song from "A BIG BANG" my god they were dumb
2nd August 2006 02:59 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
Boston must be the weakest market.

I agree!!!

Papering is the term used to describe the "behind the scenes work" that the stones camp (particulary young prodigy Jacob Cohl) does to fill up a stadium/arena that has not sold all of its tickets.
2nd August 2006 03:01 PM
Jumping Jack Where are the kids?
2nd August 2006 03:02 PM
Green Tea So with that in mind will the show at least come close to looking sold out?

I had no idea that there was even such a practice. What do they do give tix away?

I thought this was the biggest tour of alltime?
2nd August 2006 03:07 PM
Dan
quote:
Green Tea wrote:

I had no idea that there was even such a practice. What do they do give tix away?

There is a venue here in LA connected to a glorified shopping mall/tourist trap. When they don't sell enough tickets, its very easy to find free tickets in the general vicinity. Saw 3 free shows already this year.

2nd August 2006 03:10 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
What is the weakest market so far...Boston, Giants, Soldiers, or Halifax?

Fucking Halifax!
2nd August 2006 03:14 PM
Green Tea What are they going to do give 45,000 tickets away?

What shithead thought it was a good idea to put the Stones in a stadium if they couldn't sell out 20,000 seats in the same city only a few months ago?
2nd August 2006 03:19 PM
pdog
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
What does papear the place mean?

2nd August 2006 03:19 PM
Green Tea Halifax has sold over 40,000 tickets thus far.

That show will come close to selling out.
2nd August 2006 03:20 PM
taz22 Halifax will be fine.....it's a GA show......they'll dump tickets to get fans on the commons.

It is quite possible that the NHL pre-season hockey game that will be held the night before the Halifax show has taken away some customers. The game features Ottawa vs Toronto....two teams that truly hate eachother....and the fans can watch the game for $75.00 and be assured they'll see someone get the sh*t kicked out them as these pre-season games feature numerous fights. These maritimes (and most canadians ) love a good rough hockey game.
2nd August 2006 03:20 PM
Dan I would have to say Boston. I doubt any band has ever sold 35,000 tickets in Halifax before.
2nd August 2006 03:21 PM
Green Tea How many tickets has Boston sold?
2nd August 2006 03:23 PM
glencar I bought a ticket for Boston. Anyon else?
2nd August 2006 03:23 PM
Dan
quote:
Green Tea wrote:
How many tickets has Boston sold?

Information like this is rarely made publicly available prior to the show unless it is a true sellout.
2nd August 2006 03:27 PM
Green Tea I just did a quick search and it seems nearly all the $97 and $150 tickets are sold out. What % are the $350 tickets and $60 tickets?

I would guess that there can't be a huge #of $350 (somebody said they are about 1/2 sold out of those sections)tickets. So the real weakness is in the $60 tickets
2nd August 2006 03:29 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
I bought a ticket for Boston. Anyon else?

A few thousand others! Maybe 15k or 20k...

2nd August 2006 03:32 PM
glencar I'm gonna be so ronery....
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)