ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger gets his TV ya-yas out Return to archive
1st August 2006 09:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Jagger gets his TV ya-yas out
e-mail print

Tuesday, August 1, 2006

By RICK PORTER
ZAP2IT.COM

You may know by now that when "Ed" creators Rob Burnett and Jon Beckerman were pitching the show that became "The Knights of Prosperity," the original celebrity target for the group of ragtag thieves was Jeff Goldblum.

Goldblum was never attached to the show, and he's now working for NBC. Somehow, though, the creators ended up with Mick Jagger.

"As we got closer to the pilot, we had, obviously, many, many lists of people," Burnett said recently at the Television Critics Association press tour in California. "And I believe it was Stephen McPherson [the president of ABC Entertainment] who threw out the name Mick Jagger, and we were all like, 'Yeah. Sure. Great,' you know -- 'Mick Jagger, go get him.' "

Beckerman and Burnett didn't really think they had much of a shot at getting the Rolling Stones singer and rock-and-roll legend to poke fun at himself. But the script made its way to his reps, and they apparently liked it.

"And we still never thought it was going to happen," Burnett says. "And then, very close to the pilot, it all came together, and we were told Mick himself read the script ... and that he was going to call us. And Jon and I received a call from Mick Jagger and his producing partner, Victoria Pearman. We chatted about the show and whatnot.

"And the next thing we knew, he said he would do a cameo in the pilot."

The comedy stars Donal Logue ("Grounded for Life") as a janitor who organizes a group of would-be thieves to rob Jagger's $52 million New York apartment. Jagger appears in a few scenes, leading an E! crew around his fabulous pad and discussing how yogurt baths help his skin.

The "Knights" crew traveled to New Zealand to shoot Jagger's scenes, as the Stones had just finished a leg of their most recent tour there. (The North American encore of the Stones' A Bigger Bang tour kicks off Sept. 20 at Boston's Gillette Stadium and includes a Sept. 27 stop at Giants Stadium.)

"I believe he delayed his vacation a day or two for us, so he had all the reason to be cranky and exhausted, but he couldn't have been nicer," Burnett says.

"He seemed to have a fun time doing it, and he was great. ... I remember Jon and I standing there and we thought -- you know, we didn't know Mick Jagger. And he came down, and we were about to shoot the first thing, and we looked at each other, and we said, 'We're going to know in about 20 seconds whether this is going to be good or bad,' and as soon as he did the first thing, we just looked at each other and smiled and said, 'This is going to be a breeze,' which it was."

So much so that it's likely Jagger will return to the series. It will be dependent on his schedule -- "Mick's a big, busy rock star," Burnett jokes -- but Burnett and Beckerman hope to feature him in at least a handful of episodes.
1st August 2006 11:12 PM
not bound to please
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
and discussing how yogurt baths help his skin.

I shall not take yogurt baths for my skin care regimen.
2nd August 2006 01:27 AM
pdog I eat yogurt, a banana and a bagel every morning!
2nd August 2006 09:42 AM
Some Guy So this thing is really happening?
2nd August 2006 09:45 AM
Jumping Jack Yummy!
2nd August 2006 11:15 AM
keefkid it actually looks pretty funny...

http://www.tv.com/the-knights-of-prosperity/show/58495/videos.html

you're never alone with a ... hat...
2nd August 2006 03:24 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
keefkid wrote:
it actually looks pretty funny...

http://www.tv.com/the-knights-of-prosperity/show/58495/videos.html

you're never alone with a ... hat...

That aint funny. Mick is turning into an embarrassing debacle of what he once used to be.
3rd August 2006 10:01 AM
keefkid
quote:
Dick Bush wrote:

That aint funny. Mick is turning into an embarrassing debacle of what he once used to be.

one mans opinion...

i think its funny...

you need to hook up with the guy on here who thinks the same thing about keith...
[Edited by keefkid]
3rd August 2006 10:04 AM
glencar It's funny stuff.
3rd August 2006 10:08 AM
keefkid you're never alone with a ... hat

yea, it is ... why would someone think that a 5 second little clip like that, just off the cuff, quick, clever & funny, means he is embarrasing himself???

some people take things way too seriously... Stones never have that problem ... thas one of the many reason i luv them...

haa
3rd August 2006 10:09 AM
glencar Exactly! Some people just have no sense of humor.
3rd August 2006 10:47 AM
Some Guy ok, not bad or at least as bad as some other junk thats on.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)