ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: which is the most irritating and/or annoying Stones music? (Dirty Work out) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
2nd August 2006 04:12 PM
texile
quote:
Zack wrote:
Some may love it, but I'm with Keith asleep on stage: Fool to Cry is the sappiest, most boring, overlong piece of lyric shite the Stones have ever done.

"Ooooo...hooo!"

Barf

yeah but keith nodded out because he fucked up -
fool to cry is beautiful.
2nd August 2006 04:44 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Dirty Work.
2nd August 2006 05:49 PM
Joey
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Dirty Work.

Bless You .
2nd August 2006 05:50 PM
glencar Dirty Work is light years better than VL.
2nd August 2006 06:11 PM
pdog Dirty Work is almost all Keith... And when it rocks, it rocks hard! Jagger was MIA for the sessions except to put down the vocals.
Bad production is what killed it, the album is actually very strong in some places!
2nd August 2006 06:12 PM
glencar Slashing geetars, nasty lyrics, a bit poppy on the backing vocals & overall sound.
2nd August 2006 09:42 PM
Soldatti Half of Dirty Work rocks harder than any Stones song since '86.
2nd August 2006 09:52 PM
pdog
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Half of Dirty Work rocks harder than any Stones song since '86.

All of it rocks harder than ABB. Maybe we need a good Jagger richards brawl to get one last good album out of them! If you're rich, happy and getting your ass kissed you can't make a good rock and roll record!
The current Stones machine is proof, you can forget where you come from, and what it felt like to suffer and struggle! So the music sucks!
2nd August 2006 09:56 PM
glencar I don't get you ABB dissers! Please give it another listen. Please!
2nd August 2006 10:00 PM
pdog I'd rather listen to something else... I won't listen to ABB until next year! I will give it a try then. I'll listen to anything else by them from Bridges on back...
2nd August 2006 10:01 PM
glencar Please! Gice it a whirl! I'd hate for you to PM me a year or two from now & admit the error of your ways. Do it for Lebanon!
2nd August 2006 10:04 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Please! Gice it a whirl! I'd hate for you to PM me a year or two from now & admit the error of your ways. Do it for Lebanon!

I will openly admit if I change my heart. I was so starved for Stones I wanted to like it so much. Nothing on their sticks with me enough. I don't hear the music in my head and look forward to cranking it at the first oppurtunnity. i got alot of other stuff that does that to me, I can't fuck with the mojo of my music.
2nd August 2006 10:13 PM
Soldatti ABB is a fine album but with 4-5 fillers.
2nd August 2006 10:21 PM
pdog
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
ABB is a fine album but with 4-5 fillers.

I'd be stretching it to say I still can listen to 4 or 5 tracks!
2nd August 2006 10:28 PM
Brainbell Jangler There are two types of Stones fans:
1. Those who recognize that "Anyway You Look At It" is far and away the worst thing the Stones have ever released.
2. Those who have never heard "Anyway You Look At It."
2nd August 2006 10:38 PM
Soldatti
quote:
pdog wrote:

I'd be stretching it to say I still can listen to 4 or 5 tracks!

That's a good number for an EP.
2nd August 2006 11:11 PM
pdog
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:
There are two types of Stones fans:
1. Those who recognize that "Anyway You Look At It" is far and away the worst thing the Stones have ever released.
2. Those who have never heard "Anyway You Look At It."

I wish I was a 2...
2nd August 2006 11:19 PM
pdog
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
That's a good number for an EP.

Less is more. They could've done more work on fewr tracks tracks. Especially the lyrics! Saved the other stuff for future development in a trash bin.
I like the two non- LP tracks from the DVD... I wish they were on a single... Maybe Rarities Pt. II...
Ugh!
3rd August 2006 01:20 AM
Paranoid_Android can't beleive i am the first to say that START ME UP, wants me want to poke an icepik into each eardrum!!!

A few others I cringe at are:

Flip The Switch (oh yeah, Oh yeah!!)

Neocon (oh, no...it's not about GWB...puh-leeze)

Sunday Bloody Sunday (Jagger sounds like Bono on steroids)

Mixed Emotions (I hate SW more than DW)
3rd August 2006 02:09 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
pdog wrote:

I wish I was a 2...

No kidding, bro. It's almost incomprehensibly bad. I'm waiting for someone to post that they HAVE heard it and don't think it's the worst Stones song possible.
3rd August 2006 02:59 AM
pdog
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

No kidding, bro. It's almost incomprehensibly bad. I'm waiting for someone to post that they HAVE heard it and don't think it's the worst Stones song possible.

Someone did post something along those lines here recently.
3rd August 2006 09:08 AM
nanatod
quote:
egon wrote:
are you kidding???????????

No. I can not stand the song "Heartbreaker." It's like nails on a chalk board to me. There is no other Stones song that comes close to the dislike I have for that number.
3rd August 2006 09:15 AM
not bound to please
quote:
glencar wrote:
Except for BBR, I like the songs you listed. VL has a couple of others that are OK but it's their weakest one ever.

we need to fight the good fight - the storm is back...
3rd August 2006 09:47 AM
glencar La Storm est morte!!!
3rd August 2006 11:09 AM
Moonisup
quote:
glencar wrote:
Slashing geetars, nasty lyrics, a bit poppy on the backing vocals & overall sound.

That;s exile!
3rd August 2006 11:12 AM
glencar No way!
3rd August 2006 11:16 AM
Moonisup looks like it!
3rd August 2006 11:19 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
can't beleive i am the first to say that START ME UP, wants me want to poke an icepik into each eardrum!!!

A few others I cringe at are:

Flip The Switch (oh yeah, Oh yeah!!)

Neocon (oh, no...it's not about GWB...puh-leeze)

Sunday Bloody Sunday (Jagger sounds like Bono on steroids)

Mixed Emotions (I hate SW more than DW)

start me up and mixed emotions are truly vomit worthy

the mixed emotions video - oy
3rd August 2006 11:19 AM
not bound to please
quote:
glencar wrote:
La Storm est morte!!!

no....
3rd August 2006 11:21 AM
glencar Yes!
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)