ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: which is the most irritating and/or annoying Stones music? (Dirty Work out) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
1st August 2006 07:34 PM
Jair Man, Gunface makes me wanna die. skip, skip, skip!!! Fast, fast, faster!!!
1st August 2006 07:37 PM
glencar Voodoo Lounge
1st August 2006 08:05 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Flip the Switch and/or Sparks Will Fly (possibly the two worst rockers the Stones have written from a lyrical standpoint).
1st August 2006 10:02 PM
Soldatti Neocon
1st August 2006 10:59 PM
the good
quote:
glencar wrote:
Voodoo Lounge

A couple of months ago I would have agreed. But for some reason on a rainy afternoon last week, I decided to throw it in while I was doing some house work. The album was much better than I recall it being. Some real gems on there; Love is strong is a very solid tune, the worst is one of Keith's best, and blinded by rainbows is one of the finest tunes the Stones have written post 81. The lyrics on the album are, as a whole, a bit subpar, but there are still some good moments (your blinded by rainbows and watching the wind blow; he's got fire in his eyes, he's got ice in his smile). Overall, I was pleasently surprised by how much I enjoyed listening to VL. I expected to have my negative impressions of it reinforced, but that didn't happen. If you disagree, you can kiss my ass.
1st August 2006 11:32 PM
deuce Sweethearts Together
Feel On Baby
Heaven
Streets Of Love

A few of my non-favorites
2nd August 2006 01:01 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Jair wrote:
Man, Gunface makes me wanna die. skip, skip, skip!!! Fast, fast, faster!!!

No way. I love Gunface. Not in the top ten or anything, but an original sounding tune. Love the guitar sounds. Bridges To Babylon had a lot of sonic creativity, in my opinion.

On the irritating/annoying list:

Most of Steel Wheels
All of Satanic Majesties
Half the pre-Satanic Majesties cover tunes
2nd August 2006 01:03 AM
Lethargy
quote:
the good wrote:

A couple of months ago I would have agreed. But for some reason on a rainy afternoon last week, I decided to throw it in while I was doing some house work. The album was much better than I recall it being. Some real gems on there; Love is strong is a very solid tune, the worst is one of Keith's best, and blinded by rainbows is one of the finest tunes the Stones have written post 81. The lyrics on the album are, as a whole, a bit subpar, but there are still some good moments (your blinded by rainbows and watching the wind blow; he's got fire in his eyes, he's got ice in his smile). Overall, I was pleasently surprised by how much I enjoyed listening to VL. I expected to have my negative impressions of it reinforced, but that didn't happen. If you disagree, you can kiss my ass.

I love Voodoo Lounge. I love Voodoo Brew even more. Love Is Strong, You Got Me Rocking, The Worst, Mean Disposition, and many others are great.
2nd August 2006 01:08 AM
claudiomoraleida Sweethearts together
Sweet Neocon
Blinded By Love
2nd August 2006 01:24 AM
Brainbell Jangler Anyway You Look At It.
2nd August 2006 01:28 AM
pdog Anyway You Look At It...
Worst Stones ever! Even worse than SOL, which I can at least listen to w/o hurting myself to drown out the noise in my ears!
2nd August 2006 04:03 AM
Zack Some may love it, but I'm with Keith asleep on stage: Fool to Cry is the sappiest, most boring, overlong piece of lyric shite the Stones have ever done.

"Ooooo...hooo!"

Barf
2nd August 2006 04:32 AM
Jumacfly I would have said ABB a few weeks ago but I rediscover it nowadays and really enjoy most of the tunes, even neocon!!

Most boring Stones???
most of DW may be.

I like VL and LOVE BTB, a real underrated album with a great production ( ALready over me , which I considered as a piece of shit got perfect guitars arrangements IMHO)

the first poster who put the words "emotional rescue" and "boring stones" in the same sentence will be fired and registered by myself on the James Blunt message board.

thanks!!!
2nd August 2006 05:08 AM
Truman Beric Emotional Rescue
2nd August 2006 05:26 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Truman Beric wrote:
Emotional Rescue

you re beautiful!
2nd August 2006 06:41 AM
Truman Beric I am indeed ;-)
2nd August 2006 07:21 AM
glencar
quote:
the good wrote:

Except for BBR, I like the songs you listed. VL has a couple of others that are OK but it's their weakest one ever.
2nd August 2006 07:27 AM
Steel Wheels Might As Well Get Juiced
In Another Land

Gunface sounds great when listened to in a car with a great stereo.
2nd August 2006 08:45 AM
egon sweethearts
drive my car
the storm
whining ugly (sorry i must mention it)
back to zero (ditto)
biggest mistake

to name a few

[Edited by egon]
2nd August 2006 08:46 AM
Madafaka Might As Well Get Juiced
2nd August 2006 09:08 AM
nanatod Heartbreaker.
2nd August 2006 09:25 AM
egon
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Heartbreaker.

are you kidding???????????
2nd August 2006 09:43 AM
Jumping Jack Streets of Shit, Neocon, Juiced
2nd August 2006 09:55 AM
Egbert Voodoo Lounge
2nd August 2006 11:34 AM
the good
quote:
nanatod wrote:
Heartbreaker.

I've never been a fan of this one either.
2nd August 2006 11:36 AM
Joey

Dirty Work ( *** blech *** )

2nd August 2006 11:41 AM
Lethargy
quote:
Zack wrote:
Some may love it, but I'm with Keith asleep on stage: Fool to Cry is the sappiest, most boring, overlong piece of lyric shite the Stones have ever done.

"Ooooo...hooo!"

Barf

Agreed! Never liked it, and I've tried very hard to like it.
2nd August 2006 11:48 AM
pdog
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
and I've tried very hard to like it.

2nd August 2006 12:33 PM
Lethargy
quote:
pdog wrote:

Love those Gollum images, pdog! LOL!!
2nd August 2006 01:15 PM
pdog
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Love those Gollum images, pdog! LOL!!

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)