ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Amsterdam - 31st July 2006
© PPTB Press with thanks to Sue
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Here's what Foxboro sales look like (Ticketmaster) Return to archive
1st August 2006 06:16 PM
Poison Dart According to the ticketmaster website this is what looks to be open nearly 48 hours after tickets went on sale to the general public when you request two seats in these sections.

This was as of 4pm (est)

The tickets listed are what comes up as best available

1/ $352 Floor Seating (sec A5 row 23)
2/ $352 Lower section (sec 129 row 3

1/ $152 Lower seating (no tix available)
2/ $152 Floor seats (no tix available)
3/ $152 Mezzanine (sec 107 row 4)

1/ $97 Club seating (no tix available)
2/ $97 Floor seating (no tix available)
3/ $97 Lower section (no tix available)
4/ $97 Mezzanine (no tix available)
5/ $97 upper section (sec 103 row 30)(opposite side of stadium)

1/ $62 Club section (no tix available)
2/ $62 lower section (sec 332 row 14) (nosebleed seat)
3/ $62 mezzanine (sec 331 row 22) (nosebleed seat)
4/ $62 Upper section (sec 307 row 6) (nosebleed seat)

- It seems nobody wants to pay top dollar (FUCK THEM AND THEIR $352 DOLLAR TICKETS) I hope those sections are totally empty. But it looks like roughly half of those seats on the ground in that $350 range have been sold.

To charge $352 in a stadium for a band's fifth performance in Boston in a year takes big balls.

- The mid range tix $97-$152 are selling pretty well. It seems all ground level tix in this range are sold out. As are all the $97 tickets with the exception of seats (sec 137) that are on the opposite side of the stadium.

- The $152 seats also seem to be selling fairly well. With no two seats together in the lower seating or floor levels. Only sections 105-107 are still on sale (from what I can tell) at that price range.

- The thing that really caught my attention was that there was a ton of $62 tix still for sale. Only the $62 club seats have sold out. Granted, these seats suck. But they are a pretty good bargin for the Stones.

Can anybody tell from these numbers how many seats are still for sale? If they don't come close to selling out will they cancel these shows?

I for one will not be going to the show. I love the Stones but I refuse to pay $352 for a good seat (no seat is that great in a stadium) nor do I want to pay $62 to sit a football stadium away for a band I have already seen twice this year.

$352 ticket = GREEDY

If they had sold those seats for say $120 me and all my friends would be there. But, since the Stones and Cohl are essentially saying fuck you to the fans. I (in my own little way) am saying fuck you right back to them.

Who would have thought the Stones (the one time "bad boys of rock and roll") would have turned into glorified accountants?

PS: Just bought nearly front row seats for Bob Dylan at McCoy stadium (about 1/2 hour from Foxboro) for $52 each. That is 7 times less than the equivalent Stones ticket.
1st August 2006 06:20 PM
Poison Dart There is still 6 weeks to go. So my guess is they will have a respectable crowd. If not a sellout.
1st August 2006 06:25 PM
Saint Sway I wish they didnt go after every single fucking possible way to rip off their fans. $450 tix at the back of the floor, cell phone deals, "hot seats", above stage seating, fan club memberships, deluxe packages, deluxe bigger bang....

fucking vultures

they're not happy until they bleed us dry
1st August 2006 06:27 PM
Ihavelotsajam To be fair, regardless of whether the tickets are selling well or horribly, I am pretty sure that this lates leg of the tour has had NO publicity whatsoever. Regardless of the ticket prices, do most people even know the Stones are coming to the US yet again? I'd actually bet they dont.
1st August 2006 06:29 PM
glencar Good point. This is a quiet tour. It'll still rock. I'm in the 21st row. I can't wait to meet Nellcote et alia.
1st August 2006 06:43 PM
pdog If the expensive seats don't sell, expect upgrades for those who held out and brought tier 2 tickets...
1st August 2006 06:47 PM
lotsajizz yup..they did that at the TD North garden in the January shows this year...upgrades rock!!

1st August 2006 08:30 PM
Poison Dart How do they hand out these upgrades?
1st August 2006 08:35 PM
rasputin56 Yup, got a nice upgrade from the cheaps to the beauty $450 seats at the Garden. The guy who was upgrading people had a stack of tickets about six inches thick. Foxboro will be half empty and you'll be able to get great seats for pennies on the dollar if you're so inclined. Just for fun punch in 12 tickets and you'll find you have no problem getting all of them together in every price range. It's very, very sad. Bon Jovi I hear did very well selling at Foxboro. Sad indeed.

1st August 2006 08:42 PM
Poison Dart How many more tix will this concert sell? Do tickets usually pick up close to the date?

I know in Europe the tickets picked up quite a bit as the date got closer.

Is it even half full at this point?

At what point would they cancel it?
1st August 2006 08:53 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

they're not happy until they bleed us dry

Let Us Bleed
1st August 2006 08:59 PM
jb Better than I thought...only very open as opposed to wide open...
1st August 2006 09:08 PM
Poison Dart I thought it would be worse too. There are many sections that are 100% sold out.

Is it that bad when you consider there is six weeks left and this is their 5th show in the area in a year?

Nobody wants to pay $350. Or pay $60 for shitty seats when you consider most people (in the Boston area)who wanted to see them on this tour have most likely already seen them at least once.

Bad idea to go to a stadium for the 5th show in the area in a year.But, when all is said and done it will sell fairly well. And Cohl will have the last laugh again.
2nd August 2006 02:53 PM
Green Tea How many tickets have been sold?

Any chance it gets moved to the Boston Garden?
2nd August 2006 03:25 PM
Green Tea What % of tickets of the $60 tickets? It looks like the $97 and $150 tickets are just about gone.
2nd August 2006 03:28 PM
pdog Hey! Boston !!!
2nd August 2006 05:02 PM
Poison Dart With give aways it will be full
3rd August 2006 09:32 AM
Green Tea How can they just give away tickets? And where are they going to give them away so I can be there?
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)